VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Alexa's Wild Night [BurstRay Games & StudioX]

1. 4.00 star(s)

BernardMarxAP

The art style can be a little off-putting at first, mostly when it's just accompanying the text. Can't quite put my finger on why. However, the actual scenes look really good.

There are 14 different endings which is good because if you're like me and are a bit of a completionist. There are a lot of choices and is reasonably intuitive as to what direction they lead the story without it being blatantly obvious. Definitely has good replay value even if it does feel like they could have done more with it.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Completed...

Originally Reviewed on 12/19/2017

Well this visual novel/game was disappointingly short... I thought it was going to be a lengthy and entertaining story, but it wasn't meant to be...

The visuals are an artistic 2D style that was kind of like a cross between Japanese anime and more realistic western animation style... The backdrops were all very unique and fit well with the characters stylization...

The script started off really strong with a lot of character development and I was enjoying how it appeared the plot was progressing... It felt at first like it was going to be a fun story about the life of a female protagonist, but in the end it was more like a quick dating sim with sex at the end... Depending on the choices you make, you will eventually get to an erotic encounter of one form or another after which you get a message as to what end you've achieved and that is it... I was rather disappointed that this VN started out very good and ended on such a quick note... It was a jaded experience since the story seemed to start off so strong but ended very quickly with a whimper... Because of that, this really isn't much in the way of a visual novel then it is a sex game, to see how many sex endings you can get to through multiple play throughs...

Overall, i was enjoying this VN from the beginning, as it showed a lot of promise for a deep and entertaining story, but ended up being just a short dating/sex sim style game that ended very abruptly after a quick sex encounter... So disappointing to have such a great beginning and end so quickly... Now, because of the style of this VN, I'll assume it is meant to be played multiple times selecting different choices to achieve each end, but that doesn't make for a good erotic visual novel, but instead just makes it a sex game with some dialogue/monologue...