Lac

Jul 2, 2017
Zara Scarlet: i don't care if you have insider information or not. But for me it looks like you are are just a zealot defending every move of a dev.
I don't care about the delays themselves. But i care about development and i see none. As i stated before this dev finds every time some arbitrary hurdle to delay the release. So either he is the most unlucky person in the world or it is mere incompetence. In the latter case someone could try to learn form past experience and be more careful about announcing a release.

That is all my own personal observation. I also never stated any hidden agenda meaning milking about the delays on part of the dev. But i think these delays give a bad vibe and things could be handled much better.

Also you should probably read your own posts again and think about how they come across. When you write "we all need to stop..." that is literally meant to shut people up. So don't newspeak me.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Exactly, I find it tiresome that people tell other people to stop having their opinion while posting theirs. PEOPLE WILL POST WHAT THEY WANT, as long its not name calling or insulting directly to someone people need to stop trying to censor other people.

If someone posts about not criticizing the devs for any game I am just going to put them on ignore so I don't have to see their crap and I would suggest people who don't like to see the devs be criticized do the same.

So Zara that includes you.
I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't criticise the Devs, only that they shouldn't criticise them unfairly. And when people start suggesting that the Devs of this game are milking the players, that's just plain stupid. This one update has taken a bit longer to finish, but all the other recent ones have taken the normal 2-3 months. So to claim otherwise, is just hysterical nonsense. Yes, the game has some issues, mainly because Awake made a huge booboo whilst implementing the phone function earlier in Chapter 2. But in his defence, he was new to coding, and people make mistakes when they're learning something new. This has caused a lot of problems for the Devs going forward, particularly with old saves, which a lot of the time don't work properly. And without starting again from scratch, there appears to be no easy solution to this issue, which the Devs have pretty much accepted they have to work around.

And for those interested, I have made multiple criticisms of this game, I just don't make them here. I make them where I know the Devs are actually listening. If you want your opinion to be heard by the Devs, then you need to go on Discord, or become a Patron and tell them on Patreon

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
I wasn't suggesting that people shouldn't criticise the Devs, only that they shouldn't criticise them unfairly. [...]
And for those interested, I have made multiple criticisms of this game, I just don't make them here. I make them where I know the Devs are actually listening. If you want your opinion to be heard by the Devs, then you need to go on Discord, or become a Patron and tell them on Patreon
Who will be the judge of this fairness? That's all personal preference and doesn't lead anywhere.

Also i am here and this is a great platform with many great people. I have very little interest and moreover time to divide myself on any more platforms.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Zara Scarlet: i don't care if you have insider information or not. But for me it looks like you are are just a zealot defending every move of a dev.
I don't care about the delays themselves. But i care about development and i see none. As i stated before this dev finds every time some arbitrary hurdle to delay the release. So either he is the most unlucky person in the world or it is mere incompetence. In the latter case someone could try to learn form past experience and be more careful about announcing a release.

That is all my own personal observation. I also never stated any hidden agenda meaning milking about the delays on part of the dev. But i think these delays give a bad vibe and things could be handled much better.

Also you should probably read your own posts again and think about how they come across. When you write "we all need to stop..." that is literally meant to shut people up. So don't newspeak me.
I'm a bit confused. You say you don't care about the 'delays', but then immediately contradict yourself by making the rest of the post about how much you hate the 'delays'. What you claim above is simply not true. Apart from this update, all recent updates have happened within the normal 2-3 months turnaround, which has been the norm throughout the duration of this game. This is not my personal observation, but fact. Now, if you're not paying attention all the time. Then it might appear to you that the game is repeatedly being delayed, because you hear people on here saying that it is. Now I'm not claiming such people have ulterior motives, just that they don't remember that clearly, because perhaps they have busy lives that take precedence over remembering every fact about this game. As a retired person, I don't have that problem and I can devote as much time as I want to this game and the others that I play. I do pay attention all the time and I read every single post in this thread, as well as all the posts on Discord and Patreon. This, together with the dozens of complete playthroughs of this game, that I've made, has given me a very deep understanding of it, which I think most people don't have. Which is probably why Deep sometimes comments, that my knowledge of this game is greater than anybody else, including him.

