RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
The update, so far has been delayed by one week. What you refer to before, was never a concrete release date, but merely the Devs most optimistic hope. When you saw 'hoped' you should have been able to read between the lines, and recognise that this was something that might happen, but probably wouldn't. So why do you keep saying the update has been delayed over a month, when this is just false?

A fortnight ago, the Dev said he intended to release within a week. That was the first time he made any definite claim about the release date. That means the update has been delayed a week, which in the big scheme of things is nothing. Apart from the early updates (which were much shorter) and were released monthly, the Dev has released between 2-4 months for the last 6 years ( depending on the length of updates). There has been no variation outside this release schedule, except in the minds of some players, who appear to get hysterical when they have to wait longer than two months.
So now we just start believing that when dev says he is hoping to release by end of some month or 1st week of next month we consider it as end of the next month according to your logic!
It's not my first time but I have seen renpy game devs like perfect housewife,project myriam etc devs taking efforts and pushing updates with quality I can assure you in span of 1 month an even they say they hope but gradually release in 1 month span

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
[...] I also understand that where I am typing is an " opportunistic " freebie site, and they have no right to complain about delays, or content, but they will, I only hope it does not deter the "heroes" from linking the game.
I don't think you are complaining but merely pointing something out which is totally legit in my book ... and also pretty substanciated if you follow the devs behavior.

I like the game very much but i really despise these constantly recurring last minute excuses which are often pretty lame.

khantus

Jan 30, 2019
What reason do you have to think that? He hasn't said anything more than he said on Wednesday?
These are just my guesses, in this update the bar scene will have the two routes, that is a lot of work, that is why the update is taking so long to come out, also some renders will be added to John and Andrew's scene, not to mention the plot change that Deep mentioned.

Reactions: DD3DD

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
So now we just start believing that when dev says he is hoping to release by end of some month or 1st week of next month we consider it as end of the next month according to your logic!
It's not my first time but I have seen renpy game devs like perfect housewife,project myriam etc devs taking efforts and pushing updates with quality I can assure you in span of 1 month an even they say they hope but gradually release in 1 month span
Well yeah, if you're assuming that it's going to be released on a date, when the Dev has clearly stated he MIGHT release, if everything goes according to plan. Then I think you're being overly optimistic. The problem is, if a Dev tries to be optimistic and gives a date he's not entirely certain about, to please his most impatient fans. They all take it, like he was giving a cast iron guarantee to release on that date. I've lost count of the number of times, I've had to remind people of this, on this thread. Who never read the Devs posts properly, and just seem to see what they want to see.

You mention Project Myriam. It's a great game, one of my favourites and Zorlun does an amazing job to release updates every 1-2 months. But it's far less complex than this one. As a sandbox game, with a phone function, which is heavily integrated into the gameplay, the devs have created a rod for their own back. Because they messed up during early implementation of this function, which now causes issues in every update that is released (which is why old saves are often so problematic). Zorlun doesn't have to deal with any of this, because his game is so much simpler in form.

The other main difference, is that Project Myriam doesn't have any animated scenes. And animations can take a long time to get right. The current problems that the Devs are dealing with, are likely entirely down to the animations, which Deep mentioned in an earlier update. So it might appear to you, that other game Devs can release much quicker than Deepsleep, but without the right context, such comparisons are meaningless.

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
These are just my guesses, in this update the bar scene will have the two routes, that is a lot of work, that is why the update is taking so long to come out, also some renders will be added to John and Andrew's scene, not to mention the plot change that Deep mentioned.
Personally, I think it's the animated scenes. Deep doesn't say a lot, but he did mention issues with the animations, so I think they've been struggling to get them right. And he did say there were going to be more animations in this update, than normal.

Reactions: DD3DD and khantus

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
Well yeah, if you're assuming that it's going to be released on a date, when the Dev has clearly stated he MIGHT release, if everything goes according to plan. Then I think you're being overly optimistic. The problem is, if a Dev tries to be optimistic and gives a date he's not entirely certain about, to please his most impatient fans. They all take it, like he was giving a cast iron guarantee to release on that date. I've lost count of the number of times, I've had to remind people of this, on this thread. Who never read the Devs posts properly, and just seem to see what they want to see.

