Advise for non-programmer

TwitTwat

Oct 11, 2017
Hi, I've been messing around with a tool called Aslave, a program made for designing Trainer games, it's not been updated in a decade and it has major issues with crashing but I've found it to be the easiest program to use that I've tried due to it's GUI, lack of complexity and templates, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on something that might work better, I can also upload Aslave if anyone would like to try it.

Reactions: Ghostload

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
If the program you're using hasn't been updated in a decade and it has major crashing issues, I'd say ditch it and try a different engine.
Apparently can do what you're looking for, and Unity has the addon, but I don't know how easy it is to use either of them.
There is of course the good old Renpy, which can absolutely do what you want.

Reactions: TwitTwat

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
It's such a niche genre I doubt there's much to be found. I'm used to seeing trainer/sims being cobbled together in either Flash or some esoteric engine that was never built for the task. The fact that someone even tried to make a tool for it surprises me.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
It's such a niche genre I doubt there's much to be found. I'm used to seeing trainer/sims being cobbled together in either Flash or some esoteric engine that was never built for the task. The fact that someone even tried to make a tool for it surprises me.
I'm absolutely certain that there was a Java based "build your own slave trainer" game kit bouncing around on 4chan /v/stg/ within the past 12 months. inspired by jack of 9 tails but apparently customisable with your own character parameters, scripts and images. the genre is not really my interest so I didn't look at it. No idea if it was working well or was just one btard's personal project. perhaps OP can lurk STG for a bit and see what can be found.

Reactions: TwitTwat

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I also suggest renpy as the easier option. Of course godot is the more powerful engine, but since often trainer games rely heavily on dialogue, renpy would be faster to develope this kind of game on.