AMD problems with Ren'py games wont start

Big Wallas

Feb 15, 2018
Hi. I would like to know if you can help me with a problem that I am having and that there are some games with certain graphics engines. As for example Renpy which when I want to open it does not happen at all, it does not even appear in the windows processes. I have all the drivers updated. My specifications are the following: Processor AMD A-9 APU Radeon R5 5computer core 2c + 3g 8gb RAM and a Radeon R5 Graphics

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah. It's not the AMD system. I've played Ren'Py on a friend's A-8 APU, a cousin's newer A-10 and my own A-6 laptop. ALL of them did perfect with Ren'Py. It is definitely a Windows issue. It could be either smart screen (sometimes won't even notify you of blocking .exes) and Windows Defender (also guilty of not notifying when blocking .exe) or another antivirus. Usually when an antivirus blocks an exe, it usually deletes it or quarantines it.
Another thing to think of is either during the download or the extraction, those 2 programs or the extraction program could be deleting or corrupting a needed file which makes the exe not even run.

Try right clicking on the exe and "run as admin" and see what happens.

Big Wallas

Feb 15, 2018
Yeah. It's not the AMD system. I've played Ren'Py on a friend's A-8 APU, a cousin's newer A-10 and my own A-6 laptop. ALL of them did perfect with Ren'Py. It is definitely a Windows issue. It could be either smart screen (sometimes won't even notify you of blocking .exes) and Windows Defender (also guilty of not notifying when blocking .exe) or another antivirus. Usually when an antivirus blocks an exe, it usually deletes it or quarantines it.
Another thing to think of is either during the download or the extraction, those 2 programs or the extraction program could be deleting or corrupting a needed file which makes the exe not even run.

I already try run it as admind. But i'll try deactivate Smart screen and win defender and i'll see what happens

Big Wallas

Feb 15, 2018

Well. I deactivated the Smart screen the anti virus and the firewall and now my pc run the games. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Namco15