VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Amorous Professor Cherry Remastered [v1.0] [ZyX]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Nightwayne

I don't ask for much, and it caters to all the fetishes/interests I look for:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I chose the sex route ending (Harem Ending).

This game is considered a classic for a reason. There are many scenes, character designs are good, and there aren't significant issues with the VN.

The female characters each have their charm, but my favorite character is the titular character Cherry. She is hot, submissive, and affectionate. Kiyoka (Childhood Friend) is a little crazy about her crush on the main character but ultimately makes her actions from her deep affection towards the main character. Mamiko ("Free-Sprited" Teacher) is the laid-back teacher that is open with her sexuality and inevitably is what helps Cherry become more willing to have a romance with the main character.

This VN had everything I expected/wanted from a VN. Highly recommend.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

JAST is on a roll with their remasters of their boomerge collection. This time it's a classic that everyone knows and loves: Amorous Professor Cherry.

I don't know about you, but I never had any teachers that were anywhere near as hot as Cherry here. Most of them were boomers fast approaching the retirement age. As such I can't say that I could identify with the MC here.

Let's say a few words about him: his name is Koikawa Kouta and he's reeeeeeeeaaaalllly into his history teacher, Chieri Hase. Well, that's about it. Can't say anything more than a few words about him because he is a your typical generic character that is specifically design to help you better self-insert.

But you're not here for this doofus. You're here for the gals.

The main one is, of course, Chieri herself, who is, like I said before, Kouta's history teacher. And to think my history teacher looked just like a UB out of an NTR hentai. :sigh: I just feel like I wasted my highschool years. Coincidentally she also likes the MC back. Now you might be thinking to yourself: that is totally inappropriate behavior for a teacher to have! But wait! She actually has a reason for it. He reminds her of her dead brother. Look, it's hentai ok? What did you expect?

I will be honest with you. I did not like Chieri very much. My main problem with her is that, for the most part, she is extremely docile and submissive. It's not that I don't understand the appeal, I also think women should be submissive, but Chieri takes it to another level. It's like she can't even breathe if Kouta doesn't give her the permission. I just did not find her behavior attractive at all. There are a few moments later down the line during some of the routes where she begins to act like she's her own person, but I felt that these moments were few and far between. But who knows, I'm sure there will be many out there who will appreciate her more than I do.

The other main love interest is Kouta's classmate, Kiyoka Yorii. You can probably tell what her personality is like just by looking at her. Kiyoka was a little bit better, simply for the fact that she is actually proactive during the story. She is completely obsessed with Kouta and will chase him around whenever she gets the opportunity. She's kind of a bitch, as you can tell by her design, and she does some questionable things during some of the routes, but I liked her a bit more than I liked Chieri.

The last bitch that you get to shag is your math teacher, Mamiko Kanai. And let me tell you son, this ho belongs to THE STREETS! She likes helping the male students relieve their stress and help them ascend into manhood, if you know what I mean. She's Chieri's best friend and will be her wingman in seducing Kouta. Probably best girl overall, except that I find her hair style very ugly. It looks like seaweed or something. Anyway moving on.

The last notable character is your best buddy Shigeaki Yoda. Wait, there's a named dude other than the MC in this eroge? Well yeah, and he's your typical goofy best friend. He is also head over heels for Kiyoka. Kinda felt sorry for cucking him to be honest, but that's the fate of all male side characters in harem eroge. Please don't hate me, Shigeaki.

Now as for the story, its structure is a bit different from what I've normally seen in eroge from this era. Basically the main route splits in two at a certain point, but then it converges again after a while. After that you have a series of several short ending routes. There are a lot of choices that you can make, some flavor, others crucial, so there's a nice balance between the two, just how I like it. I think that you're going to have to use a walkthrough if you wish to unlock the entire gallery. Some routes are more serious, some are just for laughs. Good news is that there is also a harem ending, which always makes me happy.

There are a TON of H-scenes, so if you're just here for the pron you've come to the right place. The developers wanted to cast a wide net, so the fetishes range from vanilla wholesome to chocolate shit (literally). You can see the tags for yourself. As was standard with these ZyX titles, there are about a dozen or so animated scenes. The animation quality is decent, but just think of how much more amazing these games would be if all of the H-scenes were animated!

Overall the art quality is decent, save for the fact that the character's faces look very samey, but that's to be expected from this artist. Not knocking on the guy (or gal) but at after a certain point you start to notice.... This remastered version comes with upscaled graphics which look nice and crisp, as well as a remastered OST, however the songs aren't that memorable so it's whatever for me. More importantly the game can now be run without a hitch on Windows, Linux, & Mac. I ran it natively on Linux and encountered zero issues.

The controls are good, meaning that I could set the text speed perfectly to my linking. There is also the option to extract every CG and store it locally. Why this isn't an industry standard is beyond me. The one missing feature is that the already read text isn't highlighted, but it's par on course with eroge from that era unfortunately.

Overall is Amorous Professor Cherry Remastered worth your time? That depends on how much you enjoy the teacher fetish and how much you like Chieri as a character. I can't say that I am a fan of either so I won't score this too high. Still, the production values are quite high and JAST has done another great job with the remaster so I'm not going to put it down too much.

Verdict: 3 stars. Good, but not essential. A decent addition to any boomer coomer's collection. Fans of teachers will probably enjoy this one a lot.