Android - hard return after naming dialogue

Chev454

Apr 16, 2018
In several games now, I have had an issue when naming my character at the beginning while playing on my Android phone (1+ 5T). After entering the name, pressing return does nothing.

I have tried different virtual keyboards, and can sometimes make it work by not entering anything and just hitting return, which usually results in a default name.

I've seen other people ask about this in various threads, but no proposed solutions. Does anyone have a workaround?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
A workaraound would be a (finally working) fix for renpy, or the dev of the game caring enough to solve the problem him/herself.
There is nothing you can do unless you know how to mod (if you do, click on the link in my sig).
The only keyboard that is generally known to always work with renpy on android is gboard (google keyboard). I hate it, but for some games I switch to gboard (which is annoying).

Chev454

Apr 16, 2018
A workaraound would be a (finally working) fix for renpy, or the dev of the game caring enough to solve the problem him/herself.
There is nothing you can do unless you know how to mod (if you do, click on the link in my sig).
The only keyboard that is generally known to always work with renpy on android is gboard (google keyboard). I hate it, but for some games I switch to gboard (which is annoying).
Yeah, Gboard is my default, but it was one or two Android updates ago when this started happening, and it's incredibly annoying. I wonder if one of the guys who port all the games over would have an idea.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
There is nothing they can do but to include a enter button in game. That's why I mentioned the link in my sig.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Touch the spacebar key after you type your name, before hitting enter, and it should work.

Reactions: bas