[R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Adventures in Elysia: text based colonization and adventure game

Agitator

Sep 3, 2020
Project
Early stages, have an intro to the game, bunch of character descriptions, locations, and encounters.
Developer
Currently just me, I'm a writer but do basic UI stuff when I have to.
Looking for...
A writer and programmer. Both can be with any amount of experience. Programmer can use any engine of their choice, we can discuss that.
Revenue Type
Shared. Games still in development so obviously haven't gotten any revenue from it yet. We can talk about your share if that's important to you, just let me know. Open to any kind of arrangement.

Work Commitment
Part time, short term/long term. I have school so I'm gonna be working on this part time. How I imagine the game is there will be an over arching story but everything is up to the player, so they don't have to pursue that 'main' story. Therefore if you have a side story/side quest idea that you think will fit into this game but don't really want to commit more time after? That's perfectly fine, just talk about it with me and your ideas.
Method of Contact
Discord: KoopaTroopa#8378
Or send me a message on here
Job Description
Writer - Someone to work on both story and dialogue alongside me. This game being text based just means its very writing intensive so I just want help with that.
Programmer - Someone to create the basic ui, integrate the text, and get the mechanics of the game working

Game Details
The player is on a colony ship sailing to the newly discovered continent of Elysia when it is hit and sunk by a massive storm. While passed out, the player is contacted by the goddess of sex, fertility, and hedonism asking them to become their champion. The player can choose whether or not to pursue her agenda. From there its basically just about exploring this new world with a whole assortment of fantasy races and creatures. There will also be a system to grow the players initial camp into a settlement for others to join. The player can set laws that influence certain things that may benefit or harm the colony. Pregnancy will definitely be included in the game but a proper breeding system might be added in the future, but that a long term goal. Right now I just want to put a story out there but would love to bounce around ideas with you.

Last edited:

Padre Katyusha

I can't be called a woman cause I'm not hot enough
Uploader
Jun 4, 2019
Text-based? I could do it in a Ren'Py.
Payment is whatever for me, so I will gladly accept the offer.