You mention Project Myriam. It's a great game, one of my favourites and Zorlun does an amazing job to release updates every 1-2 months. But it's far less complex than this one. As a sandbox game, with a phone function, which is heavily integrated into the gameplay, the devs have created a rod for their own back. Because they messed up during early implementation of this function, which now causes issues in every update that is released (which is why old saves are often so problematic). Zorlun doesn't have to deal with any of this, because his game is so much simpler in form.

The other main difference, is that Project Myriam doesn't have any animated scenes. And animations can take a long time to get right. The current problems that the Devs are dealing with, are likely entirely down to the animations, which Deep mentioned in an earlier update. So it might appear to you, that other game Devs can release much quicker than Deepsleep, but without the right context, such comparisons are meaningless.
What about perfect housewife?I mean the game's dev was working pretty hard and yes his animations have been improved since the launch
And well Yeah he's doing it on SOLO basis whereas here DeepSleep has someone

I'm not saying don't take time to make perfect animations but there are some devs putting lot of effort these days to make sure they aren't milking patrons and releasing pretty close to estimates they give

We need to give room to these actual hard working devs because they are the ones taking efforts to build renpy/adult based gaming community

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
1. Nobody here ever said oh make some novel/side story(which wasn't even interesting)so that the actual game can be delayed/pushed further

2.Nobody likes those faster/slower animations and they can be removed completely to avoid delay in updates

3.Scenes could have been made with less random/new NPCs in background to have rendering animations easily which could help to release new updates easily

4.For example we have already seen a same heavy rendering animation scene which took on beach with Anna and new guys which could have been avoided if those few people around beaches wouldn't have been in scene

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
What about perfect housewife?I mean the game's dev was working pretty hard and yes his animations have been improved since the launch

I'm not saying don't take time to make perfect animations but there are some devs putting lot of effort these days to make sure they aren't milking patrons and releasing pretty close to estimates they give

We need to give room to these actual hard working devs because they are the ones taking efforts to build renpy/adult based gaming community
Mate, it's totally pointless having any kind of interaction with that person, whatsoever.

Even if Deep took an AK and wiped-out an entire class of kindergarten kids, I can promise you they would be up on here swearing to God Almighty and all that's Holy that his finger slipped on the trigger, or that he was set-up by the feds.

• Haha
Reactions: RecklessOG

natz23

Jun 11, 2018
1. Nobody here ever said oh make some novel/side story(which wasn't even interesting)so that the actual game can be delayed/pushed further

2.Nobody likes those faster/slower animations and they can be removed completely to avoid delay in updates

3.Scenes could have been made with less random/new NPCs in background to have rendering animations easily which could help to release new updates easily

4.For example we have already seen a same heavy rendering animation scene which took on beach with Anna and new guys which could have been avoided if those few people around beaches wouldn't have been in scene
These are true. Especially no. 2, we don't want it.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022

I can't comment on The Perfect Housewife cos I don't play it. But as I indicated, it's not just the animations that the Devs are currently having to deal with. Admittedly some of those ongoing issues are of their own making because of errors made early in Chapter 2, but they still have to deal with them, and it's not helped by ridiculous conspiracy theories concocted by impatient players (any suggestion they are milking players is ludicrous).

Deciding to continue with the Sandbox version in the Renpy format, may not have been the best decision in hindsight, because they have had no end of problems with it, which might not be apparent to the average player, who are not following the process on Discord. If you're not privy to this information, you may not see the real troubles the Devs have been faced with. At one point Deepsleep was so depressed by at all, he was very nearly tempted to abandon the game. And surely none of us want that.

And that's why I always back them up, because people don't admit those kinds of private troubles, unless they're really genuine. If we all want to see the end of this game, sometime in the future, we all need to stop criticising the Devs for what are in the bigger scheme of things, merely minor delays. If the game could be released earlier it would be. Deep loves making this game, and he loves when people get pleasure from it. But making it has sometimes been a strain on his health. Lovers of this game should be doing everything in their power, to not make that worse.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022

1) It's not about the people here, most of whom don't support the game. It's about the patrons, the people who actually pay for it, and make sure this game exists at all. These are the people who determine these things, and if you want to try and make things different, then you should put your money where your mouth is.

2) Unfortunately, that is incorrect. The majority of patrons do like them. I agree with you, I've never liked them. But amongst patrons, I'm in the minority.

