Ren'Py - Amy's Ecstasy [v0.50 Final] [GilgaGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Adultress

My god, this game is terribly designed. So much of the "interaction" is meaningless busywork (e.g. every day has the same "click on closet, take off clothes, click on bed, go to sleep, click on closet, put on clothes, leave room" cycle and it adds nothing to the experience), and the game is really bad at communicating what you're supposed to do and how you're supposed to interact with the world. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing after I accept the teacher's job offer. Even something as simple as exiting a room requires madly clicking around hoping to find whatever arbitrary lump of pixels the dev has designated as the exit. Just use an arrow button! Honestly, I have no idea why this is a sandbox game. It does absolutely nothing interesting with it.

Another baffling creative decision is swapping POV. The way it has been implemented results in you somehow controlling multiple characters whilst having no real agency for any of them.

Take Amy's first interaction with Mr Harrison. You start the scene as Amy but soon find yourself controlling Mr Harrison instead. You're given a choice over whether or not he'll make a move on Amy (which turns out to be pulling his cock out and rubbing himself on her butt). Now, because his insane gambit obviously fails, the dev throws you a bone and rewinds time to allow you to rethink your decision. In effect, you go through this scene nominally controlling two characters but make decisions for precisely none of them.

A competent storyteller would instead stick to one perspective. Since the game is supposed to be Amy's story, she makes for the obvious pov character. Have the randy neighbour come in and make a move on her (though preferably something a little more subtle than getting his cock out for a girl he just met) and let the player decide how Amy responds.