am i the only one who Enjoys NTR when its avoidable ?

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
like i really Enjoy NTR when its not the main focus in story Plot , like when i see game entirely about the NTR and nothing else i don't like to play them and i dislike it in face, so much but , if the NTR is in a game where its not main focused i come to enjoy it examples for this in love & sex : second date : the route with Alexis , so am i the only one ?

D

Deleted member 3145675

Hi,
What you describe is simply adding a little spice to your game (some taboo) - It's normal - it could be compared to going to the best steakhouse in your hood - asking for the Chef's famous T-Bone and Fries (12 pounds of meat 2 liters BBQ sauce - 10 pounds of potatoes + 1/4 gallon of mayo)
(and secretly asking for a bowl of salad on the side)
(and a Blancmange for dessert)

Now having an interesting sub plot line in a game - or a risk - like having a potential ntr in a predominantly Harem game can be relevant - a Harem that you don't master will go sideways real fast - or you succeeded in having the game's bitchgirl to join your harem (but she remains a bitch... and a potential ntr plot) as long as it is well written it can be nice to play it that way.

same principle goes with other tags - it could be "femdom" instead of "ntr" - as long as it creates an interesting subplot I would play that game (at least once).

TheHighSpire

Feb 1, 2020
I agree, I only like NTR when I can avoid it.

However, it also applies to more than just NTR for me. I generally find games boring if it doesn't allow me to alter the story. It doesn't make me invest in the story if I know that I'll just be clicking through a bunch of dialogue without any option to alter the story.

Jun 13, 2020
Judging from all the comments here I've seen so far, no you're not. A large group of people here hate NTR.

Asking whether the NTR is avoidable or not becomes like a tradition thing to ask in the game forum now.

Aristro

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Maybe it is weird but I can't play an NTR game from start to finish. But I like NTR scenes in a gallery...

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If I'm playing the game and the main character is male I don't like NTR but I'm ok with it if it's avoidable. If I'm developing, then I don't mind developing NTR because while I imagine myself as the main character if playing as a male main character, I don't do that as a dev. If the main character is female then I like both playing and developing it especially if it's the man doing the cheating.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
How do you enjoy it when you avoid it anyways?
Because you dont enjoy the scenes but the sense of challenge, its like playing a strategy or RPG game on hardest difficulty, you could play it on easy and see the stuff, but it gives some meaning to it making it hard.

On that point you take the harem wannabe MC, add him some challenges and risks then you feel he deserves the harem, the point is rather than a simple and clean road to the harem, you get a hard but fulfilling one.

To end, I find it really fun, in fact anything that goes against the MC is good enough for me, for example perhaps the world is kind of unforgiving, some female character wants to dominate our MC and stuff like that. Basically I'm a fan of avoidable stuff, meaning avoidable as something you have to fight off, not an option.

Reactions: Aiden

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
How do you enjoy it when you avoid it anyways?
Having an adversary that is an actual threat adds to the experience even if you have no intention of ever allowing that adversary to beat you so you can see whatever scenes happen if he's victorious. It adds tension to the story like any good villain would for a movie or a tv show. You don't want the villain to win but you want the hero to have to work for it to defeat them.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hm, there is a type of game with avoidable NTR that I really don't like, in particular Big Brother with its various unlikeable characters and The Guy in Charge, which made me feel dead inside, and not in a good NTR kind of way. These just bring a nasty mentality of "be the alpha male to win the stupid wimminz back from Chad". Maybe there are games that do this in a less toxic way. I liked The Tyrant a bit more.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
I'm the opposite. I'm not a NTR fan, but I can like it if NTR is the main focus of the game. If I start playing non-NTR then suddenly NTR comes in, I don't like it.

Iyarashi

Apr 4, 2021
I was never bothered by the NTR stuff so it kinda took me by surprise how many people hate it when I started lurking on different forums. Can understand it, though. With that being said, I never particularly searched for an NTR-focused game. I just don't mind it when it actually happens whether it's main focus/side thing, avoidable/or not.

Steve Carter

Apr 28, 2017
I'm the same way. I prefer NTR when it is avoidable. Basically my advice to a writer to make an NTR game that I'd enjoy is to just write a normal game centered around other fetishes with NTR being a bad ending, only the game just doesn't end when you get the bad NTR ending. "Babysitter" by Taboo would be a game that I feel has done this perfectly. "Long Story Short" by Kamo is a game still in development that has the potential to be a great game (although I think the corruption path is progressing a little too fast).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DarknessDai

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Are you saying you enjoy NTR, because you take solace in the fact that NTR haters can avoid it? Meanwhile, you love NTR and enjoy it, but are at peace since others can enjoy the game without having NTR forced upon them?

On a side note. Forcing NTR means the game is NTR focused. However, if a game mixes Harem & NTR, and the dev forces NTR, that's a HUGE no no IMO, unless the theme revolves around a guy who gets cucked hard in the start of the game, but somehow rises up to become the supreme alpha male.

Anyways, if you mix Harem & NTR in the same game, you have to give the Harem guys a way to overcome the NTR. I've seen lots of games force NTR in a bad way and it just upsets the NTR haters, and for good reason.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Are you saying you enjoy NTR, because you take solace in the fact that NTR haters can avoid it? Meanwhile, you love NTR and enjoy it, but are at peace since others can enjoy the game without having NTR forced upon them?

On a side note. Forcing NTR means the game is NTR focused. However, if a game mixes Harem & NTR, and the dev forces NTR, that's a HUGE no no IMO, unless the theme revolves around a guy who gets cucked hard in the start of the game, but somehow rises up to become the supreme alpha male.

Anyways, if you mix Harem & NTR in the same game, you have to give the Harem guys a way to overcome the NTR. I've seen lots of games force NTR in a bad way and it just upsets the NTR haters, and for good reason.
The point of avoidable NTR is just a sense of challenge, so it is never forced NTR, the OP used Alexis route as an example, in this one you can prevent Alexis having sex with anyone else but if you are really low on stats or under some circunstances you will fail to do it, albeit it isn't my favourite type of avoidable NTR cause I prefer actions compared stat checks.

For example a situation of avoidable NTR is that your girlfriend gets captured by let's say bandits and if you don't rescue her fast enough she will be raped, basically you have a situation that requires the player to act and either not being good enough or taking too much time have a bad result, but the point is to actually rescue her fast so that she doesn't get raped.

Reactions: hakarlman
Apr 30, 2020
I've been playing "Long Story Short" which has Ntr(avoidable) and I've been enjoying it. It's not about the ntr itself, it's the challenge of making the right choices to avoid it. Sometimes I also go back and replay other routes to see/unlock all the scenes.
I don't like ntr, but I've grown tired of linear vanilla games. So I like when games have both good and bad endings.
Plus I like the story overall. Ann is best girl :]