3+4) Once again, the Devs rely on feedback they get from their patrons, who as a group are far more supportive of these kind of 'innovations'. A Dev's primary concern is to make his game, as appealing to his patrons as possible. So if the majority of them want something, then they'll try to accommodate that. Which may not coincide with the desires of the greater game community, most of whom play the game for free. And at this advanced stage of a game, there is little to be gained financially by taking into account the wishes of non-patrons.

Reactions: DD3DD and khantus

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
These are true. Especially no. 2, we don't want it.
Unfortunately, unless you're a patron, the Dev probably isn't listening to you. I know that might sound harsh. But it's just a fact of life. Devs listen more to their patrons. And the Devs who are active on this site and appear to be listening, are generally the ones who don't have a lot of patrons. Once you've established your own sizeable patron community, you spend less and less time on sites like this. It's at least 5 years since Deep last commented on this thread, and I'm not even sure if he even comes here anymore. My guess is, he maybe looks in, immediately after an update is released. But the rest of time, any comments directed at him, are probably not being seen.

Last edited:

khantus

Jan 30, 2019
Deciding to continue with the Sandbox version in the Renpy format, may not have been the best decision in hindsight, because they have had no end of problems with it, which might not be apparent to the average player, who are not following the process on Discord. If you're not privy to this information, you may not see the real troubles the Devs have been faced with. At one point Deepsleep was so depressed by at all, he was very nearly tempted to abandon the game. And surely none of us want that.

And that's why I always back them up, because people don't admit those kinds of private troubles, unless they're really genuine. If we all want to see the end of this game, sometime in the future, we all need to stop criticising the Devs for what are in the bigger scheme of things, merely minor delays. If the game could be released earlier it would be. Deep loves making this game, and he loves when people get pleasure from it. But making it has sometimes been a strain on his health. Lovers of this game should be doing everything in their power, to not make that worse.
What a disturbing fact, Anna is my favorite game and is the one I have supported the most on Patreon, so I would hate to see Deep stop releasing more Anna adventures. Sometimes we forget that a lot of the people who make these kinds of games are just hobbyists, that a lot of the things they learned were from YouTube tutorials or asking other people, and in many cases it's just one person making the game and we criticize them as if they were professionals or had a whole studio behind them. It doesn't bother me at all if a game I like is delayed, you have to remember that developers have a life outside of all this.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
I can't comment on The Perfect Housewife cos I don't play it. But as I indicated, it's not just the animations that the Devs are currently having to deal with. Admittedly some of those ongoing issues are of their own making because of errors made early in Chapter 2, but they still have to deal with them, and it's not helped by ridiculous conspiracy theories concocted by impatient players (any suggestion they are milking players is ludicrous).

Agreed but, as you may know, some people don't see it that way. Some people aint happy unless they're bitching. They can't help it because they're not mature enough to have patience. I'm not sure some can even spell it. I'm pretty sure that the ones bitching about an update timeline have Never even tried to create their own renders, let alone doing a game full of them.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I won't be indimidated by your superficial rose-colored ideology. Of course you can blabber around all want but don't tell other people to stop voicing their opinion.
Exactly, I find it tiresome that people tell other people to stop having their opinion while posting theirs. PEOPLE WILL POST WHAT THEY WANT, as long its not name calling or insulting directly to someone people need to stop trying to censor other people.

If someone posts about not criticizing the devs for any game I am just going to put them on ignore so I don't have to see their crap and I would suggest people who don't like to see the devs be criticized do the same.

So Zara that includes you.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
I won't be indimidated by your superficial rose-colored ideology. Of course you can blabber around all want but don't tell other people to stop voicing their opinion.
Nobody is suggesting you or anybody else can't voice their opinions. But keeping up this relentless suggestion that the Dev is in some way scamming the players and there is some dodgy ulterior motive behind the delay, is not only false, but also utterly pointless, because the Dev is very likely not following this dialogue. Answer me this, if I know that you're wrong, because I'm getting my information right from the horse's mouth and not relying entirely on the fanciful theories some people are currently spouting on this thread, why would I not say so?

At the end of the day, the update has been delayed somewhat, and repeating the same tired conspiracy theories daily, is not going to make a blind bit of difference, beyond increasing the reaction scores of certain individuals, and boring the rest of us silly. The update will be released when it's ready, and hopefully that will be quite soon.

4.00 star(s) 137 Votes