Seeking Am I crazy or are there not a lot of good corruption/rape jrpgs?

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
I feel like ever since I joined this community I have heard of how much a cliche the jrpg with rape content is. There are a million of them and they all have similarities etc. But I now start to think that 99% of these games are not good at all. I enjoyed Virgin Island back in the day and Scars of Summer more recently, but most others are just awful. Super short, no/very minuscule corruption so the dialogue is not hot at all, the sex scenes have bad or generic art with little variation etc.

Can someone please recommend some good games?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
There are some good ones, but most Japanese devs are not good at writing corruption / don't care to make it believable. A couple that stood out to me:

TCoK: Actually decently-written and localized, decent corruption arc, decent production values. But the gameplay is kinda fluff.
Makina: Pretty standard formula, except it actually has decent characters and localization, and focuses more on corruption than rape.
VBC: Not a JRPG exacly, more like a trainer, but I remember enjoying the corruption and writing. Especially given it's a rape-game, which I don't normally like.
SKA: Full-fledged 40-hour JRPG with a heavy focus on corruption and no rape. Good stuff but it's very different and much slower than Japanese equivalents.
Since you mentioned Scars of Summer, a good RPGM NTR game is this one. It has no real gameplay though, just puzzles. You might also like this, but all the obtuse mechanics drag it down.
I hear good things about TLS, but it's not something I can get into.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
There are some good ones, but most Japanese devs are not good at writing corruption / don't care to make it believable. A couple that stood out to me:

TCoK: Actually decently-written and localized, decent corruption arc, decent production values. But the gameplay is kinda fluff.
Makina: Pretty standard formula, except it actually has decent characters and localization, and focuses more on corruption than rape.
VBC: Not a JRPG exacly, more like a trainer, but I remember enjoying the corruption and writing. Especially given it's a rape-game, which I don't normally like.
SKA: Full-fledged 40-hour JRPG with a heavy focus on corruption and no rape. Good stuff but it's very different and much slower than Japanese equivalents.
Since you mentioned Scars of Summer, a good RPGM NTR game is this one. It has no real gameplay though, just puzzles. You might also like this, but all the obtuse mechanics drag it down.
I hear good things about TLS, but it's not something I can get into.
Thank you. I am quite frankly shocked that Japanese developers don't care much about corruption, because most of the games have the tag. Maybe it's a f95 zone thing.