Advice about renders - new developer

xxx3me

Jun 19, 2020
Hello everyone, I've been playing a lot of games/stories; I could name a few I enjoyed a lot like Good Girl Gone Bad, Acting Classes and Officer Chloe (good story, so bad it's in RPG Maker, really deserve a Ren'py remake), among others.

Now I decided to give a try and create my own interactive story. I'm working with Ren'py and Daz for renders. To be honest, I'm pretty confident about the story telling and 2D/Photoshop skills, but it's my first contact with 3D, so not very confident about my Daz results. My machine is kind of crappy (i3, 1050ti, 16GB RAM) and takes a long time to produce what I see as decent result. At now I have no more than 10 images, and it seems like a very slow advance.

This one took like 2 hours and a bit of experimentation/post processing with Photoshop. It's my planned female protagonist - the plot revolves around a motorcycle club. For more complex scenes I had to set very long render time (like 6 hours) with not much improvement.

chapter1_bg.jpg

My question for developers is: how is your rendering work progressing and do you think it is possible to carry out a project under the constraints that I seem to have (not so good machine)? Is this quality acceptable to have people's interests?

Thank you all!

• Love
Reactions: DrackDrap

Deleted member 986080

Kim Bora: "Somniaaaaaaaa!!!!"
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2018
Hey,

To decrease the render time, i use this asset
It decreases the textures size, so the "scene" will be lighter.

You can choose to decrease only a house, a jacket, a genesis model etc, it's fast to use and will make your "heavy size scenes" easy to render :)

For example i was rendering a battle scene (10 models/genesis 8 models) without the asset optimizer it was eating 24Gb/ ram, with the asset only 11/32 ^^

Oh and it took only 10 minutes to render instead of 45 minutes.

Hope it helps you.

(Nice render btw)

Reactions: Zippity and xxx3me

xxx3me

Jun 19, 2020
The heavier scene I tried to render (4 Genesis 8 characters, plus a kind of complex city street) and my PC froze, being restarted after 3 hours with absolutely no response :(

Definitely I'll try the plugin, thanks!