Now, am I overly obsessed with this game? Probably. Do I hate it, when people criticise my favourite game? Definitely. But the truth is, nobody criticises this game more than I do. I just don't criticise it here, where the Devs are not listening. And because they're not listening, and therefore can't defend themselves. I want to do it for them, because this game matters to me, as much as it matters to them. And believe me, it does matter to them, and what matters most is making it an enjoyable experience for players. And when they fail to achieve that, nobody takes it to heart, as much as Deep does. Now you may think I'm looking at all this through rose tinted glasses, but the thing is I'm not. I'm just paying more attention than you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gisgo and doccop63

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Who will be the judge of this fairness? That's all personal preference and doesn't lead anywhere.

Also i am here and this is a great platform with many great people. I have very little interest and moreover time to divide myself on any more platforms.
Facts, will be the judge of fairness. Personal preference doesn't come into it. The problem is too many people are making statements that don't match up to the facts. Like you claiming that delays to the updates are becoming a more common occurence, when the facts clearly show that the turnaround for most updates is the normal 2-3 months it has always been.

And that's why I have the understanding that I have. Because I do have the time and interest to discover these facts, and read every scrap of information and theories that hundreds of people are making across multiple platforms.

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
Zara Scarlet: i never said anything about the release intervals being irregular. Please read my earlier posts.
I only stated that the communication about new releases is always completely out of sync. There is a statement about a release and then a few hours before said release appears some random but sudden hurdle which causes a delay. Of course things happen but in this case it is a pattern that shows all the time so this is making me suspicious and i express that. Nothing more nothing less.

On the other hand if the dev is not here and misses out of this audience here than this is also i'd say not a smart move but he is in luck to have his white knights and other minions who defend him blindly without any extra costs.
Yes, this could be interpreted as cynical and malicious and whatnot but i defer from censoring myself.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Zara Scarlet: i never said anything about the release intervals being irregular. Please read my earlier posts.
I only stated that the communication about new releases is always completely out of sync. There is a statement about a release and then a few hours before said release appears some random but sudden hurdle which causes a delay. Of course things happen but in this case it is a pattern that shows all the time so this is making me suspicious and i express that. Nothing more nothing less.

On the other hand if the dev is not here and misses out of this audience here than this is also i'd say not a smart move but he is in luck to have his white knights and other minions who defend him blindly without any extra costs.
Yes, this could be interpreted as cynical and malicious and whatnot but i defer from censoring myself.
Deep stated on August 31, that they were having significant issues with the animations and would have to redo most of them. Bearing in mind, this update will have a lot more animations than a normal update, it's taking longer than expected. On August 24 he had stated, he expected to release the update soon, so my guess is they were testing it at the end of August, prior to a planned release and discovered major issues which forced the present delay. These things happen sometimes, and there is no sinister plot behind it or evidence of a pattern of delays, except in some people's imaginations.

The reason the Dev is not here is obvious. Most people here are not patrons, and therefore he isn't missing out on anything. If Deep had 100 patrons, I guarantee he'd be here all the time. But he's had over 1000 patrons for the last 6 years, so he's not desperate to get every last new patron he can, because he's already doing very nicely with the ones he already has. Those are the people he has to please, and if you think none of them criticise him, it just shows how little understanding you really have. Patrons are the most critical, because they are actually paying for the game. They just don't make stupid criticisms, that's the difference. And they tend to have a deeper understanding of the real difficulties that the Devs are faced with.

I find it so ironical, that some people who don't pay, appear to have a greater sense of entitlement, than the people who do actually support it with actual money. You should be grateful there are white knights, who make it possible for you to play this game at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: doccop63

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
Zara Scarlet: as you stated yourself you have to much time at hand and you are in to deep. Now you're posting half assed bitter resentments. If this forum doesn't matter for him why this agressive defending? Would't it also not matter?

