golgo13

Feb 2, 2017
how do you get calista's panties?
I would like to know that as well
You get them from the dresser in her room late at night when she is working at the front desk.

This game takes a lot of frustrating trial and error to achieve any of the quests. I ground through it, but then I went ahead and deleted the game. The renders are nice and the premiss seems interesting, so I may check it out again at some future point, assuming it continues to be developed. However, if the play remains the current fairly unclear "find the key" type of game, then it will not be game I personally would enjoy.

Reactions: tesugepe

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Some hot tips for improvements:

1: No one likes to run around with out a plan, and just trying stuff over and over to get a different reaction.
Try and perhaps set a "!" on people that have some new dialog, or that will move the story forward. This goes for both the room pictures, and the characters them self.
Same with the search function.

2: If its going to be a pixel hunter game, the same thing applies there. Set a "!" above items that you can click, or you need to click to move the story. Cos otherwise its EXTREMELY annoying having to scan every environment for objects that might be clickable.
An alternative to this, if you dont want them to be super obvious, is a really helpfull hint system with a hint to where to find an item. Like for example: I should probably find out what Chloe have been texting about, she normally keeps her phone on her all the time tho. Maybe i can steal it when she is in the shower?
Or another one: I shouldnt search trough Chloes room when she is around, I need to find a time of the day when she is bussy,. Perhaps i can search her room when she is in the shower?
Or something like that!

3: Do not advance time, for interactions with people that dont do anything!
Trying to find out what to do, and every time you try to talk to someone, you get a none answer, and a movement of time. Is really annoying. This in combination with point 4, is really a nightmare for sandbox games tbh.

4: Enable rollback! Easy as that, without it, especially sandbox games are just super annoying.

5: The 2 talk/search buttons are up in the corner, it would be better if after clicking a character, at least the talk button ended up in the middle of the screen. This is a minor one, but it makes navigating the game a lot easier.
Using a lot of screen real estate on the sides for buttons is good for visuals, but it can be really annoying to navigate.
There is a reason why many games try and bring your dialog buttons, to the center of the screen.

6: A walkthrough, or a really good in game hint system. (This ties in to point 2. Cos it needs to be easy, if you dont want to go down the "!" route)
The important part of a good hint system in game tho, is that it needs to be easy and quick to navigate. No more than 3 preferably 2 clicks to see the hints.
A lot of games fail at this and have great hint systems, but you need to do 5-7 clicks on your phone to get to them.
Like for example: Mobile phone - Hint app - Girls - Quests - Chloe. And then you need to hit back in the bottom corner to click on the next girl. This is no bueno!
Best is to have a separate icon for hints, (thats on the main screen) and then just pictures of all the girls as icons on a screen, and you click one to get a hint.

7: You write, that there is going to be a lot of incest. Just dont forget about Patreon TOS. You need to have a patch or some system for the game, so its not incest enabled for patreon downloads. Or you WILL have issues, sooner or later!

The cardinal sin of sandbox games, is grind, and trying to stretch content. By making stuff hard to play, or having people guessing where to go, what to do and such.

I honestly only played your game for 10min, not cos dialogs where bad, not cos story or renders where bad.
It was 100% the way the sandbox was built!
I cant comment on the game it self really, but these things needs to be better, for people to actually want to find out.
Not trying to be mean, cos i understand you put a lot of effort down, and its a first release. But these things are HUGELY important for the success of a sandbox game.

Good luck!
I can only agree with this.

But dear dev its not that your game is bad but it needs some QoL things to make it really enjoyable.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Some hot tips for improvements:

1: No one likes to run around with out a plan, and just trying stuff over and over to get a different reaction.
Try and perhaps set a "!" on people that have some new dialog, or that will move the story forward. This goes for both the room pictures, and the characters them self.
Same with the search function.

2: If its going to be a pixel hunter game, the same thing applies there. Set a "!" above items that you can click, or you need to click to move the story. Cos otherwise its EXTREMELY annoying having to scan every environment for objects that might be clickable.
An alternative to this, if you dont want them to be super obvious, is a really helpfull hint system with a hint to where to find an item. Like for example: I should probably find out what Chloe have been texting about, she normally keeps her phone on her all the time tho. Maybe i can steal it when she is in the shower?
Or another one: I shouldnt search trough Chloes room when she is around, I need to find a time of the day when she is bussy,. Perhaps i can search her room when she is in the shower?
Or something like that!

