Others Completed Amayui Labyrinth Meister [Eushully]: Story Machine Translation + Partial UI Translation

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020

Title: Amayui Labyrinth Meister 『天結いラビリンスマイスター』
Release Date: July 21, 2021
Developer: Eushully
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RELEASE 1.3
This release fixes the linebreaks in the middle of words and the dialogue cutting off when it's too long for the text box. The latter fix in particular is very technical and therefor more prone to bugs. Obviously I am not able to test all of it, but from what I've played it seemed without issues. All of this could not have been possible without the great decompilation tools and help of the people at the Eushully Crew Discord, especially .
This patch is for the newly released version 1.02 of the game, though my old UI translation should still work.

Finally for the (current) best experience and compatibility with the soon to be released follow this installation order:
1: The game with AP01
2: Official update 1.02
3: ZAPs UI Translation
4: All files starting with "SC", "SP", "$1$SC", "$1$SP" and " SN" from my Machine Translation (those are the dialogue and scene files)
If you choose to use my UI translation instead, copy all files from the Machine Translation instead

WARNING: I've heard reports that this patch messes up saves during dialogue events. I'm not sure to what extend and I'm looking into it but for now I recommend to only save/load during dungeons or on the map.

Personally I'm very happy how it turned out. Have fun everybody.

Last edited:

YamatoKira

Nov 14, 2018
Maybe the game is not well known for now.

I have played the game Amayui Castle Meister and it was so good.
So i can only hope that the continuation is up to expectations.

Good luck with the translation ;) (you will use DeepL?)

Reactions: Ars Arcanum

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
Yes, I use DeepL (the free version though ;)). Combining the texts into full sentences for better translation and reinserting them split up again was the biggest hurdle. I'm done now with my first results. Uploading now and then probably waiting for the admins to approve.

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
Can I know what did you use to machine translate Eushully vns? I'm pretty curious about it :)
Yeah, sure.
First there are some old references I used to understand the file structure: , and .
With this I pretty much wrote my own python code to do the extracting and reinserting.
Basically, aside from references, I programmed the tools I used myself and my code is so messy that I don't really feel comfortable sharing it. I do however offer a pretty comfortably way for community members to do their own changes and then send them to me to apply them.

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
Yeah, sure.
First there are some old references I used to understand the file structure: , and .
With this I pretty much wrote my own python code to do the extracting and reinserting.
Basically, aside from references, I programmed the tools I used myself and my code is so messy that I don't really feel comfortable sharing it. I do however offer a pretty comfortably way for community members to do their own changes and then send them to me to apply them.
Hmm, I see. I pretty somewhat understand the extraction process, but ah I was pretty much interested how did you MTL like 28+ k lines ? With deepL. But as read further, it's your own tool and since you don't feel comfortable, I won't ask more, thank you very much for the information tho ~ !.

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
Oh, I might have misunderstood you.
I didn't actually do any translation using code. So no use of the API.
I simply copied all japanese text into multiple word files (.docx) and put them into the file translator on the DeepL website.

Yabber

Jul 29, 2019
Hi thanks for the translation, sadly since I installed it the game crashes either: accessing the options menu, loading a save, during the intro right before showing the text.

xenei

Sep 9, 2020
Oh, I might have misunderstood you.
I didn't actually do any translation using code. So no use of the API.
I simply copied all japanese text into multiple word files (.docx) and put them into the file translator on the DeepL website.
Hmm, I see... Oh ! ~

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
Hi thanks for the translation, sadly since I installed it the game crashes either: accessing the options menu, loading a save, during the intro right before showing the text.
Hmm, weird. Does it show any error messages? Also which version of the game are you using?

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
I have added translations for Game version 1.01.0006. It might be possible that the other ones did not work on newer versions of the game. Did not take that into consideration. Follow this install order: Base Game -> AP1 -> update 1.01 -> my translation

DragonSlayer13579

Aug 13, 2018
This is great my man, thanks for all the effort that you put into this project , I'm so pissed that I finished the game before finding out about this patch >﹏<, I had to use google translate on my phone to be able to translate the UI.

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
This is great my man, thanks for all the effort that you put into this project , I'm so pissed that I finished the game before finding out about this patch >﹏<, I had to use google translate on my phone to be able to translate the UI.
Well, there's always NG+ :D
Also, I'm working on a (shoddy) UI translation as well. That's way more effort than I expected.

