HTML Almost Starts [CYOA][Development Thread]

BLucy

Mar 30, 2020
AS BANNER 1.png
∘₊✧───.   · ˚ ✧。・:*˚:✧。¸.*☆*.¸ALMOST STARS¸.*☆*.¸。✧:˚*:・。✧ ˚ ·   .───✧₊∘

Welcome to the New Era!
"NE" for shorts

Or better yet, welcome to "Almost Stars".

* . °•★|•°∵THE START∵°•|☆•° . *

The New Era city of Buenos Aires, peak of civilization and model for the rest of NE cities, hosts some of the brightests minds of our future: Tacho, Jazmin, Thiago, Mar and Rama pursue their own futures inside the walled city surrounded by the variety of exemplar characters that such place attracts and the plethora of opportunities offered by the NE organization, where every little misshap, every unfortunate accident is fixed seamless for the comfort and convenience of its citizens.

* . °•★|•°∵THE CHARACTERS∵°•|☆•° . *
proxy-image (2).jpg

"THIAGO"

Thiago Bravo Lanzani, 19 yo. Natural leader, intelligent, curious, resentful.

Thiago comes from a middle class family from Buenos Aires. His talents and grades earned him a place to study in New York, but while he was away his parents were killed by savages in an attack to the reinsertion center they worked in. Thiago continued his studies in New York until last year when he went back to Buenos Aires to pursue higher education in politics.

>Brave, determined and curious, with a little push in the right direction will become a great leader for the New Era goverment.

''Affinities'': Marianella, music, philosophy.

proxy-image.jpg

"MAR"

Marianella Molina Prado Rojo, 19 yo. Intuitive, brave, creative, impulsive.

Mar comes from a rich family from Buenos Aires. When her parents were killed in an attack from the outside savages she moved to live in the NE installationts, where she's currently studying to become a fashion designer.

>Her intuition is one of her best assets, could prove very useful when focus on the right things.

''Affinities'': Thiago, vehicles, boxing.

proxy-image (18)cropped1.jpg

"RAMA"

Ramiro García Aguirre, 21 yo. Sensible, intelligent, patient, indecesive.

Rama's mother died when he was born and his father is a special agent for the organization and thus was able to provide for him, but he hasn't been present much in his life. He has studied literature and philosophy and has recently arrived to the NE's installations in Buenos Aires to study his master's degree. He will be teaching in order to pay for it in addition to his scholarship.

The New Era needs brilliant minds like his, at least when focused.

''Affinities'': Valeria, literature, Alelí.

proxy-image (1).jpg

"JAZ"

Jazmin Rodríguez Alarico, 20 yo. Perceptive, brave, determined, distristful.

She was born from a savages couple but fortunately was rescued and reintegrated into society. She is a fashion designer and has just arrived to Buenos Aires from Milan to further her career.

A testament to the advances of the society, a true icon of the NE.

''Affinities'': Tacho, flamenco, gypsy culture.

proxy-image (3).jpg

"TACHO"

Tacho Vázquez Lopez, 19 yo. Resourceful, strong, active, hotheaded.

Tacho has been travelling with his family due to their jobs in engeneering and biological investigation, helping the different NE's communities around the world. They spent the last years in Australia but wanted to find his own path, so he asked to be transferred to to Buenos Aires to start his militar career disconnected from his family's influence.

The image of youth; strong, energetic and adaptable. If he was to fix his impetus he'd be in his way to great achievments.

''Affinities'': Jaz, Theatre and acting, super-heroes.

* . °•★|•°∵LOCATIONS∵°•|☆•° . *

[COMING SOON]

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────
·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Almost Stars" is a choose your own adventure parody of the show "Casi Ángeles", a 2010' argentinian teen drama/soap opera with some minor fantastical elements. The game has an overall plot that each character can navigate through their own perspective with some common events and some others specific for each character (though the common events are present in other character's lines, that doesn't mean they'll have the same options or paths). Advancing the plot may discover things about the city and the protagonists that they may or may not like, as well as opening the door to the opportunities expected in a city filled with such beautiful and outstanding people (and a game in f95zone).

Though it's a parody, there's absolutly no need to have watched the show, specially taking into account that is in spanish, everything you need to know is in the game, and it's a rewritting of the last season to fit the purpouse of this project (though if you want to, it's complete in YouTube).

Having said that, this is a practice project to get the handle of Twine (more specifically, of the coding), so I'll take my time on it and try to enjoy the writting part. As for know I have the outline of the story down to each 5 character's paths, all that's left is writting each scene (and the coding.....). I'm not planning on doing anything big with the visuals (perhaps some custom profile pics for the main 5 characters), probably real life pics and gifs for events and scenes, as it's not my focus on this project.

As for tags, I don't have exactly all of them, but the expected ones (and some still not sure) as of today are: bdsm, corruption, exhibitionism, female domination, female protagonist, group sex, hetero, lesbian, male domination, male protagonist, mind control, multiple endings, netorare (I'm not sure if it'll fall exactly into this category, but there's the chance to cheat and be cheated on), non-con, open relationship, poliamory, romance, threesome. (I plan on making sex avoidable, so most of this will be avoidable aswell).

∘₊✧────────────────────── ·☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚*ੈ✩‧₊˚*✧・゚: *✧・゚:⋆·˚ ༘ * ✧˖*°࿐゚・*:.。*:゚・♡· ──────────────────────✧₊∘

Last edited:

BLucy

Mar 30, 2020
* . °•★|•°∵UPDATE∵°•|☆•° . *

I've been working on the story and now I have the main structure of both the story and the chapters. It will have 5 main chapters plus a prologue and epilogue. There are also 10 endings based on 3 diferent parameters, although there may be side quests and decisions that aren't particular to each character (or more than one, but not shared by all of them like the main quest) that may alter those endings and be more shaped after that character.

As I mentioned, this is based on an argentinian teen soap opera, but does have some weird stuff going on that I had to go back and check again and... I decided to stick to the gist of it, other wise I'd have to info dump constantly and it makes no sense to force anyone (and myself) to go through almost 600 episodes in a span of 5/7 short chapters just to be able to navigate them. I've created the story with this in mind so this won't be a replica or "lore accurate" if anyone was wondering or cares.

I've also done the profile pics for each protagonist, I think this is more appropiate and I also enjoyed doing it, so I'm going to leave them down here.

Now I'll focus on the coding part, as I know it's going to slow me down and I want to get it right. It's probably going to be a while until I have a substantial update. Perhaps I'll tinker with some more visual/decorative things if the coding burns me enough, so I'll also put that here, but it could be temporary things.

* . °•★|•°∵NEW PROFILES∵°•|☆•° . *

Thiago 2.png Mar 1.png

Rama 2.png Jaz 2.png

Tacho 1.png

∘₊✧────────────────────── ·☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚*ੈ✩‧₊˚*✧・゚: *✧・゚:⋆·˚ ༘ * ✧˖*°࿐゚・*:.。*:゚・♡· ──────────────────────✧₊∘