Animating in another software and exporting back to Daz?

dsiajdijaooaifif

Apr 28, 2020
Hi,

I've been trying for weeks now to find a software where I can pose my animations of the Daz character and then send back to Daz again for final touches and rendering. But it's basically impossible to find any easy solution. Do you have any ideas or any guidelines on how to do this?

Softwares that I've tried:

Iclone: Tried to find an export back solution to Daz, didn't find....
Cascadeur: Seems like the best solution for animation, but twist settings doesn't export back to Daz and there's no one with a solution that helps me on this.
Blender: Finally thought that the Diffemorphic would work as an export back function, but somehow some rotations doesn't set up properly when exporting back.

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019

At the end of 2 video the reimport in daz
i dont use cascadeur, but seems very easy.

Last edited:

dsiajdijaooaifif

Apr 28, 2020

At the end of 2 video the reimport in daz
i dont use cascadeur, but seems very easy.
It looks easy, but the twist bones doesn't get exported from Cascadeur. So that tutorial doesn't work.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
It looks easy, but the twist bones doesn't get exported from Cascadeur. So that tutorial doesn't work.
I went through the whole tut once, they have even automated some steps since that tut. I download the free version just to play with it, I moved a foot just to see the process, have to upgrade to premium or some shit to import back into DAZ even if you look at screen and think about importing in DAZ. That and the comments, I thought, nope.

dsiajdijaooaifif

Apr 28, 2020
I went through the whole tut once, they have even automated some steps since that tut. I download the free version just to play with it, I moved a foot just to see the process, have to upgrade to premium or some shit to import back into DAZ even if you look at screen and think about importing in DAZ. That and the comments, I thought, nope.
Yeah, don't buy it unless you want to manual tweak all the twist rotations in Daz afterwards.

Reactions: mickydoo

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019
so not even cascadeur is good, I tried with blender exporting to bhv fbx, but nothing, so I gave up and struggled with the caracter hands and feet wandering around for their shit (per i cazzi loro in italian).
Damn dazstudio
:LOL:

This is called IK, not the ds shit...... :ROFLMAO:
View attachment out.webm

Last edited:
Reactions: dsiajdijaooaifif

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019
ok cascadeur work (the free version)

View attachment z_out.webm

only delete a lot of bones before esport g8 figure
:
all head children, hands children, toe children before export fbx from DAZ.
this reduce the bones in the limits of the cascadeur free version.

a script for delete multiple selected bones is here:

the zip file is attached

rig in cascadeur is automatic nothing to change.
export cascadeur fbx is bit tediuos, but it work

1.jpg

dsiajdijaooaifif

Apr 28, 2020
I have the paid version. But since there is no good guide on rigging it correctly I can't use it. Try to bend the character some more and you will notice that it doesn't work correctly.

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019
I have the paid version. But since there is no good guide on rigging it correctly I can't use it. Try to bend the character some more and you will notice that it doesn't work correctly.
i dont know, i'm new on cascadeur 1 hour lol , need some time to view if is the case.
In my case g8f ring is good whitout change nothig, I have to remove the pectoral node too. lol

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019
Ok after some tests, cascadeur is not for me.
I haven't found how to rotate the bones precisely with numeric input,
the feet still go for a walk, blender is much better at this.
Uninstalled.
However reducing the bones works with the fbx export

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
I just tried cascadeur, following the tutorial Daz has up on YouTube. Apart from it being kind-of tedious to set up a Daz character (especially the FBX export settings), my animation just plain doesn't work coming back into Daz. It's wrong (hip is wrong, feet are sliding, etc.).