Ren'Py - Alena's New Life [v0.7.5] [Jinnxx Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Ragnum

The game is starting to have quite some content now and seriously hot D/s content.

There's two major paths based on a dialog choice and you basically get a completely different game depending on what you chose.

Main path you end up with the main character in a variety of different roles, the sub path you end up with a completely subby main character.

Since I enjoy subby protagonists the sub path is my favorite and my review is mostly based on it.

There's still some issues with the game, it is not as easy as some other games to know how to unlock the next scene due to the freeform nature. Also, getting energy/money is difficult on the sub path as the cafeteria is more annoying to access (as of 0.7.5) a bit into the path. But currently there is no downside to resting many days in your room to recover energy, so while the gameplay loop is somewhat broken it doesn't prevent access to any scenes.

There's also watersports content now (missing tag but is totally optional / easily avoided).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bimup006

One of the best VN game out there. The game is really wisely when with the opening for players to choose which path they want the protagonist to go to. Hope the game get updated frequently and please do not abandoned the game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ghostfishman

The game has all you want in an adult game.... plenty of hardcore sex, hot chics and a good story. I also like the animation. I look forward to every up-date. which are not that far apart. That being said its definitely worth a play. What have you got to lose.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

B1aphemous

At first glance of the sample pictures I didn't think much of the character models/faces but the simplicity of it all and the colour palette really grew on me.

This isn't the first version I've played, and have been following development for some time now. The developer really has added a lot of content since I first gave the game a shot and seems to be churning out pretty substantial updates on a regular basis.

There are a few different paths as far as story goes, I can't honestly say I've explored them all because I dig the corrupting/humiliating the MC paths too much.

A few questionable language choices do arise, its no literary masterpiece but I do enjoy the general direction of the story.

Looking forward to see what's next.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

ZeR0Gsod

Very good beginning, but lack of content, not obvious quest system (you can't understand if there is any more content or not), quite a lot of bugs. Interesting dialogs and plot in general. Looking forward for what is coming and how this slut can be more humilated and used.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

LittleSisterLover

This is on version 0.6.0.

I am...not entirely confident the author speaks English. It is rough, and even the perfectly serviceable parts are full of typos.

With that said, there are a few things I want to highlight about this game.

Firstly, this is largely just a "corruption" game. Nonsensically so, actually. The majority of the dialogue is not something a person could actually think or state, it is completely shallow and makes every character feel as though they suffer from brain damage. It makes an incredibly poor "corruption" game for that reason, as there's really not much to get corrupted, along with the fact that every single character is already either extremely promiscuous or an outright slut from the very beginning of the game.

To be fair, there are some routes for both domination and submission, so the content does vary... However, and maybe this is just a limitation of the currently available routes, a lot of the content...doesn't have this. It's just...your usual dumb protagonist rape deal. That's absolutely terrible, because you end up with a bipolar protagonist - one who is extremely sadistic in one scene, and extremely masochistic in the next. It completely disregards any notion of consistency or player choice.

There are choices to define the game outside the direct "corruption", but these feel very limited - something I attribute mostly to the braindead dialogue. As well, of those "choices", several of them are overwritten in the "you choose not to do something but the character does it anyway" kind of deal.

The game contains a lot of bugs, such as being able to pay for and use the phone without going through the SIM card quest. Stuff that really does actually just break the game's content.

Lastly, another part I want to mention is the Patreon-pushing. I have no issue with developers directing players to support them, and this game on the surface does this primarily by locking cheats and advance releases behind it, both of which are totally fair in my book. What it doesn't tell you is that many scenes in the game are also locked in this way, so if you just download and play from this page you'll be missing content. Of course, it's a Ren'Py game, so it's incredibly easy to decompile and bypass this. It's a tad deceptive, and I have trouble giving the benefit of the doubt to a game I'm less-than-impressed by.

Overall, the game does have some good scenes in it, but it's not enough to redeem the other elements when the writing alone is enough to destroy the experience.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

HentaiGeheBoiz

This game has patreon locked content and nowhere its said that, but even worse are unfinished part that have 0 warnings ending with nothing.

Now about models of the game. Just look at those soulless eyes. Just horrifying. Model looks bearable untill you look at faces.

TLDR: Patreon content locked. Basically a demo. Models faces are just horrifying.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Kane0ne

I like the texture and the game make lot of fun,
    it has a lot of potential, I hope the interactive function will be expanded further,more hetero parts would be nice, I'm curious what will happen in the future.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Tinstaafl

The game offers Patreon supporters early access to new versions, which is very much alright.

The game also blocks some special scenes and probably whole paths in its public version, which is a controversial choice, and leads to the question, if it is really a public version or just a public demo.

Even though the thread here is run by the game's dev, those limitations are not listed in its description (though they are listed on its itch.io site), which makes it a bit nasty and for some of us a wasted download.

Finally, and that's the reason for the 1 star rating, the WIP choices are not even disabled in the public version, but instead being still selectable they lead to dead screens quite a few clicks later, which is utterly incompetent or nasty IMO.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

HadesAl

I'm still in my first playthrough, and I'm loving the game. It's a female protagonist (mostly) lesbian game with some straight sex options. It has some amazing bdsm scenes. Overall, it's quite enjoyable and the game mechanics are very friendly.

if you're hesitant to play cause the models look odd in the cover pictures, they're actually quite easy on the eyes once you start, and the game is definitely worth playing.

I did run into a big bug tho, i'll report that separately