VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Alexandra [v1.0] [PTOLEMY]

1. 5.00 star(s)

NightOwl71

Give this VN a shot or you will miss one of the very few great stories around F95. I absolutely love the characters and world Ptolemy has created for Alexandra, which is in my current Top 10, and cannot share the criticism voiced on her treatment of the MC. Actually, I find "Puppy" quite endearing especially given its stark contrast to the MC's initial violent background and overall mafia/mobster setting.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

WindIsHowling

Game is okay, and the writing and dialogue isn't too bad at times. Sometimes though the dialogue is unbearable. The "Puppy" thing is horrific, and how the Boris guy doesn't audibly say "What the fuck" when the MC is being called that or cuddling his daughter during their family time is just mind blowing. Clearly a game written by someone who's never been in a real relationship.

Don't even get me started on this guy "seeing red" and inexplicably killing everyone. That's possibly the most stupid element in the entire game which is saying something, thank god the dev seems to have realised this and reigned it in as the story has gone on.

The less said about the pacing the better. The story never really has a huge amount of focus and the NSFW parts appear at strange times.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

r_o_u_k

Version 0.45.

Here is a really compelling story, which make the kinetic aspect of this game totally enjoyable, even if, as other reviewers have rightly so mentioned, MC is a bit passive. Almost like a silent protagonist. I liked that, even if that's clear that a lot of other players won't. There are almost no gratuitous sex scenes, so that when sex occurs, it blends well in the story.

On a purely technical point, this game offers a clean but somewhat generic realization. This feeling is reinforced by locations assets that have been already seen in almost all other games I've played here. ("The Shop", I'm looking at you! ;) )
    Fortunately, the models have been tweaked enough so that they immediately remind us of other games. (Well, that could be rather fun too, it's like when we see an actor famous for a given role in another movie.)
    The user experience is nice, with some average-plus tiered renders and a rather minimalist interface.

Overall, i'd rate this game at about 4+, but since a lot of other reviews are rather severe with it, 5 stars it is.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

tonny

The best part of this game is the story I think, love how the Dev mixed in all that violence and people getting killed hehe :) and the choices you get in the game, all have a meaning and impact, it's just great!! But also the animations and renders look really nice.
    Can't really say anything bad about the game, so give it a try, if you dont mind a little violence.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

DasKapitan

This is one of the most boring games on the site... And yet it's got 4.5 stars from 20+ reviews, which truly baffles me.

Somehow it took an interesting premise and sent it ... absolutely nowhere. The main character has no ambition, no charisma and no sex drive. People just talk at him and he occasionally gives the expected response , then they talk at him some more, tell him to do something, and he does it. He doesn't seem to care; they don't seem to care; and I certainly don't care.

The dude's supposed to be some kind of psycho killer who ran away to a new town, and the game even gives you the option to murder people... But it's all utterly meaningless, you just get dumped back to the main menu. There are no stakes. No consequences. No commentary or epilogue. You just get to load a save and make the other choice.

You're constantly introduced to new characters who could be interesting, but never are. They're just more shapes to plod around with and occasionally take orders from. Girls flirt with you; you respond like either a statue or a chat-bot. The love interest isn't lovely or interesting, but her friend Isabella might have had some potential in a story that wasn't so myopic.

The renders are passable. Competently posed but boringly lit, with no real character or atmosphere to make them stand out from the crowd. There weren't really any sex scenes in the two hours that I played (one couple fucking, who you interrupt), but don't mistake this one for a 'slow burn'. There's no burn here, it's just cold and lifeless drudgery.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

troll822

A very good game, with funny, interesting story and great graphics. It is of adequate length and updated regularly. There's a lot of girls to play around.
    It is one of those games that have a nice, chill feel to them without depressive stuff so far.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Darkmetal

[V 0.35 Windows]

Make no mistake about it. You the player do not control the MC, Alexandra does.

Initially, I enjoyed this game but felt increasingly irritated at it progressed. The MC becomes a complete lap-dog (sorry, I meant "puppy") to Alexandra and her lesbian lover. She will yank him from job to job ( a large chunk of it as her chauffeur), tell him what to do, tell him exactly how far he can go and what ultimatums there are, place her uncle as his adviser and her cousin his 2-i-c, she even picks out the MC's clothes for him. The MC is at her beck and call and will do it all without a murmur "because of a dream" he had.

I suppose if being a complete sub is your kink, this is a good game to play. Me, I felt like I was being suffocated.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Ceesko

A game with no choices but no kinetic tag.... You play as an ultra angry protagonist with no honour or self esteem what so ever otherwise he would not allow himself to be treated like dirt by a spoilt rich girl. The game has no choices... I repeat no choices, the only choices available are basically quick exit to main menu type of choices ( choices which ends your game if you deviate from the script). How a game like this got this high rating is still a befuddlement to me.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

DarkSithLord47

as much as i liked this game in the start with the great story and an mc that's not a total wimp with each update it get's more frustrating to play and see such a strong and powerful person being a door mat to a self-centered brat which you can have a relationship with only if you include her psychotic girlfriend.From the two lesbians you only get blue balls and hardcore teasing without having an option to tell them or at least one to hit the road.The side girls in this game are far more likable then the main one/s
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

(v0.25)

The game would be great if we were given some significant control over the player character. Unfortunately, the only major choices we can
    make that affect the overall plot are ones that lead to game over screens. The rest are about how many optional girls you want to bang on the side.