AnEUfan

Aug 4, 2021
On the Error that some of you may have. This has happened a lot in the past. Here's a possible solution.
First have the game in it's ORIGINAL form, no translations no changes. You can even have the vanilla version without appends or patches.
Next, start up the game, make sure you are in Japanese Local in your Region settings in Windows. (this is vital ! won't work properly without this)
Then boot up the game, theoretically it should be functional. Find the Options and go to where you pick the texts fonts, there select MS Gothic (i think that was the name of it) for all text options.
Get back to the main menu, and quit. Your configuration file will now be save.
As long as you don't lose the config file (not sure if it's in the game folder or where the game saves are), even if you add to the folder (appends, patches, translations, etc), you should be able to play.

This has happened to several of EU's games. Hope this works for you. :D

AnEUfan

Aug 4, 2021
Also, i have something that can speed up certain tasks, perhaps. I will attach an archive here with some tools that can possible help with extracting files or converting them for editing. Honestly, they are a bit older tools, but seem to still work on most files. However, i am looking for a better extraction/conversion tool to get those .BINs into .RTF for manual editing. ( it's a hobby of mine, solo work, I did Soukoku no Arterial a while back, purely for myself, btw).
I will check back on this post every now and then, if you have questions for me on this. :)

Reactions: Ars Arcanum

Ars Arcanum

May 21, 2020
Also, i have something that can speed up certain tasks, perhaps. I will attach an archive here with some tools that can possible help with extracting files or converting them for editing. Honestly, they are a bit older tools, but seem to still work on most files. However, i am looking for a better extraction/conversion tool to get those .BINs into .RTF for manual editing. ( it's a hobby of mine, solo work, I did Soukoku no Arterial a while back, purely for myself, btw).
I will check back on this post every now and then, if you have questions for me on this. :)
Hey, thanks a lot for the programm. I'm not sure if I'm able to run it though. I tried it on DEBUGADV.BIN and got this error.
err.png
Anyway, extracting and editing text from the game is pretty much solved for me right now.
I'm passively looking into solving one of these issues next:
1. Increasing the size of the dialogue boxes
2. preventing the game from doing linebreaks in the middle of words (without inserting manual line breaks)
If you could help me in any way with these I would be glad to hear it.
Either way, I'm glad more people are interested in translating this game.

As for the compatibility issue with non-japanese locale systems, works great for me. No need to manually change the system to japanese anymore. If missing fonts are the problem: The game with default configurations uses 游ゴシック,メイリオ and MS ゴシック so make sure they are installed. I'm pretty sure they are all available for free online.

AnEUfan

Aug 4, 2021
Yes, the error you posted is what you get for some of the files that this old tool cannot convert, like i said it's old so some of the newer stuff causes this. :) I tried it myself on some of the files just now. EU has changed it's BIN structure enough that this tool doesn't work anymore. I can say for sure that this tool works just fine on the older games (from Kamidori to probably Grasesta)

The dialogue box size... hmm, as far as i remember, the only way i know of is manually creating more dialogue lines where needed. So when you have text that doesn't fit in the 3-line size, you would manually split the text, adding the leftover in another line. In game, it would create another instance where you need to click to advance the text, to display the leftover. I don't know of any better way to do it then manual, i suspect many deal with the same problem and solve it by creating some sort of shunt program that can calculate and limit the amount of characters that are in a line, and add the appropriate extension when needed. I would say this would be done in the text form of the files, not the BIN. I'm not a programmer like that, so perhaps someone with experience can help you there.

I can say from working on Soukoku back then, the following:
All the spaces where text exist in this game are formatted to a specific limit of characters, non-typical characters like kanji symbols use up 2 spaces, as do special markers like japanses dialogue brackets. Text in english thus has a bit more space then japanses to fit in words, but our words are much longer so it's a real task to fit it in :D ...
This applies to the dialogue box itself, so once you figure out the limit of characters each line must have, you can then split the lines manually (or with some program if you have one) to fit the space. Testing this is easy, replace the first line of a story script BIN with a special line that you know the number of character to and temporarily place in game. (i'd say use the very first one at the start of the game) Go to where this test line is, and measure the characters.
For precaution, in case of font change, if the max limit is, say, 60 character units, make your limit be 55, to account for various fonts selections. As mentioned above, special symbols take up 2 spots.
One last thing about editing text manually. I used to use a program called EditPadPro, not sure if you can get it, it's quite useful as it keeps the RTF file structure quite nice and easy to work with.

Honestly, i'd love to get my hands on the tools that those guys at ZAP use to edit these... >.>

How

Dec 13, 2017
hey I know this is offtopic but can you do Himegari dungeon meister especialy the append please, the current one is very horrible

Reactions: Hsvhds