An idea for a game, but I can't work it due to health, so...

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Edit: I forgot to add that since I am unable to go further with the story and if anyone thinks they want to develop it further please feel free to run with it.

Original post:

I've had an idea for a game for a while now. I am not a developer, I was going to write a script. Due to health reasons I really can't get anywhere further but do not want to just abandon it. So if you want to go with and make a game out of it feel free. I wanted it to be VN (something like Being a dik or depraved awakenings in regards to graphics and basic gameplay) if that matters to you. It's a story focused game, so no points collecting or whatever, just the choices you make from the perspective of the Male MC with occasionally switching to female MC for story sake and an occasional choice she needs to make.

2 Young people. Their early twenties. Male and female.
They have been best friends since early childhood and are very comfortable around each other.
He is a romantic, reserved kind of person. He is not shy but he prefers intimate things to happen intimately. He'll give a passionate kiss in public or a bit of flirting but that's pretty much as far as he would go in public.
She on the other hand is a bit more open and carefree and does get somewhat turned on (not full on take me right here and now horny, just a bit excited. She is not an exhibitionist.) when people see her making out in public or being flirty. And she very often flirts with MC in public to try to get a rise (wink wink) out of him. It's just a bit of fun and they are both fine with it.
But she starts to take it further and further when they go to college. The hyper sexualized college atmosphere gets to her, I guess. And she pushes the boundary with overtly trying to get him hard in public and making jokes about it to others in front of him. (Flashing him her panties, grabbing his crotch and so on.) He at first brushes it off and thinks that it's probably just due to so much sexual tension at the college and sometimes plays along. But he starts to grow tired of it. One day while they were studying in the park near their dorm (they were sitting on the grass facing each other). She was wearing one of those short summer skirts (forgot what they called but they are usually made out of light cotton and are the ones that often fly up with a bit of breeze) and was sitting with her legs crossed so it was not hard to see her panties. He has seen her in her underwear and seen her naked before but there was never anything sexual there. At one point she asks him loudly while there were a couple of people passing by if he liked her panties and would he like to feel what they are like to the touch. It was a weird comment even for her. He was kind of shocked actually. That evening he decided to ask her what was that all about. He finally tells her that he is getting tired of her ever increasing teasing and she needs to stop. They get in an argument with her saying that it's just a bit of fun and he should lighten up and him saying that she is going overboard with it and it's not fun for him. While at the height of the argument they both say some really hurtful things to each other (there should be some revelation* here at the end of the argument that ends the argument with them both being shocked, but remember that HE (MC) is not in love with her (he is but he does not realize this until later in the game if you make that choice). She, on the other hand, might have a bit of a feeling for him but is not sure) and he decides to leave. The fight was bad enough that both avoid each other as much as they can. He switches dorms. But slowly she starts to realize that she does in fact have feeling for him and decides to try to win him back. MC misses her but what she told him at the end of their fight was just too painful and made him believe that she does not actually care about him at all.

And this is where the actual story begins.

About a month before the fight he started seeing a girl so he spends a lot of time with her. MC's now ex best friend is not dating anyone and despite her outward appearance of being sexually care free she is a virgin and, aside from occasionally flicking her bean she does not do anything and is not interested all that much in it or anyone. But now, couple of weeks after the fight, she realizes that her ex best friend was the reason why she never paid attention to boys all that much. She loves him and wants him back. But how?

This is a story about two people. Her trying to win him and is played through his eyes, but with occasionally switching to her purely for purpose of knowing what she is planning and how his reactions to her actions affect her and her plan (occasionally you do need to make choices for her as well that should have an impact on whether he gets closer to realizing he does love her). There must not be typical cliche bullshit about a girl deciding to date someone in order to make a guy jealous (she knows it won't work), no NTR bullshit, she knows that dressing up and acting like cheap whore is also not going to attract him, in all honesty he actually finds it repelling. She knows he is a simple, straight forward guy with a romantic and very caring side to him that he only shows to the ones he cares about.

