• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM - Completed - Age of Ashes: Hunnic Girl In Divided Roman Empire [Final] [Morning Explosion]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Slack00

So you're here interested in this game because it's different: It's got unique, original art, an actual plot, a plot revolving around something interesting (historical fiction, hey!)...

Sorry to disappoint, but this game is a pass. I wasted 12 hours of my life on this, but you should not. You should trust the other reviews: the translation on this game RUINS it. You quickly discover that the game is heavily leaning on the story to carry this game (because the h-scenes are infrequent and mostly only happen with defeat scenes)...and yet the translation is SOOO poor that it just can't carry a game with sparse fappable content. A true disappointment for such a unique title.

Don't want to listen to me? OK, I'll keep going. ASIDE from the horrible translation...the story is interesting because it's historical, but the emotions and writing are at times really cringe. You know, where they use a whole paragraph or two with just onomatopieas (in a strange foreign way): "Hruk hurk......waahhh.......ugh.......nononono!....hruk...." and the MC does a lot of crying and whining. Do you like crying and whining?

90% of the game is text, punctuated by a few RPGM scenes where you can move your character (though without any real freedom of choice, because there's a single exit point) and fight some foes. Battle isn't that difficult, even on the Hard setting, so no real challenge there.

In the end, this is a game whose premise (historical fiction, barbaric rape scenes, unique art) is really let down by the poorest of translations and probably not enough H content. My recommendation is: hard pass.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sohwaman

Good Game. Can't Wait For Next History Game.
    It's Super Tragic, So People Who Like Tragic Will Like This Game.

Next Game Looks As Ancient Carthage In B.C 2 Century.
    It's a Series of Hentai Game That Theme of Ancient~Medieval History

I Can't Wait For The Next Game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

philtwo

The only "gameplay" in this game is walking around every now and then. the artwork is enjoyable. story is ok. you have to lose on purpose even on hard difficulty most of the time to actually see scenes. the translation is so bad that it seems like it's either MTL or purposefully translated wrong and turns into an absolute chore to read. can expect ~45 minutes of "gameplay" per chapter.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

lemongrabb

Someone wrote in a review that the terrible translation ruins completely the game, and I totally agree. I wouldn't say that the art in this game is either good or bad, it's quite unique and that's a plus. But unfortunately, that's the only plus I can think of. Absolutely ridiculous translation destroys the story. Primitive game "mechanics" are limited to moving (from time to time, cause most of the time there is a cut scene) and pressing a single key. The same goes for combat. I can see that the author had some imagination, but this game is shit anyway.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

cheebugre

actually really good. the art is actually pretty appealing once you get used to it, the story is surprisingly very gripping and emotional at times, and the history is pretty accurate from what im getting. translation may not be that refined but its certainly better than some mtl ive seen before. all in all a pleasant surprise 10/10
  6. 4.00 star(s)

King3312

this game is really good from story to develop character, what wrong with the reviewer. 'cant skip', you can use ctrl to skip. the translation is not that bad though. game have some bug but still acceptable
  7. 1.00 star(s)

k2ren

the untolerable english makes this 1/5. there is a lot of writing, you can expect how dumb it is when the english is WORSE THAN USUAL MTL TRANSLATIONS... it has typos in it, lot of stuff is barely understandable, some stuff is not understandable at all. reading through all that is a pain.

so your only choices is downloading the gallery full save. which is included... the funny part... gallery is bugged as well. if you see a scene it will have the last art glued to the screen so you dont see anything... until you can talk to someone again and quit so the scene resets. how is this "completed" is beyond me. the english is so bad, i know i already said it but it needs to be emphasized how garbage it is.

art... well you can see for yourself, it's not bad imo, animation is a bit rough and mediocre... but the story is as dumb as the english is for no surprise. if the dev was "smart" he could translate it with better english but ofc he is not "smart" if you know what i mean.

redeeming qualities... well some scenes are voiced, there are lots of sounds... that's it...

but again, engine is shit, game is much slower than usual rpgm games, skip function is half-bugged as well, you can only hold ctrl for skip if you start to hold it before the message finishes. (so best is to press enter then fast try to hold skip). this game is just garbage. 2 critical bugs like that in 5min of playing and with this level of english i dont recommend this game to anyone. hence the 1/5 rating.

who cares about the art and anything really when the english makes it unplayable. you will definitely not have a good experience.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Redyqar

Good art weighed down by an old engine and its poor implementation.
    While art is pleasant journey to that art is not. older engine means no holding down "enter" to skip cutscenes (and there is a lot of slow walking to the edge of the screen). It also means less depth gameplay wise, walk around press enter and fight, that's it.
    History is another weird moment. On one hand if you are into period i guess it is nice, but as someone who doesn't really care it felt like waste of my time.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Coomer4571

ho baby I have been waiting for this ever since I took a peek at this game at pixiv

a few point of
    1)the english translation is bad, it's on the level you would sometime be confused but you are still able to follow the overall story
    2) this game is not your standard RPG more like a VN with sprinkled action set pieces around so yea there is a LOT of reading and with the current almost broken translation this would be a doozy
    3) a lot of ryona stuff and insinuated guro so if you don't like those stuff then this is not for you

now the good stuff:
    1) interesting story and setting for an H-game
    2) battle are simple to do (use bow when far and use skill to back away from the enemy, rinse and repeat) except 2 bosses near the end of the game
    3) a unique art style and animated (albiet a 1-2 frames animation)

basically the game story and setting and the gameplay is serviceable at best but what bringing it down is the bad English translation and what's worst is this is an official translation from the dev themselves...

the playtime is about 4-5 hours from start to finish, I hope their next game have better translation
  10. 2.00 star(s)

AnisNIK

Meh, art is very rough, thought it might has other strengths but not really. Story takes way too long, barely any free roam at all, you control your character either during very brief moments in cities or during combat sequences and there you only run into the next enemy, that's it.
    Combat is also not very elaborate. They're far away you shoot them with your bow, they're close you fight them with sword and shield.
    Overall a very boring experience for the most part.
    I give the game one single star more because its a creative idea I suppose.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Tempering

This game is exellent! The artstyle is really unique, the gameplay is varied and unique aswell. The cultured content is varied too....I'm repeating myself, but this game is awesome, it should be more wellknown. IF you don't like hardcore themes (h and nonh), don't play this.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

BloodX66

Love this unique art. Well worth it, in my honest opinion. The setting is great and took to its fullest here, more than any other if played which took place in the same time plscement. The scenes are good, the character is great. Much appreciated.