3.70 star(s) 22 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
1600banner.png

Overview:
You are a programmer who's recently lost his job. You've done well for yourself, so this is the perfect time to finally move on from your breakup three years ago. Lately you've been just coasting through life, with only your best friend Freddie to keep you afloat. Everything changes when you meet Nikki, the aspiring photographer, and her childhood friend Erin. And then there's Mary - the seemingly innocent barista who has a long-harbored crush. Meanwhile Erin's troubled ex boyfriend threatens not just her, but everyone around her - even you. What path you take is up to you.
Will you just get by, just happy to live? Or will you finally.... be Alive?​

Thread Updated: 2023-04-28
Release Date: 2023-04-28
Developer: CSkin Games - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0 Final
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux:
TORRENT - - - - -
Mac:
TORRENT - - - - -
Android (v0.6): - - - -
v0.6 Patch only: - - - -

Extras: Italian Translation* - Walkthrough Mod* - Gallery Unlocker Mod *

whistlertwo thanks for the link
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

fridas20.png fridasday2_1.png gabypredog1.png tonyadeep.png beachstart4.png EdAnJj.png tonyaphone.png tonyaphone2.png clubdaythree28.png d4tonyafinetell2.png nikkiinside16.png staceycall.png

Last edited by a moderator:

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021

It's very limited and barely meets the definition right now.... but fuck me, it's one of those things I'm into personally, so expect that particular one to uh... expand as time goes on.

Note: This release is pretty short - shorter than I originally intended, but that's ok it's a decent "Lets put something out there". I've already written the script for the next chapter, so It'll just be about 2-3 months of rendering (and hopefully my skills at that improve over the next couple of months). In total this story has 8 chapters, each one will likely take between 2-4 months to develop, so I'm in this for a long haul.

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
It's very limited and barely meets the definition right now.... but fuck me, it's one of those things I'm into personally, so expect that particular one to uh... expand as time goes on.

Note: This release is pretty short - shorter than I originally intended, but that's ok it's a decent "Lets put something out there". I've already written the script for the next chapter, so It'll just be about 2-3 months of rendering (and hopefully my skills at that improve over the next couple of months). In total this story has 8 chapters, each one will likely take between 2-4 months to develop, so I'm in this for a long haul.
no worries! it's first release after all! good to know dev have a good taste :KEK:

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Except for the minigames, man do i hate that shit. Hoping we get a mod or the dev allows us to skip them, not a fan of having to smash keys on my keyboard to win a minigame.

You can already skip them. (Hint: If you choose to take a shower first, you then can skip the minigame if you really hate it). A note: The minigames WILL affect the story, but it's not going to be in "terrible ending" territory if you skip it entirely, you'd need to make quite a few bad choices along the way in addition to that.

Basically, Showering is always required, so you don't get the option to progress until afterwards, but once you have minigames are skippable.

A note on minigames - I've toyed with the idea of adding a few more varied ones, but, as these, they'll always be optional. I may end up adding a way to skip them WITHOUT affecting the story, because I know some people really do hate them, but for now I've just left a way to skip them available, and I'll consider the future of it later on.

Last edited:

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I read minigame in options, i am out. useless crap....
Thats totally fair, some people hate them and you're entitled to that opinion - just keep in mind, while I will continue to include minigames, they will never be forced, and will always be optional and skippable. I personally like them, so I have no interest in cutting them entirely, but they also won't be forced, and will always be optional. That said I get that some ppl hate them with a passion, so it's totally fair.

Reactions: MD27

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018
Hey Noping123, congratulations on getting a game going and thanks for sharing it. Unfortunately for me I stopped playing at the mini-games. As people age, playing quick-click minigames is not an option, fingers just don't work as well as you get older, hopefully you won't get personal experience with that for a long time, but for some of us clicking quick is impossible unless you can use the mouse and spacebar at the same time. Good luck with your game.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Hey Noping123, congratulations on getting a game going and thanks for sharing it. Unfortunately for me I stopped playing at the mini-games. As people age, playing quick-click minigames is not an option, fingers just don't work as well as you get older, hopefully you won't get personal experience with that for a long time, but for some of us clicking quick is impossible unless you can use the mouse and spacebar at the same time. Good luck with your game.
The minigames are clickable, or you can use the keyboard, or both. Or as mentioned, they can be skipped entirely. Thanks for the encouragement though.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Eh, it was alright. Freddy was pretty cool and seems like a good friend. But everything after that, just didn't like sorry.

Like others, can't stand minigames. Should of been put in the tag spoiler so people weren't "tricked" into playing the game and then finding out that minigames are there afterwards and getting upset (like as obvious from the comments above). If they were completely skippable and optional, without affecting the story, I wouldn't have an issue. But they aren't.

As well, why all the forced stuff without choices? That's my biggest pet peeve about these games. Hated that we were forced to have sex with the "town bicycle" girl (Gaby). No chance to say no, just forced to take her home and have sex with her and go where every man has gone before. Just no. I don't want to sleep with the town slut. Then you find out the cute barista has a crush on you and I'm like, oh this could be nice, but no. Instead we are forced to ask random coffee girl on a date. Just why? Why force everything?

Otherwise, dialogues were fine, renders were decent, audio fine, just those issues above. Sorry but all this forcing things without choice and the minigames make this a definite no go for me. Still wish you the best with your game, but it's just not my cup of tea. :)

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Eh, it was alright. Freddy was pretty cool and seems like a good friend. But everything after that, just didn't like sorry.

Like others, can't stand minigames. Should of been put in the tag spoiler so people weren't "tricked" into playing the game and then finding out that minigames are there afterwards and getting upset (like as obvious from the comments above). If they were completely skippable and optional, without affecting the story, I wouldn't have an issue. But they aren't.

As well, why all the forced stuff without choices? That's my biggest pet peeve about these games. Hated that we were forced to have sex with the "town bicycle" girl (Gaby). No chance to say no, just forced to take her home and have sex with her and go where every man has gone before. Just no. I don't want to sleep with the town slut. Then you find out the cute barista has a crush on you and I'm like, oh this could be nice, but no. Instead we are forced to ask random coffee girl on a date. Just why? Why force everything?

Otherwise, dialogues were fine, renders were decent, audio fine, just those issues above. Sorry but all this forcing things without choice and the minigames make this a definite no go for me. Still wish you the best with your game, but it's just not my cup of tea. :)

Fair criticisms. It certainly was not my intention to "trick" anyone, which is why I did make them skippable. (minigames). I apologize to those who dislike it. The choices (forced and not) make more sense in context with the larger story. Suffice to say the "choices" you would like or expect, they do come around later, but not this early. This was more of a really basic introduction than anything else. I will give a (small) spoiler - initially I was going to wait and release CH1+2 at the same time, I decided to break it up into single chapter releases. In Ch2 is where you get to make the first decision whether or not you wish to pursue Mary, but this early on, no not yet.

I am definitely already considering an option to have minigame NOT affect the story (since they're already skippable) - I underestimated how much ppl hate them lol. I definitely will NOT be removing them though. They'll always be skippable, but I may change how they affect the story (so they don't). As far as "forced choices" go - that will happen sometimes in this game. The more it progresses, the more divergent the paths become, and the more your choices matter, but the first 2 chapters are fairly linear - the majority of the choices you make now matter later on, but aren't apparent yet.

I totally understand that won't be for everyone, and hey if it's not for you, that's ok. I appreciate you giving it the time anyway.

3.70 star(s) 22 Votes