RPGM - Completed - Adventurer Millia And The Tower Of Desire [v1.20] [Absolute]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Lobbly

5 stars for the visuals. 3 stars for the amount of visuals. 1 star for character development, 2 stars for story and uniqueness. Visually it's great but it's not fun to play as it's repetetive, boring and like every other rpgm cashgrab of this kind if not worse due to the highly uninnovative story. There are no animations and no combat sex things. Lose to get a scene.
    I enjoy average games but this one is just really bad as the mc has no real motivations to do anything and she still does a lot of stuff. Also the game is way too long for such a lame premise. This could have been great if the developers had spent some more time on it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

myjammies

I went into the game expecting an experience similar to Liz and The Tower of whateveritwas where progression can be done without resorting to whoring yourself out, but going on a pure run does make the game more grindy and more difficult. The artwork intrigued me as well. While the game does everything perfectly fine, it doesn't really do anything supremely well. My biggest peeve with the game was that there are too few scenes and an attempt was made to pad them out using the same scene but different costumes but that doesn't really excite me. The other thing that was annoying was the lack of a corruption aspect. You can pretty much acquiesce to anything anytime and it doesn't really scratch that particular itch.

Otherwise, the artwork is decent, the game is fairly simple and sometimes fun to play like RPGM tends to be and the story is just about the way you'd expect to be. I had fun but was left wanting at the end.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

iamacathearmeroar

It's a really good hentai game - for people that just want CGs etc you can unlock everything from the very start*, alternatively get infinite money and/or a cheaty sword to steamroll the game.

There are no hidden collectibles or anything afaik, everything important is from a boss drop or obvious/on-the-way chest and I finished the game in about 3 hours. Once you do finish the game you can choose to unlock all the CGs etc including ones with alternate outfits

The story isn't amazing but it doesn't really need to be.
    Combat seems pretty easy except for a few enemies, but you can just run from any hard fight with no penalty anyway.
    CGs are split up into enemy defeat scenes, generic scenes with people, and game over/special event scenes - most of these change based on your outfit (naked, normal clothes, maid outfit, bikini armour, string swimsuit)
  4. 3.00 star(s)

honokan

The reviews for this game might suggest that this is a stellar experience for fans of the FMC RPGM games. But after playing through it, I just don't think I can agree with that rating. To summarize, this is a fairly standard game with some decent art.

Pros:
    - I actually enjoy the simplicity of the game, the lack of extra areas keeps the focus of the game in view all the time
    - It tracks the sex desire stat, a favorite and classic of the genre
    - A few outfits to choose from that carry over into CGs
    - The art is pretty nice, not amazing but not subpar
    - The game isn't too hard or grindy which makes it great for... other purposes

Cons:
    - The story is lacking and there's no grand narrative if that's your thing
    - As another review stated, there's no real corruption. From the beginning, while the MC is sex-averse you can still willingly choose to go through sexual situations
    - While the game itself isn't very grindy, the sex desire stat can take a little while to grind up. It does pick up as you get sluttier though
    - The sex desire stat doesn't do a whole lot, sure she begins to enjoy it but she never really hits the extreme levels of depravity or sluttiness that some may be looking for
    - Not a lot of variety in CGs as far as art itself, yes the outfits change what you wear in each encounter but otherwise not many variations
    - The monster sex is defeat only, and the coveted surrender skill is locked behind a virgin playthrough. It can definitely lead to a long time spent playing if you don't want to just download a full save.

In short, the game is fine. It's not amazing, it's not awful, it was fun for what it was but it won't stand the test of time as a classic or redefinition of the genre. For a similar game, I'd recommend Liz of the Tower Town, it also features a girl climbing a tower where I think the lust stat really has a bigger impact on their behavior.

The game is worth a try if you love the genre or really love the art style, but otherwise I think there are probably better alternatives out there.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Alucinante

This is a short review for those skeptical about all the 5 stars. Well, It's not a 5 star game. Maybe a 4-good if you are really into the genre, but then again this is such a simple game it doesn't really have a niche other than it's a standard ero rpgm game.

What to expect:
    -Only one city and a big tower
    -Ye old big dungeon (tower) with several floors, checkpoints and shortcuts
    -Combat isn't difficult nor that grindy, but there's maybe too much of it
    -If you are into sublety, character building and story, expect to find the default jrpg experience, which is none
    -About 10 different scenes that are rehashed for different npcs (the blowjob scene, the anal scene, etc)
    -A few different clothes that modify the basic scenes
    -It isn't even tagged or advertised, but so its clear: There's NO corruption. You start as a very liberated girl (which is fine), in fact I accidentally prostituted myself at the inn 5 minutes into the game thinking I'd simply pass the night.
    -There's a lewd stat but it's not very detailed, at some point I guess she just goes from "I sex everyone" to "I sex everyone, with a smile".

In sum, it's a very simple, kinda bland game, few scenes and not enough role play for those looking for more imaginative scenarios, then again, it's short, solid and well drawn. All in all an average game, neither better nor worse, so play when you exhausted better games.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Meopya

Honestly a very AVERAGE RPGM game.

The art is good and there's a unique defeat scene for every generic enemy as well as the standard event CGs. Gameplay is the standard mindless RPGM turn-based combat. Whether or not this is a good thing is up to the player really.
    Translation is good, and I appreciate the translator going the extra mile to add additional dialogue and scenes to characters that didn't have any in the original game.
    Small gripe would be the lack of variation in the event CGs, you'll see the same CGs repeated in some scenes.
    Biggest downside though, is the lack of UNIQUE enemy boss CGs in this current version. MOST bosses share the same defeat CG as their minions.

All in all, a really standard RPGM blessed with a good translation. It's not a very long game so I recommend just playing through the entire thing yourself.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

KingsRaiden

Not bad overall. The inventory limit was a nice touch, but the ability to easily raise her lewdness, and change the interactions with the characters was fun. Having multiple outfits was great, and I am a fan of clothes breaking so that was nice to see. Wasn't super hard but definitely need to grind a bit, the edited text was understandable so you could enjoy the story.

Pros:
    • Clothes Breaking and Outfits
    • Simple combat, gets easier if you clear every floor
    • Character interactions change with the lewdness level
    • Fun atmosphere overall
    • Simple inventory management, you have limits which is more realistic
    Cons:
    • Inventory system requires management, which is not a usual in these games and may throw some off
    • Graphics are reused a lot, so not a lot of variety
    • Ending was kind of lackluster
  8. 5.00 star(s)

mar2503

Simple but extremely well executed.
    The translation is also very well done.
    The sex scenes are not that many but all are well written and very well drawn, and the writting of side characters is also far more than you see in most other games with most of the characters in the town being likeable.
    Over all its a joy to see such a straight foward but well done rpg with a female protagonist.
    Hope to see more from both the developer and the translator in the future.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Xhin

A fun game. Pretty easy and simple game to play too. Not the most original game out there but does everything well. Wish there was more scenes cause I love the art. Looking at the DLsite, this is their first game so hopefully they make more games and it will be longer than this one. Would recommend this game.