Ren'Py - Amnesia [v0.98a] [Super Alex]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Quantendom

Decent Renders and a fair share of different women. The freeroam is ok for the most part and the story itself is intriguing.
    The poor review has two components:
    1. MC is quite unlikeable. Even when given a choice, he acts like a 14 year old horny creepy teenager in every available option.
    2. Girlfriend cheats on him and admits it to him. MC has now two options, rape her or forgive her and have conventional sex with her. The option to just leave her and never touch her again is not available. That's what most people would do after being cheated on. That scene alone made me delete the game and regret to have ever given money to the dev...
    So it's another NTR game without the NTR tag. If the developer is so eager to let one of the main li cheat on the mc, why not being honest about it and add the proper tag. 2 Stars for the girls and the idea of the story. The rest is just bait with hidden NTR halfway through the story and a horrible written mc.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Bretaninn

Well, what can i say. This game is a rare gem, one of the very few instances, that provides some kind of subtlety in its approach to the erotic content. I love the slow tempo and i wish it would drag on forever, with hundred different scenes for every tiny step for progression.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JPSmith

I've been backing this game on Patreon sporadically, and I believe it's underrated. I've had my frustrations with it too. Initially, updates were slow, then there was a lengthy hiatus while Alex revamped the code and introduced the sandbox feature. As a Russian developer, events in Europe caused more slowdowns, but with a newly formed team and move to another country, updates are now consistent every 2-3 months.

I prefer waiting for at least 3 updates, which translates to a six to nine-month interval. Alex seems to follow cycles with the LIs; if you're waiting for scenes with a particular LI, expect to wait a year. Alex recently mentioned that the supporting character arcs have completed for now, so maybe the LI cycle will be faster.

While there are full penetration scenes with secondary characters, the main LIs have none. Plenty of other really erotic, detailed, and steamy scenes with the LIs, but it's definitely a slow walk with them.

The storyline is gripping, with an intriguing mystery surrounding the MC's memory loss and coma. Each LI has a distinct personality and relationship dynamic with the MC.

The game has the best renders and animations I've seen, they're clearly talented.

Navigating the sandbox and completing quests can be challenging, but nothing a quick forum search will won't solve (though I worry about some of you with your search abilities.)

In summary, despite past frustrations, I've grown to appreciate the game's progress over the last year. It offers an engaging story, satisfying fetishes, and as an intermittent paying supporter, it's a full 5 stars from me.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Ryuukun

I usually rate games while keeping in mind 'amount of time worked on game/content available'.

In "Amnesia"'s case, development has been active for 4 whole years.

4 whole years, and the only actual sex the MC has, isn't even sex, but a rape scene.

Now, the animation is above most of the games out there, I'll give the game that. But 4 years for the content the game has right now is a no no. Because that means that the game, at this rate, won't be completed for the next 10 years.

Now, another thing I actually like, and I find this weird that more people didn't notice this; both roommates have psychological issues, that are actually well represented. One has depression, and the other, whilst not exactly mentionned in game, is clearly bipolar.

But yeah, all the game has for itself right now, is the amazing animation. For the rest, it's empty. And after 4 years, again, no bueno...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

akasubjoe

Just became a Patreon of Super Alex after a single play of this game. It's excellent, particularly the "Free Roam" sections, which are brilliantly done.

The graphics and animations are pure hotness, and the character, dialog are great and witty. The story isn't super-compelling, however -- it's more of a sequence of events and tasks to unlock progressively lewder scenes and bakcstory exposition. Without fixing the relationships between the MC and his "landlady" and "friend" properly to make them what they're obviously are, "mother" and "sister", the game doesn't make any sense at all. Unfortunately there are lots of mistakes in the dialog -- I haven't tried the incest patch, having rolled my own (fixing the numerous places where the relationship is hard-coded wrongly). After doing that, I could get into the game a lot better.
    I play pretty much exclusively femdom games, and despite the MC's pretty dominant behaviour, the few femdom aspects of the game were so good that I enjoyed it a lot.

There's not much branching narrative in this game -- the DOMINANCE flag is basically unused. That's a shame, because I'd like to be able to steer the MC into submission (like in Karlsson's Gambit or Boring Days, for example).

The MC doesn't really have much character transformation, you're basically just solving puzzles and unlocking scenes (amazingly hot scenes). So, althougheven though there's a risk of combinatorial explosion, I think making a dom and sub path for the game would have improved it a lot for me. I'd actually prefer it if scenes were determined more by the DOMINANCE flag.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

kingbaan

*spoiler* that belly dancing scene was the best visual novel animation i've ever seen. best looking mother i've seen in visual novel. it's a shame i have to wait for an update i'm excited. bookmarked.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Tuungi

Its pretty alright for a non english dev.
    Grammar and language bugs are consistent.
    Random scenes just have Russian subtitles instead of English, and last the entire scene.. Sometimes you have to make choices based on what you learn from the renders themselves, cus like me, you probably don't understand Russian.
    Its a hooptie hoop, trying to figure out what to do next in this sandbox game. I believe if the Walkthrough mod was better, it could pass as a game to check out.
    Models are great, renders are great, the plot is great, the writing is a bit off, but the banter is nice.