He is very hurt by what she said. But he is not an asshole and does remember all the fine times they had since they were kids and often, specially since the fight, recalls them and it hurts him even more making him more withdrawn from his girlfriend and most other people (for a while at least).

From here on I have not thought of much, yet. And it is becoming harder for me to do so. I was hoping that I would get better health wise, but alas things are actually getting worse. I wanted to make this into a VN with choices that would lead to three endings.

• One ending where their friendship remains broken and he moves on eventually while she does not as during the course of the game she ends up falling deeper and deeper in love with him.
  • Second ending where they do rekindle their friendship, but it's not the same as it was. She really loves him and has very hard time not crossing that boundary. Eventually he moves to a different place, gets married and has a kid (or two whatever you decide). She also moves on. Their friendship slowly dies out. They do meet a couple of decades later, but it feels more like a meeting between people who were barely friends to begin with.
  • Third ending is they do end up together after he slowly realizes that he actually did have feeling for her since they were kids, but he never actually realized it until the fight and her attempts to win him.

* I thought of revelation being something about her and his father. She is a virgin, but something happened and it was not her fault (but the way she told it sounded like it was her that came onto his father). Obviously the revelation also put a massive strain on his relationship with his family as he loved his dad and never thought that his father would cheat on his mother. It is later revealed that she was only taking the blame because she was ashamed of what happened but in actuality his father tried to rape her. Father was not drunk or anything like that, just a pathetic piece of shit. MC confronts his father at some point, after he comes to terms with it himself, and ends up beating his father. His parents divorce.

MC is an average guy. Brown hair, brown eyes. He is about 5 foot 10.He is not a gym rat but since he works part time in a warehouse he is fit. He is not an aggressive guy, but he stands up for himself and those he cares about (even if that person is someone with whom he had a huge painful fight with recently, hint hint). He has a big heart and it does attract people to him and some of the girls. He is from a lower middle class family (they both are).

She is a red head with freckles (Scottish background) and green eyes. She has a bubbly personality outwardly and when amongst friends. But when alone she prefers to read books and just day dream. Sometimes it spills over when she has a conversation with someone and she just blanks out for a moment when a thought catches her. She is a good person, smart. Physically she is not really skinny. Does have a nice jiggly butt and smallish breasts (top of b, I would guess. I can picture her in my head but I am not all that good at describing what I see, sorry.). She is shortish maybe 5 foot 5 or so.

There are other details I thought of but at the moment I am having hard time recalling them. Sorry.

Last edited:

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Honestly, it's not bad. Usually when people throw out story ideas in forums, it's very superficial. You've got a general outline going but your story can use some more details. However, I definitely see the potential in this.

I think what could help the story manifest more is to flesh out more details about the history between the two, as the entire story hinges around them overcoming their disagreements. What could help with this is by creating some deep personal issues each person has that clashes with the other. The moral and the focus of the story will be how those issues are resolved. Or you could have the MC have a core issue and the FMC and the new girl present two different solutions to that problem. The problem is, right now the MC sounds flawless and the FMC looks like the one with growing left to do; this makes it a female protagonist game or a very boring male protagonist one.

The devil's in the details after this point. I would just use a bunch of irony tools to build up fun events in between important plot points that has to do with the FMC trying to creep back into the MC's life without it seeming too obvious.

Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Thanks. That's where I wanted to start. He does look like he is faultless, I was intending to give him a few dark faults that he hides from people, but at times they surface. FMC knows about those faults, but one.
The story was going to be in two parts at first. First them growing up together and how their friendship developed and the struggle that they did have sometimes with their feelings for each other the older they got. Neither could figure out whether they did love each other or were they simply best friends who were simply very close. I later thought that I might do that through some flashbacks they have about each other after the fight. Though I think that them growing up together still could be made into a separate story and also hint at the MC's fathers behavior, but not give it away completely.

Sadly I can't really continue this. I might be able to in my current condition but it will take me very long time and I don't have that luxury anymore.
I forgot to add (and that's one part of my issues) in the original post that if someone wants to take this thing and go with it to make a game then by all means please do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mimir's Lab