3: Do not advance time, for interactions with people that dont do anything!
Trying to find out what to do, and every time you try to talk to someone, you get a none answer, and a movement of time. Is really annoying. This in combination with point 4, is really a nightmare for sandbox games tbh.

4: Enable rollback! Easy as that, without it, especially sandbox games are just super annoying.

5: The 2 talk/search buttons are up in the corner, it would be better if after clicking a character, at least the talk button ended up in the middle of the screen. This is a minor one, but it makes navigating the game a lot easier.
Using a lot of screen real estate on the sides for buttons is good for visuals, but it can be really annoying to navigate.
There is a reason why many games try and bring your dialog buttons, to the center of the screen.

6: A walkthrough, or a really good in game hint system. (This ties in to point 2. Cos it needs to be easy, if you dont want to go down the "!" route)
The important part of a good hint system in game tho, is that it needs to be easy and quick to navigate. No more than 3 preferably 2 clicks to see the hints.
A lot of games fail at this and have great hint systems, but you need to do 5-7 clicks on your phone to get to them.
Like for example: Mobile phone - Hint app - Girls - Quests - Chloe. And then you need to hit back in the bottom corner to click on the next girl. This is no bueno!
Best is to have a separate icon for hints, (thats on the main screen) and then just pictures of all the girls as icons on a screen, and you click one to get a hint.

7: You write, that there is going to be a lot of incest. Just dont forget about Patreon TOS. You need to have a patch or some system for the game, so its not incest enabled for patreon downloads. Or you WILL have issues, sooner or later!

The cardinal sin of sandbox games, is grind, and trying to stretch content. By making stuff hard to play, or having people guessing where to go, what to do and such.

I honestly only played your game for 10min, not cos dialogs where bad, not cos story or renders where bad.
It was 100% the way the sandbox was built!
I cant comment on the game it self really, but these things needs to be better, for people to actually want to find out.
Not trying to be mean, cos i understand you put a lot of effort down, and its a first release. But these things are HUGELY important for the success of a sandbox game.

Good luck!
@AmyHogan I think the game definitely have a potential and the premise is quite interesting, at least to say. But I will have to concur with @z2lid on all of the issues highlighted in the post, the game definitely needs lot of work as I feel like I was lost throughout the game with little to no direction at all.

I would encourage you to not take this as a major setback but look at it as a constructive feedback from which you can learn what are the major issues with the way the game is designed and see how you can fix them before you develop it any further.

That being said, again, I think this game has a potential that can be futher realized if these issues highlighted by z2lid are resolved before any further development. I will be keeping my eyes on this game in future.

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Well, it's in a language I can't understand and no way to change it to English....
To change Language -- 2 of MC at start page one on sofa and one on chair. Hover over them and click -- they are wearing flags. Took me awhile to figure that out... Example -- A. This is WHY this DAM game needs a walk-thru!!! WTF!
And yr Welcome Hunter

golgo13

Feb 2, 2017
You get the fertilizer by talking to your sister (the one with the short blonde hair and tattoos) in the gym. You need the key to get into the gym to talk to her. Once you talk with her, the next step is the panty quest where you have to get your other sister's (the one with the long dark hair that the priest was hitting on) panties.

HorribleTrain

Jun 5, 2017
Gym key is in the basement fertilizer I have no clue
You get the fertilizer by talking to your sister (the one with the short blonde hair and tattoos) in the gym. You need the key to get into the gym to talk to her. Once you talk with her, the next step is the panty quest where you have to get your other sister's (the one with the long dark hair that the priest was hitting on) panties.
Thanks for the help!

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
These are instructions to run this on Linux (something similar may be required for mac)

Bash:
mkdir LustHotel
cd LustHotel
unzip ../Lust_Hotel_0.1.zip
cd game

g=nwjs-v0.37.3-linux-x64
wget https://dl.nwjs.io/v0.37.3/$g.tar.gz
tar xzf $g.tar.gz
for f in $g/*; do
[ -e "${f#$g/}" ] && mv "${f#$g/}"{,_}
done
mv $g/* .