The player character is a man with severe anger management issues who falls for a spoiled rich girl that treats him like a dog. She even refers to you as her puppy, as she strings both you and her girlfriend along. I suspect that Alexandra was intended to be likeable, but the writing is so bad that she just comes across as a self-centred brat. Which wouldn't be a problem is we weren't forced to act like her personal bootlicker all the time.

The parts of the game I enjoyed were the side characters (who are underdeveloped and have very few scenes) and the relationship between the main character and Isabella (which was severely hampered by a lack of player choice). I guess it would be an enjoyable game if you liked Alexandra, but I don't see the appeal in being treated like a pet by someone who clearly doesn't respect you.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

brouk

Powerfull and growing story with nice and strong characters. Even in version 0.2 have promising content.
    Story 10/10
    Animace 8/10
    Characters 10/10
    Sex 7/10

I count this game on my pesronal TOP 10
  12. 5.00 star(s)

smokebox

I am really liking the story so far, the internal conflict of the MC trying to balance his inner darkness, the way character development is handled is really amazing, especially with Izzy,but also MC and Alex, another amazing thing is the relashionship beteween them three, for me Alex and Izzy are more than enough, sure there is more fish on the ocean, but none compare to the chemistry and cumplicity shared between thoose three, the three are perfect together Alex is the head,Mc is the Muscle, and Izzy is the heart,one complete the other, and you also have the super cool mafia plot in the mix ,add the mystery of what cause the mc inner darkness and you are in for a treat
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Belgram

Excellent game. I like it very much. Grafic is like i like it. The Story is evolving with every update and its interessting and exciting. There are no storystops, parts where nothing happens exept long conversations, everything fits perfectly together
  14. 5.00 star(s)

ALskruffbucket

Really liked this game. The story is interesting. I like the combination of underworld lifestyle with interactions MC and Alexandra have. Not a whole lot of choices, but does not impact play. Highly recommend.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1044747

A missed opportunity (spoilers ahead)

I initially disliked the MC with a passion for his revolting character (anger management issues, beating someone up for no apparent reason and leaving him behind to die).
    Whelp. At least he's one of the better looking MCs out there.

As he started to work for his new boss and embrace the life of a criminal I kind of warmed up with him like I do when playing a bad guy in GTA.
    The MC is send on a mission to return some stolen money and we get to decide to act either reasonable or ruthless.
    I have to admit that at this point I had the most fun with Alexandra - and if it had continued that way, it would have been great.

However, the fun didn't last long because apparently the dev had different ideas about the direction of this VN.

After this mission the story declines into a meandering stream of vanities:
    Talking, driving, meeting people, talking, doing a bit of small time fraud, catching some kids, serving some drinks to our boss, waiting, talking, nursing Izzy's mom, talking, buying clothes, talking…
    It got so boring that I couldn’t even make it to the end of the current version.
    On top of that the player gets punished on several occasions for acting ruthless (and I'm not talking about bad outcomes - I'm talking about "game over").

Also, don't get me started on the plausibility of the story, like Izzy trying to kill the MC with a kitchen knife, then having a change of mind, settling the argument and - to make up for almost killing him - gifting him a giant teddy bear (!).
    Or the fact that every darn place the MC visits (library, gym, garage, shooting range) is run by a beautiful girl, which quickly gets implausible - especially the shooting instructor looks like she had never touched a gun before.

It's too bad because this VN could have turned into something great - an engaging (Godfather, Mafia, GTA or Sin City style) sex & crime story, but in the end you get none of it.
    There are tons of girls, but other than a bit of corny talking, peeking and kissing nothing ever happens with them - and instead of crime & gore there's again mostly soporific talking and a bit of small-crook "action".

In short: A drawn-out crime soap lacking suspense, lewd scenes and choices.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Guy Guyminheimer

Ptolemy is the master of well-written polyamorous relationships. Being with both Alex and Izzy in a loving trio is the good wholesome stuff I need from a game, and even though Alex is obviously the main character's focus, I almost love Izzy more and admire the ability of her and the main character to progress out of deeply understanding each other. Really looking forward to updates.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Only4You

There's not much to say - just that it's one of the best games on F95Zone. Strong characters and amazing storytelling - this is a game for those who want real immersion in an adult game. Every scene is designed with great care, not one of the story elements felt out of place or unjustified. The pacing is as it should be. It never felt slow or rushed. PTOLEMY is an amazing developer.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

kk0566

Very nice game.. impressive.. after playing tons of games, this is one of the best story lines.. nice chemistry.. slow and steady building things.. but with / after latest update, it is taking a turn more like 'acting lessons' where one of the female leads die chaning the course of the game.. I hope the story remains at the peak where it is at present.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game (V0.70) is:

Pros:
    -Great Renders
    -lots of different scenes
    -Long Game Play

Cons:
    -Boring Story

there is nothing to say about PTOLEMY....
    The Man knows his Renders and also knows how to make a good Story out of it.
    But compared to Dana the Story is getting boring,at least there where different Partners,but up to this latest release, the MC keeps screwing the same People over and Over.
    Wish the story was as good as Dana, that story rocked.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Alfius

Wow!

I love this game so much. This is the first game that I actually like the MC.
    He's not a sleaze ball that want's to sleep with everything that moves.

The main love interest is so awesome.

This is the first game where I just want to go for the main girl and do not want to go for the threesome, but I feel so guilty letting the friend go, I just can not bring myself to do it.

Graphics are very good. The last sexy scene was a bit dark for my taste, but still good. Facial expressions of the characters was so good.

This game deserves more love.