HTML - Abandoned - An Ordinary Girl [Part 1(1.1)] [Antiduke]

1. 3.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL,DR = very well written CYOA game (Choose Your Own Adventure). Unfortunately it is only text-based and it is in early development, so not much content.

Story: 3/5
    + The main female character gets acquianced with this dude called Jake. Her sex life will get turned upside down because of him. Story has few paths you can follow.
    - I am undecided about story. On one hand it is very well written. But sadly different paths have different quality:
    A) If main heroine embraces debauchery then her sex escapades with Jake (and other males) are satisfying. This branch of story is good.
    B) But if you dont like Jake and you want to get rid of him, then you will enter terrible nonsense story, where Jake is some sort of creepy stalker and blackmailer, that will somehow have a sex with her. Jake installs a secret camera at her apartment, blackmails her, calls her a bitch, sends her naked pictures to her coworker. In turn she reports him to police, but despite all of the that she somehow ends up forgiving him and meeting him again for sex. LOL. I was asking myself "WTF?!!". This branch of story is very very bad.
    C) There are some minor branches that are a mix of compromises between the previous two.

Art: 0/5
    - There are no pictures. It is only text. If you dont mind, then you will enjoy story, because it is very well written. But if you need some visual stimulation then this might NOT be for you.

Gameplay: 4/5
    + Game is full choices. Some have bigger impact, some smaller. But sadly no matter how hard you try you cant get rid of Jake (story revolves around heroine and him).
    + There are multiple routes (branches) that you can follow. That's good.
    - Sadly the game is still in early development so routes are not very deep.
    - You will explore each route in around 10-15 minutes (to explore everything you will need around 1 hour combined).

To sum it up:
    It very well written CYOA game. Sadly it is in a early development and therefore too short.
    And like I have said earlier, each route (branch) has different quality. Some routes are really good, while others will only end up making you angry.
    Dont forget it is text only, no pictures.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

allenjohn

Despite lofty claims about meaningful choices and different outcomes I still ended up at extremely familiar end points regardless of my choices. On the one hand this is only the initial release of the game, and perhaps it would be more fair to wait a few updates before chastising it, but on the other hand I don't think it's unreasonable of me to expect what was advertised on the tin.

The game seems as though it's going to revolve around your relationship with a guy named Jake, whom you dated a few times but ultimately are left feeling unsure about come the start of the game. You're given choices to ignore him, placate him, engage in lewd and debauched acts with him, or even report him to the police for planting hidden cameras in your apartment. No matter what you choose, however, Jake will still be there come the end of the current content and you're never given the choice to make him fuck off permanently. You either readily allow him into your life or allow him into your life with a bit of trepidation. Despite ghosting him at the start and calling him a piece of shit later you'll still end this current version of the game with his hands down your pants as you writhe in ecstasy. It's a joke, honestly.

The only reason I'm giving this 2 stars instead of 1 is because it's reasonably well written. The author clearly speaks fluent English and I didn't notice any typos or major grammatical errors. Obviously everything I've complained about here could be changed, this is the very first public version after all, but as it stands the game's overview just felt like false advertising and the "game" was a complete waste of my time.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

stuffity

Ok I never give reviews and usually just play games on here but I just have to review this game. The writing is fantastic. I usually don't like text only games because I tend to skim a lot and lose track of the story here is actually intriguing and very engaging. It has a good blend of many of the kinks I enjoy. I will be watching this game very closely and I hope it becomes one of the more popular games on here because so far it deserves it.

This is also as of version 1.0 part 1.