Alternative Compressor (RenPy only)

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Introducing Alternative Compressor.
Something I've been working on for quite a while now, based in parts on the solidly built and well proven Cruncher by Bas
I've included Unren by Sam and by in version 0.3.5
And now added the by

Utilises ppx2.exe for high speed image processing, I've reworked other aspects to maximise speed too.
Options to pick quality or skip for images, audio and video
Fine grained image processing quality (1%~lossless)
Pick the number of Threads to use on Images and Video (Caution! Using all threads on an overclocked CPU WILL create a lot of heat)
Option to delete RPA files if they are still in the game folder.
(Now Optional)Will copy game/gui/window_icon.png to the game's root folder as android-icon_foreground.png AND android-icon_background.png (For Android - double check this is the one you want to use if you're porting)

Usage.
Put AIO.bat and comptools folder in the game's root folder
Run AIO.bat
Hopefully understandable from there.
Don't be surprised that you won't see images being processed, nothing will move on screen until the Audio, Video or the summary.

AIO 0.4.5.6 changes
Fixes non-ascii file name compression. Enabling windows system locale settings utf8 should do the rest.(make sure to exit from within the bat file rather than closing the window)
Fixed odd image counts
Tidy up some other odds and sods

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0.4.5.6 AIO

Last edited:

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
What is minimum quality of image i should use for android?
just want the size to be smallest as much as possible

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
Thanks for sharing! You've given me some ideas, for sure. You may want to add some kind of progress monitoring since I have no idea what the script is doing after I start compressing. Task Manager can't even make much sense of things, placing most of the load under the generic "system" process
1642351496593.png

Despite this, I do see tons of IO outside of the sandbox(I'm running your script in a virtual machine) so it IS working, just can't really make heads or tails of what files it's working on or how quickly they are being finished. :confused:
1642351679165.png
In any case, it's definitely wicked fast(even with the "slow" setting!) and I bet after a few more iterations, this will be a valuable addition to F95's stable of crunching scripts (y)

1642351948509.png

Reactions: Wills747

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for your kind words, I'll think about adding a live "images processed count" if possible.

Reactions: doujin1

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for sharing! You've given me some ideas, for sure. You may want to add some kind of progress monitoring since I have no idea what the script is doing after I start compressing. Task Manager can't even make much sense of things, placing most of the load under the generic "system" process

Despite this, I do see tons of IO outside of the sandbox(I'm running your script in a virtual machine) so it IS working, just can't really make heads or tails of what files it's working on or how quickly they are being finished. :confused:
No can do on monitoring the image processing for now. Unless I have some radical idea it would be rather difficult to follow.
Even asking cwebp for some output results in a garbled mess due to multiple instances.
Tried several ways of getting a live processed image count, maybe I'll come back to it later.
Best I can do for now is add an image, audio and video count at the settings summary screen pre start.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Another minor update
0.3.3 Changes
Runs webp header fix if images selected and webp files found.
Made fast compression a little slower as images were really bad.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Content Checker
Run this batch file in the game's root folder to see a count of compressible file types
Not necessary but may be useful to some people

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
0.3.4 Changes
Updated/rebuilt EXE files
WebP header fix now optional (Mostly not needed)
Added some more info about what's happening in the script
Included content_check.bat. (safe to delete if you don't use it)

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Updated to v0.3.5
Some changes to compressor format
Included Unren 0.91, Compressible file checker, unrpyc (will try harder AND overwrite rpy's) and python 2.7
Probably a few other things I've forgotten along the way.
Edit: fixed a few issues.

Last edited:

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Updated v0.3.5 AIO again, 7zipped python files and extract only when needed. This will speed up copy time.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
AIO 0.3.6 Changes
Compressible file check totals will be saved for compressor if run first.
Python2.7 folder 7zipped only extracted if needed. (tidied up when exiting via menu options)
File delete menu added
Fixed an issue of jumping between menus
No doubt more I've forgotten.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
"Fixed nul file security error since recent Windows "quality" update"

Thanks i thought only my computer have something wrong
Nope, it's not just you. I had to roll back my PC in recovery to verify the issue.
Even rolling back broke a lot of things for me but that particular issue disappeared.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Updated to 0.4.0
NEW / EXPERIMENTAL:
Run Python scripts from built in python
Run commands from script (may be useful later)
Right click AIO_0.4.0_.bat and run as admin to be able to store default compression settings
FIXED:
"file not found" messages