Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
why does EVERY update break saves i mean im glad i dont have to start from the beginning but it gets really annoying

MorahBieno

Development Consultant & Revisions Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
why does EVERY update break saves i mean im glad i dont have to start from the beginning but it gets really annoying
Because it's something you need to plan for from the beginning, and it's nothing anybody teaches you from the beginning as a developer to prepare for. I certainly don't know how to do it, but then again, I'm not a programmer. A multitude of so many games in higher popularity and backing still do this, so while I do apologize it's not perfect, I can't say it's something we can just easily take the time it needs to fix it. Plan it for the future, maybe.

Reactions: osmann

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Save? please.
You can pick episode when starting the game, and you can use the cheats in OP to get ahead, and see the lewd scenes. You don't really need a save tbh.

Reactions: Silf and MorahBieno

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Because it's something you need to plan for from the beginning, and it's nothing anybody teaches you from the beginning as a developer to prepare for. I certainly don't know how to do it, but then again, I'm not a programmer. A multitude of so many games in higher popularity and backing still do this, so while I do apologize it's not perfect, I can't say it's something we can just easily take the time it needs to fix it. Plan it for the future, maybe.
there is a dev help section in this site maybe that could help yall

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
there is a dev help section in this site maybe that could help yall
Again, it's nothing we're looking to hire for, because we're not looking to fix it at the moment. It would come with a whole 'nother set of changes we'd need to implement. Don't expect it around the corner, but more a long term thing down the further, further road.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
Again, it's nothing we're looking to hire for, because we're not looking to fix it at the moment. It would come with a whole 'nother set of changes we'd need to implement. Don't expect it around the corner, but more a long term thing down the further, further road.
well i wasnt trying to get you to hire someone just ask for some info but anyways it would be nice if when you click on the most recent episode that it doesnt completely fuck you over for fights and make you grind a ton for money if you dont use cheats

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
well i wasnt trying to get you to hire someone just ask for some info but anyways it would be nice if when you click on the most recent episode that it doesnt completely fuck you over for fights and make you grind a ton for money if you dont use cheats
We agree, it'd make the game better, it's just not a make or break situation for us right now currently.

MC's Hammer

Apr 23, 2018
Honestly reading this comment is more of a grind than clicking on the burger shop a few times..

Reactions: MorahBieno

Superk

May 21, 2017
No it really doesn't. It feels like 80% of major games out there right now are already focused on incest so just go play those instead and stop asking every single game to have it.
A patch literally doesn't affect you at all. This feels like a "How dare you like something I don't" type of argument.

I understand the need to defend yourself, but this comes off as slightly dickish. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe you put anywhere that someone'll need to make a new save every update. You've implied it, I think, with the episodic selection in the beginning. I'm 100% in the boat that there are more important things then fixing this small thing, but I would also recommend that you place a save warning on the start of the game, like A Town Uncovered.

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
A patch literally doesn't affect you at all. This feels like a "How dare you like something I don't" type of argument.

I understand the need to defend yourself, but this comes off as slightly dickish. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't believe you put anywhere that someone'll need to make a new save every update. You've implied it, I think, with the episodic selection in the beginning. I'm 100% in the boat that there are more important things then fixing this small thing, but I would also recommend that you place a save warning on the start of the game, like A Town Uncovered.
I didn't feel it was defending the issue, as much as just getting back to his answer with the truth, that we don't have it slotted in our plan to fix it at the moment. I just wanted it succinctly stated what our intentions and plans were, so hopefully, people aren't more upset that we still haven't gotten around to it. I will say, the main reason it's not going to be fixed anytime soon, as that as soon as episode 6 with Maddie content comes out (a big want and desire for a lot of our supporters) we're going to be switching our gears towards another makeshift game to break us out of a cycle of feeling that Amity Park's getting a bit stale for our liking. We totally plan to return to it, and that's where I see those major changes and reworks taking place. Again, didn't mean to bash or dick around at someone's request for it, I just wanted to be upfront about it.

