Animation Folders

NicholasG

Aug 25, 2019
Are there any folders with in-game animations hidden deep in somewhere in the game folders?
For example,lets take Being a DIK, you can access all the animations in-game just by going BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc - game - images - movies - ep(x) and that's it, you got all the possibly viewable animations in your hands.
But with some games (even games made in ren'py or other engines) I can't find that one folder with animations.
Is that me, so dumb who can't find them, or developers made it hard (or even impossible) to find them?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sometimes those animations could be packed into archives, for example images.rpa (or something) in renpy games, so you need to unpack that firstly (UnRen is useful tool for that), and sometimes there are no video files/animations, and all "animations" are made of images/frames.

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Are there any folders with in-game animations hidden deep in somewhere in the game folders?
For example,lets take Being a DIK, you can access all the animations in-game just by going BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc - game - images - movies - ep(x) and that's it, you got all the possibly viewable animations in your hands.
But with some games (even games made in ren'py or other engines) I can't find that one folder with animations.
Is that me, so dumb who can't find them, or developers made it hard (or even impossible) to find them?
Not really, just that when they compile a game, most games engines have these options to compress, crypt, secure, etc. the content.
It's mostly a way to protect arts/code files (from being stolen, for example).

But it's always possible to access them, using decryption software. You might be able to find them in the correct part of F95.