Advise me on a theme for a new game. Insects or ayakashi (spirits)?

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Hi. Recently, I've made some code for a new arcade-type hentai game. The core is pretty simple: the girl is attacked by some small creatures and the player is eliminating them.

Initially, I thought that I'll make a game about mosquitoes. Why mosquitos? I just like an old PS2 game called Mister Mosquito. Also, it is very natural for mosquitoes to "attack" a person and they are small.
maxresdefault (1).jpg ss_084e9861a5486a8658b1cb3496c59137ddfc4fd9.1920x1080.jpg

But then I searched a lot of sources and found Ayakashi Triangle - manga about traditional Japanese spirits. And I think some of those ayakashi looks cute and small enough to place on a girl's body:
__kazamaki_matsuri_ayakashi_triangle_drawn_by_d_2_artist__sample-785a8236b300893f3445a329a4c9d...jpg Zb-zKZfnC0w.jpg 46602727_p9_master1200.jpg
Obviously, ayakashi much more appealing than mosquitos, flies, bugs because of our in-born sense of disgust toward insects. On the other hand, it is not natural for them to attack people.

What do you think, which one of those themes is better? Or you can suggest something different?

Jorahzon

Nov 4, 2020
Oh please no insects. Nothing is more turn off than bugs. Does anyone get off from seeing bugs? Maybe theres a fetish out there some where. Bugomania? But even if its to watch the girl go eww, bugs are still a no no. It kills the mood for me. Japanese spirits seems to be a better choice.

Reactions: Girm Ork

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Thanks! I am not sure about "eeewww" reaction. Of course, it is funnier. But it also can be boring in the long run.
If the girl is doing some everyday activities like sleeping or having tea (or even having sex), then we have more variety.

Anyway, I've added ayakashi to the prototype:
Ayakashi.JPG

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
ayakashi prototype looks very fitting stylistically.

this whole thing made me think of making a spider groping simulator. like the player raising increasingly bigger and more disgusting spiders to grope helpless girls bound down in a mad scientist lab. big hairy pulsating spider bodies, girls going eeeeew in panties only. go max on the phobia.

there's nothing in the world I hate more than spiders, but just the thought of how much this is creeping me out is making me laugh so much. I can barely think about it. :ROFLMAO:

limited audience for sure.

Reactions: Girm Ork

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
there's nothing in the world I hate more than spiders
I hope you are not from Australia, lol.
Yeah, spiders are more disgusting than mosquitos or flies. But for me, scolopendras and larvae are the worst.

girls going eeeeew in panties only
I am planing a standard stripping progression. At first, the player needs to play with a dressed girl, then with a girl in her underwear, and finally with a naked one.