Ren'Py - Animeverse Island [v0.44] [Pink Gum]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Its just to weird, story starts with MC meeting a girl that makes him black out then he wakes up on a island with only girls, barely wondering about it and accepts it very easily....then he judge a bikini contest and after that he gets a boob job from some random girl he knows nothing about, you dont have any choices what so ever you just follow along watching an idiotic MC.
    Never did find out if game has any kind of story or not but it dident seem like it, only thing you do is train and fuck whoever.

Then it trows you into sandbox with an empty quest log...?
    so you can just randomly click around maps and try to figure out what you can do, train, make money and so on but 0 hints.
    And you still have no clue as to whats going on or why you are even there....
    your apprently a student at a school? forced to stay there for the summer?
    why?

There alot of boring mini-games that makes no real sense, take dancing you can sit and click for a min or waste 5 mins or more clicking since its timed and easy so theres nothing that stops you since there is no finish unless you let timer run out, using a min or 10 wont matter either since you just gain +5 stat points no matter how long you use on the mini-game.

Then you can do small find this or that quests for a LI to gain relationship points, but dont think it has any kind of relationship build up or get to know LIs, its pretty much a mindless fuckfest game in every way and 100% out of your controle, might as well call this a kinetic novel since i dident see any choices that does a thing.

Girls 2/5
    There are very few girls i found hot, mostly due to the fact that the diversity in builds are really poor, almost everyone has big tits which i just dont like in any way.

Animations 3/5
    Pretty average for this type of character style.

Music 3/5
    Standard background stuff nothing special.

Sandbox 2/5
    Alot of mini-games which could have been fun enough but the type in this one is boring, math, clicking a ball, dancing by clicking a box, its just all meh.
    No hint system, no real main story to follow, not really sure what game is even about.
    Clicking around on maps to try to find something to do and constantly finding nothing makes game feel empty and just a pointless waste of time, map dosent show girls and without hint you dont know where to go or what to do, you get the idea its just not good enough atleast not yet.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

StadJun

This game is good, but not perfect (yet, I hope)

What I really loved:
    1. Visuals, style and characters designs.
    2. A lot of girls from anime titles that I know.
    3. Great animations.
    4. Setting, love the anime type schools and harems!

What I think could be done better:
    1. More content (hope it comes soon)
    2. Main story development. I see some bits about spade tattoo, Yuna and school director, but I hope we will see more of it.

Well, unfortunately, there is no option to give this game a 4,5. But taking in considerations that initial release was only one month ago, I think this game has a huge potential and is very good already, so between choosing 4 and 5, I choose 5, as I can't rate it a 4,5.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Greatazuredragon

Great art but very little content.
    After over 20 mintues of gamplay and only a couple of blowjob scenes I cannot even find the girls in the map. Which feels extremely empty and lacking options.
    Very disapointing.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Cyber.x.pimp

This game is great, too short and with small issues, but still, an awesome start.

Setting - Well, I am a big anime fan and I always wanted a game with harem of anime girls, I've seen some, but they were far from perfection in terms of visuals and animations. I love the cast, especially Nami, Yoruichi and Hinata. And very happy to see Ryoko, cause she is not that popular nowadays, but still sexy. 5/5

Graphics/Design - Design is perfect, girls are hot. Breasts size is really close to the original characters, maybe Tatsumaki's ass is more like in fan art things, but I like it. I do not like Uraraka's design, but not only in this game. but in the original manga. 5/5

Story - Can't say a lot for now, it is pretty simple and I am okay with that, cause I am here not for the story. But I can understand when people say, that this part is a disadvantage of this product. I hope in next updates you will dig more into it. 3.5/5

Sex scenes - This is deffinitely a hit. I love graphics, I like this design and I really enjoy animations in here. I think the only problem is that you should loop some of them. 5/5

Interface/Map - It is pretty simple and informative enough. I believe map could be a bit more interesting in terms of design, but overall it;s fine.

As I said, there are some issues, but, I can't give this game a 4 only beacuse the story is just starting and doesent tell a lot yet (I hope). Visuals, girls, animations, setting, that's an absolute 5.

Don't make me change my mind, keep it up and release good updates, Pink Gum!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

LivingUnderARock

A very good start, and with some improvements I can see myself possibly upping this to five stars at some future release.

Models: 4.5/5 - Cute girls well rendered!
    Animations: 4/5 - Well rendered, animating facial expressions might make this a 5.
    Lewd Scenes: 3.5/5 - Short and low on detail and passion.
    Story: 3/5 - Not much story here, especially if you don't follow anime (like me).
    Gameplay: 2.5/5 - Not a grindfest (yet?), nor a full-on sandbox, but has enough sandbox-like characteristics that it could become tedious when it gets longer.
    Minigames: 2/5 - I dislike minigames in all forms. These aren't the worst, but they're still minigames. If you're not an anime follower, you'll need google to get anywhere in the anime quiz, and reaction-time minigames piss me off to no end (if I wanted to play a FPS, I would).

Right now the game is pretty short, but shows promise, and I love the artwork style.

There are some minor grammar bugs, and in a couple of places the game seemed to jump back a few panes into the end of the previous scene.

In the future, I'd like to see the dev add some hints and/or walkthrough guidance - can you have all the girls, or do you need to pick one/some?

One last point: the dev's using PNG files rather than taking a little bit of lossines with something like JPG. The game's already into GB territory with minimal content - gonna have to switch to a more efficient compressed format soon or it'll be a 10 GB game for 90 minutes of playing time.