PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I encountered this error with megumin's last H-event
Thanks for the report, will get it fixed!

who I miss here?
IIRC that's Gabriel's slot, will fix as well

Seen Events 24/28, nothing in Main Events of Bonus Events (have them all). What am I missing?
The counter might be including game over and easter-egg events right now, so don't worry about it. Will fix it in the next version

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Megumin yells "Explosion!", I scream "Update!"

Oh he's perverted alright.
Groping tag is there.
Thanks!
Perverterd Kazuma is like wet water

Pastry are you going to make us humiliate Sena or defeat her with our amazing anarchic aura, if we follow the chaotic road?
Uh uh tell us please, the bourgeouise must die, and fuck da police (literally)

• Haha
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Adventurer Trainer [v0.1.5] [PastryIRL] – Compressed

Win/Linux v0.1.5 · · · (427.5 MiB :: 1.53 GiB)
Mac v0.1.5 · · (393.4 MiB :: 1.5 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, barely reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

kojos3000

Oct 24, 2019
Tremendous update. I loved the intro videos. The only thing I wish is for, as a fervent self inserter, is that you could change the name of the MC in the beginning, and be able to change all of its various versions.

I am referring to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Luckily I have URM so I can just do the rename text function, but it's annoying each time I see another version of the name, I'm not experienced with manipulating strings in Python/Ren'Py and making Aqua's drunken dialect based on a variable, but maybe in the case where a custom MC name is being used, an alternative could just be that when drunken-speech it is just italicized or bolded.

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Tremendous update. I loved the intro videos. The only thing I wish is for, as a fervent self inserter, is that you could change the name of the MC in the beginning, and be able to change all of its various versions.

I am referring to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Luckily I have URM so I can just do the rename text function, but it's annoying each time I see another version of the name, I'm not experienced with manipulating strings in Python/Ren'Py and making Aqua's drunken dialect based on a variable, but maybe in the case where a custom MC name is being used, an alternative could just be that when drunken-speech it is just italicized or bolded.
No Kuzuma yet? That's odd. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: DrIvanR1314

Aarghvark

Feb 25, 2019
Error when trying to go on a quest with 5 characters:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/guild.rpy", line 25, in script
    call screen available_quests
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/quest_selection.rpy", line 21, in set_floor
    self.start_quest()
  File "game/quest_selection.rpy", line 43, in start_quest
    adventure = Adventure(self.quest, floor=self.floor, party=self.party)
  File "game/scripts/adventuring/adventuring.rpy", line 19, in __init__
    self.party = Party(self.heroes)
  File "game/scripts/adventuring/party.rpy", line 36, in __init__
    self.update_ranks()
  File "game/scripts/adventuring/party.rpy", line 243, in update_ranks
    unit._rank = available_ranks.pop(0)
IndexError: pop from empty list

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
love a lot of the small things in the update. battles are a lot easier too, but not too easy either so imo it's at a good balance atm! i'm liking the skill upgrade system a fair bit, but kinda wish it was more reliant on XP or levels thus each character could upgrade independently instead of using a party shared resource. i am very glad about kazuma being kazuma now. i am a little disappointed that the crossover characters weren't curbed back in this overhaul. but meh, a parody game is still a parody. i just wanted the crossovers to be curbed for immersion reasons.

it slightly bugs me that megumin's age is still 18 (as mentioned in the guild when the party is drinking together, and yes i get that megumin needed to be aged up for BS SJW patreon reasons.) and the demon king is still alive despite this. mostly because it canonically doesn't make much sense. added to that with the town wall still being a wreak due to aqua's flooding, vanir working in wiz's shop, but kazuma's near exclamations of surprise at the cabbage raid event, kazuma's sword chunchunmaru being found rather than made... i can't quite figure out the timeline here. it's bugging me a fair bit and limiting my immersion even more than the crossovers... :(

and yet despite all the things bugging me i find that you're still doing doing a really good job with the character development aspects and keep getting sucked in before my immersion gets broken again. yes even with use(less) aqua! LOL

edit: i also hate to be that guy but... pastry is there any way you could add a particle effect off switch? my potato can barely run the battles. and some sex animations are quite laggy for me despite using the win32 version, game graphics settings set to low on both, and even SHIFT+G renpy graphical settings fuckery for 'optimization'. so i'm hoping that maybe a partical effect off switch could curb some of the lag with the battles at least... until i fork out the cash for a new potato. >_>

Last edited:

kumogekkou

Sep 3, 2018
2 things, encountered a bug where the "Fast forward" effect is stuck on the screen and I can't get rid of it. Saving/reloading does nothing.

I can't find the middle row right most girl or the bottom row leftmost. Can anyone help?

4.70 star(s) 37 Votes