# attempt to fix load/save buttons (they are not shown by default)
cd resources/Graphics/Pictures
ln -s msg-diamond-small-off{_,}.png
ln -s msg-diamond-small-on{_,}.png
ln -s Prompt_Confirm_SaveLoad.png prompt_confirm_saveload.png
ln -s message_caret.png Message.png
ln -s Prompt_Yes_Idle.png Prompt_yes_idle.png
ln -s Prompt_No_Idle.png Prompt_no_idle.png
ln -s Prompt_No_Hover.png prompt_no_hover.png
ln -s Prompt_Yes_Hover.png Prompt_yes_Hover.png
ln -s Settings_Hover.jpg settings_hover.jpg
ln -s Settings_Idle.jpg settings_idle.jpg
ln -s Prompt_Quit.png prompt_quit.png
ln -s {c,C}ollege_01.jpg
ln -s {c,C}ollege_02.jpg
ln -s {r,R}estaurant_Calista_01.jpg
ln -s {r,R}estaurant_Greta_01.jpg
ln -s {r,R}estaurant_Sybil_01.jpg
ln -s {c,C}ollege_aula_01.jpg
cd -

# fix strange bug upon loading game
sed -i '8640i\
if (values[0] && !GameManager.variableStore.numbersByDomain[values[0]]) {\nvalues[0] = 0;\n}' \
data/SCRIPTS.js

#start game with ./nw
Looks promising. Going to college does not increase time and clicking piano/computer/closet in sybil's room does without further dialogue, which seems a bit odd.

michi04

May 14, 2018
can someone tell me why this game is in italian, i can not speak this language unfortunately. does anyone have english for me or how can i stop the language? Thank you very much

Where can I find the two women on the couch to be able to adjust the language, so it's no fun if you do not know what you click.

• Haha
Reactions: Drew49th

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
The filed should be Game/resources/Graphics/Pictures/lingua_01.jpg and lingua_02.jpg, the last one is for English, when you hoover over her.

If the images are not present maybe something went wrong with downloading or extracting the zip?

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I went through every room, and clicked on everything I could see, and couldn't get anything to happen. I see no walkthrough, anywhere. I deleted the game. Without a walkthrough, this game seems like it has way too much to accomplish, for me to just be guessing my way through it.
Pros: Hot little redhead...she's a slut...decent artwork.
Cons: guessing game, no walkthrough
The game is only in an early version, anyway...so, I'll check back at a future date and see how it's improved.

Reactions: tesugepe

michi04

May 14, 2018
have now been able to change the language, have not noticed it at the beginning, the two flags.
can anyone help me, how the game works, is there any guidance?
thank you for your help.

Reactions: NorthernGent

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
can someone tell me why this game is in italian, i can not speak this language unfortunately. does anyone have english for me or how can i stop the language? Thank you very much

Where can I find the two women on the couch to be able to adjust the language, so it's no fun if you do not know what you click.
at the start of the game, just click on the girl wearing the english flag

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
I went through every room, and clicked on everything I could see, and couldn't get anything to happen. I see no walkthrough, anywhere. I deleted the game. Without a walkthrough, this game seems like it has way too much to accomplish, for me to just be guessing my way through it.
Pros: Hot little redhead...she's a slut...decent artwork.
Cons: guessing game, no walkthrough
The game is only in an early version, anyway...so, I'll check back at a future date and see how it's improved.
I know there's no walkthrought, but for me, I use the accomplishment list to know what I have to find...
It help me to begin the game but it don't help to find how to do it... so need to investigate...

I don't play very much for the moment, but as far as I play, seems there's no time limit.

Hope there will some tips in the next update !

side notes =
- I'm surprise by the "time" logic : Talking to someone spend time, even if there's nothing new to say, but going to school doesn't...
- I don't understand why sleeping or masturbate don't release stress (seems pool doesn't release either even if she said it does). The only way I found was to go to the sauna.

2.00 star(s) 9 Votes