Daz Animation - Memorize pose of only one body part

SStuntin

Mar 8, 2018
I'm currently working on a sex animation, to be precise I'm using an animation preset with slight adjustments, here's my problem:

I manage to position both characters in a way that the animation looks smooth and realistic, except for one part of the female's body. In my case it's her right hand/arm that isn't in the correct position, the rest of her body is. When I adjust her hand at frame 1, it will reset her pose at the next frame back to where the original animation preset dictates her hand to be. So basically I would have to go through each frame and position her hand in the exact same way I placed it in frame 1 to make the animation look like I want it to be.

Is there any way of making this process easier? I was thinking about just memorizing the pose of one part of her body (right arm), and let the rest of the animation play out normal. However I couldn't find a way of doing this at this point. Is there the possibility to tell the animation to animate just specific parts of the body or is there any other solution to this problem you could think of?

Last edited:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The type of animation I'm sure you're using has a keyframe for every frame on (basically) every bone in the body. So, yes, changing one frame doesn't affect the rest of the frames, because you're only affecting that one keyframe.

One thing you might look at is the mcasual scripts. There's one ( ) that will "unanimate" something - prevent it from being animated. (I don't know if it will work for this particular application or not.) A pair of others ( and ) are useful for animations - you can use mcjAutoLimb to basically do IK-like things.

• Red Heart
Reactions: thocra and SStuntin

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I've used the latter two scripts a lot. One of the neat things you can do with mcjAutoLimb is to create the target in the first frame, and then parent that target to something, then go back and apply the script selecting the target and pole that were created. When you do it this way, the hand or foot will follow the target. For example, think of a hand following a moving butt or something like that - if the target it parented to the pelvis of the other character, the hand will follow even if they're moving. Usually, the hand won't be right, but then you can use mcjKeepOrient to correct that.

Daz's support for IK has gotten better, but this is still a pretty good solution as well.