Amateur Translator

Lamivern

Jan 8, 2019
Hey all! im extremely new to this forum, I joined yesterday.

So i dont know a lick of japanese, but i am heavily fluent in english. I also have no idea how translating works, but we all start somewhere, right?

If i could take, say, the hilariously unintelligible output of a machine translation and put it into more comprehensible sentences, id join in a second.
or if there was someone in a translation team who translated from japanese to english, but wasn't too skillful in the latter language, i could again enhance the sentences into something more immersive.

if anyone had tips and tricks on translation, or something else to add, i'd be eternally grateful.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
If i could take, say, the hilariously unintelligible output of a machine translation and put it into more comprehensible sentences, id join in a second.
This is exactly what I do, actually... It's not like I don't know Japanese at all, but I'm not good enough to translate an entire game.

You can try extracting all of the game dialogues (or do a batch translation with Translator++ if ur gonna translate a RPGM game), and try fixing the sentences into something better; maybe with the help of another translator page (you may have to check in several translation pages so you can get an idea of what to put in a certain dialogue).