VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Amelie [Final] [Two and a Half Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

This is actually the second game I played by Two and a Half Studios. Not only are they capable of yaoi but yuri too. So I can give my thoughts.

Pros
    • The artwork is cute and creepy
    • The horror is very subtle and its not even apparent in Amelie's story. It makes sense given how Lilika is doing all she can to keep her in the dark about what is going on so seeing things through her eyes means that nothing bad is happening.
    • Meanwhile, Sofia's section is creepy as hell because Lilika is doing all she can to drive her away.
    • In order to get the true ending, you have to get all the bad endings. Lilika's section only expands on all three of the endings that can happen to Amelie or Sofia. After that, you won't have to do aything to interfere.
    • The music used in Ren'py is quiet and meloncholic and very creepy when it needs to.
    • The visuals when involving Lilika is terrifying. In her route, the screen cracks the farther in you go until it esculates.
    • The plot twist in the true ending after seeing everything is very good.
    • The yuri is cute. You want Amelie and Sofia to be happy.
    Cons:
    • It is pretty short of a game. Its fine given the context.
    • Given how Divine Speaker has voice acting, going back to this game without it is a let down.
    • At certain points of the story, you are given the option to interfere with the events. Only on Sofia's story was it annoying because of how fast the words flashed and then it would immediately continue on as if I didn't click on it. In Lilika's section, the words are slower and easier to touch.
    • I feel like the final scene in the true ending was unnecessary. Given how hard Amelie had to fight, it isn't fair that this thing came up even if it was supposed to be ironic and reflective of the prologue.
    So I recommend reading this late at night for the chills. I'm going to be reviewing their other game (which is a yaoi). But the only issue there is the lack of voice acting in 2 of the 3 routes.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Prince Vevit

Do not play this if looking for a nut. A haunting narrative with themes of manipulation and Sapphic love. Overall a quaint story, bugged down by its repetitive nature. Never enough horror, never enough romance, the tone is mellow and muted throughout. The themes of manipulative abuse and mystery are strong, and the art is absolutely phenomenal. Despite Its strong points, I would find it hard to honestly recommend to anyone, even for its hour-ish vn runtime.