Animations not showing up in various games, black screen.

luigiegbert

Aug 5, 2016
Some of the games Im playing don't play animations and instead just displays a black screen. I still hear sounds and the game progresses just fine. The two examples I attached are Being a Dik and the Awakening Beach Episode. I am running windows 10. I have tried downloading K Lite, and the newest windows run time packages. Neither has worked. Any help is extremely appreciated.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017

maxisn

Oct 12, 2018
I have the same issue! How did you resolve this? I don't know what to do with the links you shared...

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017

install directshow filters
update your browser
update your graphics drivers

Helterskelter82

Aug 15, 2020
Hey there,

I'm experiencing the same problem. But as I am a mac user, the given solutions don't work for me. Does anyone know a solution for mac? The animations worked fine for until I updated to Catalina recently.

hi@there

Feb 18, 2021
For me it worked to just plug a headphone into the pc and then the files would display normally. Maybe that helps! :)

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Hey there,

I'm experiencing the same problem. But as I am a mac user, the given solutions don't work for me. Does anyone know a solution for mac? The animations worked fine for until I updated to Catalina recently.
I suggest that you go buy second windows computer and use that for games

this one have a mac version and make sure you read the instructions a couple of times

this one is for window only but the might something else out there