Am I the only one who wants MORE games that mix horror and sex?

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
I wish there was more games that were both horror and had moments of sex, anyone else feel that way?
you have real taste!! :love:
that's what i'm really looking for,hardcore massacres,
serial murders,and in between the necessary sex.

love stories with a kind of couple like chucky and tiffany,
who butchered their whole school.
or some kind of crazy family like the addams family.
or serial killers chasing teenage girls.
such kind of games.

okay,you've got raptus and the blackheart games,
but that's still just thriller-like.
as you say,i miss real horror games mixed with sex.

Reactions: sonhot

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I wish there was more games that were both horror and had moments of sex, anyone else feel that way?
It's one of the most difficult mix to write correctly, simply because it imply two really opposite side of the emotion spectrum.

While it's easy to pass from the sexy time to the horror, since the more it unexpectedly come from nowhere, the better it is, the opposite is really difficult. You need either to let the tension fade away, then to set up the mood, or to have built the characters in such way that they'll jump on each other due to this tension.
But this second option can't come from nowhere. Characters that would effectively act that way in real life would expose way too much their life. Their "let's have sex, who know when we will die" is easy to answer to. Girl, you're still in an exposed place and you'll make more noises than a slowly slaughtered pig... you'll die faster than you reach climax. The characters have to be aroused by the tension, but also to have control on themselves and be able to endure it the whole day if needed, the time for them to reach a place where they can finally have sex. And god, this dichotomy between their desire to abandon themselves to their lust, and the self awareness that make them stay at 100% vigilance, it's far to be something easy to write correctly.

It's the reason why (too many) games that try it tend to have rape sex. It's the easiest way to put sex in horror stories without having to care too much about the writing.

Johnson_Carl

Jun 30, 2019
Sex or sexy things in a horror story is like putting children in a horror story for me. For some reason it makes me even more uncomfortable like the nurses from silent hill. Body 10 I hit that sexually but the setting of the game makes it really scary.