HTML - Abandoned - Altered Heroines [v0.22.2] [DefShock Creations]

1. 1.00 star(s)

ZioBen

This game is a delusion like New Paths.
    In the past was really promising and was also enjoyable to play then there was the reboot and the switch from RPGM to HTML and all the following releases (0.14, 0.15.... 0.21) are full of bugs and impossible to play.
    In the past in the team that developed this game there was a developer able to making the things work in RPGM and now there in no more?
    Making releases that don't work is pointless and is frustrating for who try to play them.
    I really hope to see something that is possible to play in a near future
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Kourosh

This game has more bugs than you can imagine. everything should be repeated too many times and it's frustrating, after 2 hours of playing i couldn't progress with the story much because of so many dead ends thanks to the bugs, lots of blank screens, lots of "could not be found" pictures and you can't go forward even using console codes because they are not defined properly. this game needs a huge amount of fixing and maybe even more.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

BobCarter

I used to really like this game, which is odd because I normally don't care for RPGM, but in this current form, it's far less then playable, it's a mess on paper with it's poor layout, and it's full of bugs errors. Nothing from the original is really here, and while the original was super liner, it never had this much confusion to it.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Raknor

I have seen their posts about losing a member of the team and it making it harder to have finished it in RPG Maker. But, this switch to Twine or HTML or whatever it is, just shows that the person they lost was the only one that seemed to know how to code anything worthwhile. I'm playing 14.14 and it is just horrible. Sure, I've hit some bugs, which is to be expected. But, that isn't what makes it boring. Its boring from the fact that you really do nothing in the game. You click a link and follow its present text. There isn't much choices involved and I really liked being able to walk around the town in RPG Maker version. And there was actually fighting and side quests that just popped up. I really liked the RPG Maker game. This, however, is currently a piece of crap.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

elm0

based version 0.14.12 .
    changing game engine was great idea, but realisation was worst. this version unplayable- "saves" overflow localstorage (this cause huge browser problem), some scenes unplayable, by code game mechanics implemented very ugly.
    if u have browser error after playing that "masterpiece" like "lalala localstorage lalala", launch that "game" and delete all saves, cuz localstorage overflow .

update for version 0.21
    "game" remain unplayable. terrible development, cuz u ll get huge amount of errors in first 10 mins- for what reason dev make unplayable release?! dev, just check ur "game" 10-20 mins and u ll be horrified...

/damn, why people not allowed rate that piece of .... for ZERO stars?!
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Sancrest

As of 0.14 they decided to revamp the game using HTML. It is a disaster. First of all "new" version is basically a text based game with lazy coding. Font choice seems like Comic Sans and that should tell you something.
    Aside from the lack of content(game ends with prologue) this so called revamp looks sloppy, cheap and a downgrade from the previous versions
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Nox Karas

The game must improve a lot of stuff before I play it again. The aesthetics are not bad but it's not arousing. The writing is also poor, as other people have said before.

I expected to be better. Let's see what future versions offers us.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

hakarlman

second update

Switching to HTML makes NO sense. They could download Renpy right now and just replace the images with the provided demo, and it would be better than the HTML version. If the guy can figure out HTML, he can figure out Renpy. Renpy is extremely easy to use. All the dev has to do is just open the Renpy example tutorial and literally copy and paste. He could port over the whole game in a week tops.

i had to bump the score down to 1 star because of the horrible HTML interface.

update

i tried the game again and i'm bumping the score from 2 stars to 3. there is cuckold content in this game and it's actually pretty good, i had no idea. there are two scenes that are pretty hot and make the game worth trying, however the rest of the game is still very problematic.

1. the quests are buggy and you won't be able to progress if you do things in an unanticipated way from what the dev tested. i reached a point where i couldn't progress, not because there was no more content, but because of quests errors & bugs.

2. the quest journal needs to be fully updated for every quest, fully tested and with as much detail as possible, guiding you on what to do.

3. the scenarios with your mom and sister are just way too repetitive.

3a. there needs to be a proper incest patch so it changes the words to mom and sister, not landlady, step-mom or step-sister.

4. having to equip your outfit every fing' time is so annoying beyond belief.

5. the dates with batgirl need to be fleshed out more before she cuckolds you.

6. the story is still very incoherent.

7. animations are surprisingly good.

8. basic problems are hurting this game, too many basic problems with quest journals, story writing & bugs, certain design issues hold it back from being great.

Hot scenes in the game:
    - the game has two very hot cuckold scenes, one with batgirl and one with wonder woman, but they're sooo short and need to be fleshed out more with context.
    - the nun lady is super hot, especially the dream you have of her standing over your character in a chastity device.

original review
    Writing is uninteresting.
    Introduces too many characters in the start.
    Renders are not arousing.
    No build ups, just scenarios that don't make sense.
    Walking around finding locations is too annoying.
    Constantly having to switch outfits is annoying.

The devs ideas are good, but the execution is poor. It lacks arousing renders and decent writing.

I had to find a coffee shop and couldn't find it. Every scene up to that point was uninteresting.

If you're a first time writer/adult game maker, focus on making a game with 2-3 characters MAX. Flesh those out first and don't ignore the importance of building up to a climax. You can't just show back to back climaxes without building them up first.

Going to batgirl's apartment which leads directly into femdom without context makes no sense. A mother randomly hypnotizing you makes no sense.

It's better to focus on 1 scenario that has proper buildup, spectacular climax, high quality render/posing vs 5 low quality scenarios.

Dev needs to focus on quality not quantity.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Nulleins

Tedious walking around. Annoyingly long clicking to change outfits. Average renders. Current content quite lacking. I have only played the Beta route but the interaction with the different heroines where up to this point uninteresting.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

The game looks very interesting, i am sure it will be good after some more content is added, right now there is not enough of it.
    Concept is pretty good, but you reach end of content before there is anything worth your time. This game also lacks details that i would take as a given - the game is empty, there are around 5 NPCs in total.

TL&DR This game is at alpha stage, don't bother until around 0.8.

Written for 0.5.9
  11. 5.00 star(s)

vovanx3m

The game is interesting, although there are certain portions of the game that feel either too long or simply pointless. I'm not sure what is the goal in having alpha and beta routes, but the alpha route seemed a bit overly pervert and not complicated. Most of the times it felt that choices have no impact over the next events.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

dragoonbill

Neither of the two story lines seem neglected as of yet. There are some path issues where the game will crash because it cannot locate a file. Other than that it is a good start. The world is still a little small, and some of the scenes lead to being unable to continue forward.