3.40 star(s) 191 Votes

Aramir

May 2, 2018
View attachment 1724676721868.webp

How to create an interesting character?

Ayer

Working on character development for the Visual Novel is one of the most important factors in its success. A good hero/heroine is a quality symbiosis between the work of an artist and a writer. Today we will tell you what principles we rely on when creating characters for the game Amnesia.

First of all, it is important to choose the archetype. The game has a very big variation of players by countries and ages. That's why the game's character set should be universal, so everyone can find something interesting. Some people like a strict and bossy ‘milf’, and some like a modest young student.

Of course, we have to operate within the framework of the genre, so the archetypes in many games are repeated. However, we try to fill a given archetype with interesting personal qualities. To do this, we turn to the classics! For example, when creating Alexandra, some of her character traits were taken from Atticus from ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’, as well as from the main character of the novel ‘Mother’ by M. Gorky. At this stage, the hero acquires his character, manner of speech, personality traits and background. Including sexual preferences.

After the character acquires individual traits that distinguish him from other characters in the game, as well as from characters within the archetype, we start working on the creation of his appearance. It is important that the appearance, mannerisms, habits, and style of clothing correspond to the character's personality traits. The work of the artist is not easy at all. He has to digest the script and imagine what the character should look like, and then bring it to life on the screen!

In the final stage, we’re focused on weaving the invented character into the story, writing his/hers way of interacting with the main character and the rest of the characters in the game.

We try to make your game experience interesting and the game's characters really fall in love with the player. Write in the comments who you think is the most interesting character in the game.

Reactions: Enot1964

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
not ringing any bells unless that is that girl who mc helped at hospital.

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Man, I dropped this game way back. Saw it pop back up and jumped back in. Man I love Alexandra and Kate. Glad to see some progress with content at least even if it didnt feel like a ton from the last time I played

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
... and by using unren they can be extracted.
Creating a lot of screenshots or a video is really just work for nothing.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
Bonus Scenes?
I have the first 3 on my phone - all visible and playable. I am told there are 7 so far, so I am missing 4.
I don't seem to be able to scroll down on my phone to see 4 - 7, so how do I earn them or find them?
Any help much appreciated.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Bonus Scenes?
I have the first 3 on my phone - all visible and playable. I am told there are 7 so far, so I am missing 4.
I don't seem to be able to scroll down on my phone to see 4 - 7, so how do I earn them or find them?
Any help much appreciated.
do you play modded version?

3.40 star(s) 191 Votes