Tool Ren'Py Alternative/ Second save location for RenPy 7.8.2 / 8.3.2 SDK in Android Ports

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
estrada777 phdusa1 I'm toying with the idea of making the "sync" location the old stock "android/data/game.name.here/saves" location.
It would reduce the triplicate of saves we now have, remove the save delete bug, should work for Google backups and reduce the modified code copying shit back and fourth.(Hopefully)

Progress edit:
Fixed multipersistent saves folder
Fixed delete bug
Moved "sync" folder to "android/data/game.name.here/saves" and tested both ways

Now to try getting this shit running with the newer 8.3.0 SDK35/Android combo - Currently working on RenPy 8.3.0 with Android 10 and below...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: phdusa1 and Dark563

JOJO7777

Sep 6, 2017
Hi, in Naidini's code there used to be a prompt asking the user to enable permissions to the application, which is no longer present. How could this be added? Thank you.

phdusa1

Aug 18, 2018
I am using renpy 8.2.3.. I couldn't get it to work by implementing the code with my version of renpy. It gives me an error when I try to build the game.
Please find attached my file which asks for permission before game launch. Compare it with your's in notepad++. Please keep your's backup before making changes.

P.S. I made changes in file present here: \rapt\project\renpyandroid\src\main\java\org\renpy\android

Last edited:
Reactions: JOJO7777

JOJO7777

Sep 6, 2017
Please find attached my file which asks for permission before game launch. Compare it with your's in notepad++. Please keep your's backup before making changes.

P.S. I made changes in file present here: \rapt\project\renpyandroid\src\main\java\org\renpy\android
did it work! THX!

Reactions: phdusa1

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Found the solution. estrada777 & ArunPrime Tagging if guys want to implement.
Estrada you were right. Defining some variables killed it.

Solution is here by Twistty in last 2-3 pages(Thank you very much Twistty :) ):
https://f95zone.to/threads/new-renpy-token-check-when-creating-a-save.168169/post-13756630

You can either use twistty's extra_savedirs_Fix.rpy and paste it in ./game folder and sync folder will no more be created.

Or paste following code in any rpy file you create for customizing you ports:

Code:
init 9999 python:
    renpy.config.has_sync = None
    renpy.config.extra_savedirs = []

I am thinking I will just copy attached file in ./game folder of every port i will create.

Edit: I tried it in one of my ports and it works like a charm. No more double save files :love:
Thanks, I'm also found another solution for "security keys.txt and upgraded.txt" from creating.

Posted Here

Reactions: phdusa1

phdusa1

Aug 18, 2018
Thanks, I'm also found another solution for "security keys.txt and upgraded.txt" from creating.

Posted Here
I don't mind "security keys.txt and upgraded.txt" as they are only some bytes and are only created once for each game. But thanks for the info Arun.
I was mostly worried about double saves which can go upto 100 MB in size for some big games if players have some 200+ saves for a game.

Reactions: ArunPrime

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Could you please tell me if 8.3.0 is coming?
Eventually. Experiencing issues gaining permissions to do everything we currently can.
Thought I had it down last week but then uninstalling a game and reinstalling it, the new version wouldn't read the old saves even though the signatures matched.