Daz Advice on using free DAZ assets

JamesBean

Nov 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I fear I've tapped the well of the majority of games that interest me so now I wish to create my own.

From my cursory research the easiest way for a beginner seems to be to use Renpy engine with Daz3d assets.

I've downloaded both and learned the scripting for Renpy. I already have the basic scenario so now my next step is to get all the assets together that I'll need for it.

Where I need the most advice is creating models, backgrounds, and poses in Daz3d. Since this is my first attempt at a game, and I don't plan to charge for it, I would like to use as many free assets as possible.

If anyone can direct me to a resource where I can acquire free assets (models, backgrounds, poses, etc.) and a resource/ video where I can learn to use, edit, and position them in Daz3d it would be very much appreciated! Any general tips, guidelines, advice, or suggestion of something you think I'm missing is also welcomed!

So you guys have a general idea of the kind of game I want to make, it will be one mainly focused on sleep sex, incest, corruption, and domination with a slice of romance. Where you get to sneak into the girls room at night, and do more pervy/ mischievous things during the day. My inspirations are Bad Bobby Saga, Midnight Paradise, Dreams of Desire, and the Awakening.

I also wish to use thick latin models with nice feet. Thanks for your help!

JamesBean

Nov 15, 2019
Are you seriously asking where to get DAZ assets while posting here?
Yea, and I'm also asking for advice on how to use and edit those assets/ general tips overall. A basic point in the right direction at least. Literally welcomed suggestions for anything I might've missed. I see there's a forum for assets on here, but doesn't mean it's the only place or the best. I'm new to creating games and this part of the site, so my bad for asking for help in the help section.

JamesBean

Nov 15, 2019
Maybe there's a starter pack or something of assets that includes the essential but basic backgrounds, poses, and models that are easiest to edit for beginners? Or just general knowledge I should know before I go further. I'm sure I'm missing more things people think are obvious.

JamesBean

Nov 15, 2019
Please Forgive watdapakisdis comment, the reason for their snark is, this is THEEE site to go to for free pirated assets
Wow, I'd feel silly for making the thread, but ultimately it steered me in the right direction because I don't think I would've realized that without this comment lmao. I've only strayed in the latest updates section of the site so far. That's good to know.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up! Now to learn the best way to implement them.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
no problem, and feel free to ask questions. You can either make a new post, or you can do what some users do, and just keep replying here in the hopes others will answer your quesiton. A good post may be this one, to see if you run into any similar questions as you get started.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
duuuude i was so obsessing going in search didnt even notice the assets category if i ever meet you irl ill tongue your ass, much better response than being snarky.
thanks, I'm just trying to support this awesome community any way I can

Reactions: Neero9

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
If you want to be legit you can be (SORTA). Without learning sculpting (a rabbithole of its own i intend to do someday). What you need are morph packs. Available at all the usual sources and there should be free ones out there. Or you can spend money and buy the cheapest ones with the most morphs in them from daz/renderosity etc. Now im going to tell you a secret 90% of the creators here dont use.
Once you have all your morphs installed etc.
Click on your character.. say G8 base female..
On the right click on "shaping"
Right lcick in there and find "show hidden" and enable that.
Between those and the basic parameters you can create wildly varied characters. And youll find that there are things that matter more than even reshaping the face etc through sculpting. The eyebrow shape/location etc is incredibly important as is the nose. You can take any character and RADICALLY change their look with that. Then coloring.. hair /eyes/skin.. freckles etc. Hair and eyebrow color matter a LOT. Eyes matter too. You could literally do just this and create characters most people would think you hand sculpted.

Reactions: Neero9