I have yet to finish this game, since it just seems more of a hassle to play than to fully enjoy.

How to fix this (for dev):
    Get yourself a proof reader, and translator.
    Either get the guy who made the Walkthrough to polish it, or make a walkthrough yourself.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Gorp006

Good models, decent game. A bit on the usual tropes, but the girls are hot, so it's worth playing. Play with Mods to make it easier to know what to do next and avoid the random clicking around to figure out what to do.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Queen Carmel

i am not sure what to even say about this game, it is so bad i can not believe this even came out, let alone how steam ever allowed it to be on there.
    first the MC gets raped, what if you reverse those roles and teh MC raped a female, all hell would break loose, but guess when it's the male getting raped it's fine. the fact that some sickos even give this 5 stars is even more disturbing than the scene itself.
    and the funny (ironic type funny) thing here is the rape scene isn't even the worst part of the writing. amnesia is an adult visual novel without very much actual adult content, what the actual fuck. the story reads like it was written by a child who just figured out that their dick is not just for pssing out of. considering the amount of jerking scenes in this game, that is highly likely the case, not much sex, so again it adds up.
    free roam is in this game, and like every other vn that has free roam, it is tedious pointless, and should not be part of the game, normally I would say the characters are a saving grace, but that isn't the case here, the look very generic and boring, and every other vn i have played, even the shit ones have better looking characters than this.
    I haven't even mentioned yet how each update that takes an era by the way, adds very little content. this game is a lost cause, I hate to say it, but the best thing the dev can do with this game is abandon it and move on.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

He Game

I don't have anything to say because this game is something else, this game deserve more then five star, five star isn't enough for this game.

Hey @Super Alex keep going your are the best.

I have nothing to say great job
  11. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

There is so much to like with this game. The graphics are great, animation is great and the story is pretty good. Okay... so there is the overdone amnesia trope, but it holds it's own.

The problem for me are all the free roams. I just hate them. I don't mind an occasional one but every time the story starts to take off, you have to stop and wander aimlessly around with only a few vague hints to help you. I kind of like finding the images, but you don't need free roam to do that and I like the physical mini game interactions so I don't mind some gamification, but f the free roaming or reduce the number of them.

If you can get past the roaming, underneath it is a solid story with great animation and renders.

It's worth a download.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Brok TheDog

Test carried out on version 0.97a. After 4 years of development, the game is still as poor in events on the 3 main women. One only has blowjob on sleeping, and the other has a masturbation scene and the other has absolutely nothing. Honestly, I expected it a bit, this designer never finished 100% of his first games.
    So why would he progress correctly on that if, or he will probably also abandon the secondary quests in the middle. I therefore advise future players not to waste their time on a game that will most certainly never be finished, or perhaps it will be in 50 years.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Bfrop

I skipped a year worth of update to realize, from its management to its execution; That "game" suck balls (lol i wish)
    It never delivers, seems to go nowhere and the more it goes on the less there is to it. To this day it amount to a staggering 6 gigabits of "Almost There" and fluffs.
    When does that game gets good?
    His last game was a model of how kill any kind of commitment from the player and that one isn't different.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Bmagada

Strong story, some of the hottest models for characters I have ever seen, and the sex animations are top tier. The game however is the very definition of a slow burn. As of 97a hes had three real sex scenes, one having two variations, and a handful of almost sex with one of the two sisters and the mom and after 4 years its getting a bit slow. However, not knowing this dudes life or his financial situation, I'm not here to judge, because hes still releasing some of the best looking stuff.

This last update is probably the best so far with not only a full arc for a girl, but more than one sexual scene with her. Once again though, these updates come slow and since its one guy its understandable with the quality. I'm glad he's still trying to push through and make great stuff.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

tamert101

I am a big fan of Super Alex's previous game which I really loved and had great expectations for this one. Unfortunately he did not deliver to date. There is no real progress in the story for a few updates and it's getting kind of boring.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Knyazev

The progress of development is too slow, the game quality is good, but I've skipped 4 updates already, and according to the reviews, it looks like I haven't missed anything. The developer is literally taking advantage of his audience by blueballing them.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

seanconnery

Oh I had such hopes for this game in the beginning but progress has completely slowed to a crawl and gameplay has changed into a tedious unrewarding grind.
    What a shame that such beautiful models are wasted on this game.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Staerin

This is not the ground breaking story telling that some have implied, but it is also not the garbage others have stated. For renders I'd call it above average. For dialogue and story telling about average. Alternative choices, seem mostly non-existent so the main path is the only path. But that's a story teller choice and not really unusual in these games anyway, so that probably counts as average as well

Overall I'd call this slightly above average
  19. 2.00 star(s)

jerichodowns

This game has a very weird transition from kinetic VN to sandbox. It doesn't feel like it makes much sense and really drags.

