Android

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
I'm getting a Android (OS v.4.4), how do I put games on that after downloading them?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well most of the games will be in a "gameName.apk" file, this file is like an app installer (actually it's just a .zip file with a different extension), the file can be transfered with your USB recharge cable from your PC to the android device (or directly downloaded with the android device) then you tap on the file, it asks you for the necessary permissions the creator has set up, when you accept it will install the app to your device. After the installation was successfull you can delete the .apk file since it will just take away necessary space ;)
If there's no game icon on your "desktop" after the installation, you can go into your usual android menu screen, there should be an icon for the game on the last page ;)

p.S.: Agh, forgot about the install permission thing...
Before you can actually install an app outside of the google play store you'll have to go to your settings and allow external app installations (After tapping on the .apk file it will ask you if you want to allow the installation of an insecure app outside the google play store bla bla ;) So you can just tap on allow right then and there)

Malkav

May 28, 2017
If you like erotic flash games, go to

It is a service where swfchan converts their files to apk for you. You need adobe air on your device to play them though. You can convert yourself, pick a game you like and convert it to apk. (there is a guide on the page)

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
when games get updated, would I have to download/transfer all over again?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Sadly I haven't found a solution to "update" an installed game through another .apk without it deleting the files that are missing in the new .apk.... so as far as I know you can't "merge" like on a mac or something.... so you have to download the whole game again.

If there is a way then I'm sorry but I myself don't know of any way to update i.e. ren'py games on android without downloading the whole game in an .apk file again :(

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Are saves saved or would I have to start all over again?
I can only speak for ren'py games, but no you won't have to start over "IF" you either install the new version (full download) over the old version OR if you can't do that because of disk space reasons you can backup the savegames by browsing to the sdcard/Android/data/ folder, inside this folder "should" be an easy to find folder looking something like this (using ours as an example): com.aslpro3d.wickedchoices if you copy this folder to another location and uninstall the game, you can then reinstall the new version and copy the folder back to have the new game use the old saves... Depends on the savegame compatibility of course. :)