Also, I don't know if I'd see the point of adding a warning, as knowing it ahead of time wouldn't affect the fact that it's going to happen regardless. It's not as if they can be more prepared going into a new version, they just may be less disappointed, perhaps? But I would naturally assume anyone who's played our game at least twice would know this by now, so maybe it's just something that slips a mind of a developer if it really would be of a beneficial use. Something to at least consider, I suppose! We still have to add in an "All character's are 18 or older" sorta thing anyway, so why not? :whistle:

Addendum: I'm also a little unsure as to what a warning would even consist of? I'm not all too familiar with how ATU does it anymore.

Reactions: Superk and kahlyan

Superk

May 21, 2017
Also, I don't know if I'd see the point of adding a warning, as knowing it ahead of time wouldn't affect the fact that it's going to happen regardless. It's not as if they can be more prepared going into a new version, they just may be less disappointed, perhaps? But I would naturally assume anyone who's played our game at least twice would know this by now, so maybe it's just something that slips a mind of a developer if it really would be of a beneficial use. Something to at least consider, I suppose! We still have to add in an "All character's are 18 or older" sorta thing anyway, so why not? :whistle:

I mean, if anything, they can't complain to you about it on here if the game itself straight up told them when starting / loading a save. I also meant to include Summertime Saga as an example as well, but you're correct. I've played multiple versions of AP, and after I attempted to load my save after not playing it for a while, I remembered it. I see it helping new players, though.

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I mean, if anything, they can't complain to you about it on here if the game itself straight up told them when starting / loading a save. I also meant to include Summertime Saga as an example as well, but you're correct. I've played multiple versions of AP, and after I attempted to load my save after not playing it for a while, I remembered it. I see it helping new players, though.
Will totally put this under consideration then for a 0.5.2 or 0.5.b or what have you! Like I said, we're going to be putting up a sign that says a couple of things before the game starts anyway, so might as well!

Reactions: Superk

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
Played all the content and for what it is worth personally I still like the Desiree path of the 4 girls best. Coming in second would be Paulina's for the soul purpose at least despite her being mean spirited to a degree she at least showed some character development plus her scenes I liked a lot. third surprisingly was Sam. While she was my least favorite female in the series, I have to tip my hat to the creators seeing as you actually made your game's version of Sam likable in my eyes and even though she had the least hentai content of the group the way she was done here was so refreshing. And in last place which surprised me the most was Star. While her path did have some interesting twists (one of them confirming one of my theories to kudos for that) She had to be what Canon Sam would say to about Paulina "AKA the rudest and most mean spirited of the girls" Not to mention the biggest of users out of all for dates. At least Paulina despite being someone mean spirited actually cared about Danny Phantom's feelings and actually as pointed out showed some character development. Star however had little to none of that.

All in all I enjoyed the content of this update, and can't wait for the next episode.

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
On another note for those asking for an incest path I have to ask why? If what I am reading as well as seeing in the story is correct Danny will eventually be in some way or form getting balls deep into both Maddie and eventually Jazz. The next chapter is going to be heavily focused on Maddie if what I read is accurate.

Silf

Nov 14, 2018
in this update There is only up to episode 5? because the game ends in the dance as in version v0.4.2.

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
in this update There is only up to episode 5? because the game ends in the dance as in version v0.4.2.
Right, but we added Paulina and Star's route on the dance. Personally, I thought GZone was going to list it as v0.4.3, but he just thought it best to put it as v0.5.1. Guess a little miscommunication there, but at least going forward, there should be consistency in the episodes and the game versions now. Looking on the bright side anyway!

Silf

Nov 14, 2018
Right, but we added Paulina and Star's route on the dance. Personally, I thought GZone was going to list it as v0.4.3, but he just thought it best to put it as v0.5.1. Guess a little miscommunication there, but at least going forward, there should be consistency in the episodes and the game versions now. Looking on the bright side anyway!
Thank you very much friend. You got me out of doubt, I was very confused.

jughead004

Donor
Sep 19, 2017
real talk, Desiree was the one girl I always liked back when I used to watch this shit on TV. Goddamn this thing did her justice lol

3.70 star(s) 59 Votes