Once it transitions to sandbox, man, talk about grindy drag. A mod and/or walkthrough is a must, because the gating doesn't make sense at all, and even with the help it will still be frustrating. The "steps" you have to walk through don't really feel like character/relationship progression, just annoying hoops. And the "fun stuff" is REAL few and far between.

The characters are attractive, and there are some hot moments, but I would honestly recommend giving this game a pass until the dev has a chance to rewrite/rework for balance and player enjoyment, because its mostly not fun/entertaining now.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

thegrindisreal

Quit the game when the MC stole Elena's gift certificate...There's just so much BS I can tolerate till I'm done. This happens rarely.
    What is the other BS you ask?
    Complete inconsistency in the whole game. Every god damn step.
    The MC wakes up from a coma. Surprise, surprise! He doesn't remember a thing! Turns out he was a complete creep before that. Molested his family and everything. Till someone gave him a whack on the head. Now he can redeem himself for the hardships his family had to go through, because of him...Except he goes back to being a complete creep again...

-The first few days he behaves like a complete mute, not knowing anything and being reserved towards everybody...Except instantly he behaves like the biggest asshole towards Elena. I mean IMMEDIATELY, STRAIGHT OF THE BAT. He turns from a recluse to being a bigger bitch then Elena herself! "I will have my revenge on Elena! mwahahaha!" Who the hell talks like that!! ?Seriously!! The mentality of a 12 year old!!!
    Ask yourself, is that normal for a person who just woke up, after one year from a coma?

-Too much repeating dialog. the dev keeps repeating himself. Most of the sentences carry the same message. How the MC wants to help the family, how Kate is so sad, how the mom is over worked, why Elena is being the way she is...bla bla bla...
    +The chemistry between MC and Elena during the laptop repair was kinda positive.
    -The decision to go from VN to sandbox is questionable. Instantly the game turns into a skip button simulator. The flow of the game is then decided by events that happen only during a specific day of the week. During that time the MC doesn't do anything. He doesn't work, learn, go to the gym, he doesn't even clean his god damn room. Instead he guilt trips Kate into it...WTF

-For all our deranged behavior the dev gifts us with this UI on the mobile phone. What I found surprising is the lack of the conditions we have to meet in order to unlock those...Hello? Then the only content we unlock is for the nurse?! WHY?! Why would you do that!! The whole game you make is about the mom and two sisters, yet you give us the nurse?! Bruh...
    THEN!!! ON TOP OF THAT!!! The content for them is limited to just two or three lackluster unlocks! Talk about inconsistency!!! we unlock the garter which we can't even see!
    -I don't condone the Rei content...This is a fantasy game...Yet when we got the 500$ and bought the drier and wash machine...We don't see it. We don't get the reward...The game deflates itself immediately after the best scene so far which was the BDSM scene with Rei.
    -Then we start the Kate and Elena content. Rei scene happened after just five days, but everything else takes too long. I understand establishing the relationship in the family, yet when I look in the gallery screen I think the dev has his priorities wrong....

-I think the biggest downside is the writing. Especially the oblivious MC. He is just to dumb. That's the reality...Stealing the gift certificate is one of the most incompetent developer decisions I have seen in a patreon sex games. Why the hell just not find a job, work and buy a new gift for Kate?! Like everybody else does! After all the whining we had to read, about the over worked mom and sad sisters, he steals something?! The MC keeps contradicting himself.

-I managed to spot what discourages me the most in the game. The MC actually revels in thinking like a creep. He wants to perv on his sisters and mom, and enjoys plotting what he will do to them...The more I experienced the game the more repulsive it felt...

-The story takes too long. Keep in mind four years have passed. Now compare the game to any other.
    +The idea behind the game is interesting, but the dev focused on the wrong things. Incest, sleep creep, molesting. Those aren't in demand anymore.
    Midnight Paradise just got nuked from Patreon for such content.
    The MC could have made initiatives towards fixing the bad atmosphere in his household. Fixing his relationship with Eva. Becoming a photographer and helping Elena. Earn money to put Kate through college. He could've unlocked evil memories of the past as sex scenes. Build guilt and work towards bettering himself. Then the girls would reward him in all honesty with new good sex scenes. Instead the MC steals things and keeps being a perv.
    - By the way...What the hell was that scene in the hospital. Our mom and some ugly old perv watched the nurse jerking the MC :HideThePain::WaitWhat:"Move over nurse. Let me show you how it's done." as the old men grips the young man's cock, mom's smile just gets brighter. While looking into the doctor's lecherous eyes, the gaming community just whispers in terror..."four years for that"...