Others Android apk zip

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Are you unzipping from a PC or phone? If you're using a PC, try 7-Zip. Far better than Winrar. If you're on Android, try ZArchiver. Are you sure the .apk is in a zip file, though? Most android uploads I've seen around here are usually uploaded as an apk, unless they're uploaded with other things with them.

Sagisu

Nov 12, 2017
if you're trying to install it on mobile: most of the times renaming file from xxx.apk.zip to xxx.apk does the trick.

if you're trying to install apk on desktop it won't work unless you have some kind of emulator to do this (dev tools like Android Studio could do the trick), but basically you can open files in it (treating it like a zip package), but you won't run it.

jsquad

Dec 13, 2017
if you're trying to install it on mobile: most of the times renaming file from xxx.apk.zip to xxx.apk does the trick.

if you're trying to install apk on desktop it won't work unless you have some kind of emulator to do this (dev tools like Android Studio could do the trick), but basically you can open files in it (treating it like a zip package), but you won't run it.
Thank you!! I had so many games I wasn't able to play because I didn't know your solution.
Most android games I download are without an apk because of the zip - at least I thought that until now.

JojodoLolo

Jun 5, 2020
You're an absolute legend

Knutkallas

Feb 1, 2021
si vous essayez de l'installer sur mobile : la plupart du temps, renommer le fichier de xxx.apk.zip en xxx.apk fait l'affaire.

si vous essayez d'installer apk sur le bureau, cela ne fonctionnera pas à moins que vous n'ayez une sorte d'émulateur pour le faire (des outils de développement comme Android Studio pourraient faire l'affaire), mais en gros, vous pouvez y ouvrir des fichiers (en le traitant comme un zip), mais vous ne l'exécuterez pas.
[/CITATION]

DarkSoul99

Aug 31, 2018

thanks bruh

keisezr

Jan 26, 2020
any idea how to run windows zip file game like healing touch game in Android
most of game works with joiplay but it's not working

Shizuin

Sep 1, 2022

Thank you so much I was struggling how I do it