There is so much hastily conjectured and convoluted nonsense that i'm going to withdraw for now. But thanks for keeping me entertained so far.

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
Conclusion:
Pay some dollars to dev so that u can make sure you shut up devs blind followers or knights?

If that's the case this thread Has to be abandoned by all people who do not pay!

Even if I do pay what is the guarantee DeepSleep is going to implement all suggestions which I suggest! Actually not even one of them!

So mere conclusion is if I pay him I get to defend myself and to voice my opinion!Is that true?

Look at what StoperArt did when people pay him regularly

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: fameerfuddi and Lac

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
Zara Scarlet: as you stated yourself you have to much time at hand and you are in to deep. Now you're posting half assed bitter resentments. If this forum doesn't matter for him why this agressive defending? Would't it also not matter?

There is so much hastily conjectured and convoluted nonsense that i'm going to withdraw for now. But thanks for keeping me entertained so far.
Leave it bro,its beyond his understanding that somewhere you cannot just put fear of abandoning the game into its players and do whatever you want

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
So people who are new to this game or are not patrons do not have the right to criticize/suggest anything at all

This means that dev doesn't want new people to come, suggest and play this game and just keep pleasuring his old people.

And that's how a community is build,BY ABANDONING NEW PEOPLE

RecklessOG

Dec 25, 2023
Agreed but, as you may know, some people don't see it that way. Some people aint happy unless they're bitching. They can't help it because they're not mature enough to have patience. I'm not sure some can even spell it. I'm pretty sure that the ones bitching about an update timeline have Never even tried to create their own renders, let alone doing a game full of them.
Do you even know that I make fan arts on my own but I haven't posted them since they need improvement but I'm trying

And talking about patience,what if Deepsleep says some update is going to take 1 year to release, you'd still be happy about it ?

It's not calling bitching mister it's called criticism which u can't stand at all

• Red Heart
Reactions: fameerfuddi

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Conclusion:
Pay some dollars to dev so that u can make sure you shut up devs blind followers or knights?

If that's the case this thread Has to be abandoned by all people who do not pay!

Even if I do pay what is the guarantee DeepSleep is going to implement all suggestions which I suggest! Actually not even one of them!

So mere conclusion is if I pay him I get to defend myself and to voice my opinion!Is that true?

Look at what StoperArt did when people pay him regularly
Over 1000 people have been paying him regularly for the past 6 years. And updates are still released on most occasions every 2-3 months. One thing is for certain, if you don't become a patron, then you'll continue to have no influence. Patrons have influence, non-patrons dont.

Reactions: doccop63

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
Do you even know that I make fan arts on my own but I haven't posted them since they need improvement but I'm trying

And talking about patience,what if Deepsleep says some update is going to take 1 year to release, you'd still be happy about it ?

It's not calling bitching mister it's called criticism which u can't stand at all
I never mentioned you dude. Your comprehensive skills are off kilter. A saying in the South goes, "A hit dog will holler." Furthermore, if you Are trying to do fan art, you should be The Last person being critical about someone's update timeline since you just admitted that you haven't posted because they need improvement. I take that to mean that, you haven't put anything out according to Your timeline because it's incomplete. Yeah, okay.
Now, it's one thing to be critical. EVERYTHING that falls under human scrutiny Will be criticized. I gots NO problem with that. It becomes Bitching when you feel the need to double-down on a point then elaborate on it, particularly when a person who's told you that they have the inside scoop and explained the causes, creates a response from you akin to saying, "You don't care", then mildly insult that person by calling them, in Your words, a "white knighter." Seems to Me that You're the one bothered by, not just criticism but a reasonable explanation from a reasonable and knowledgeable person. Things that make you go "Hmm", anyone??

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
at this point it is clear that Zara Scarlett is either one of the developers or a donor who is afraid that the game will be abandoned due to criticism :LOL:

As long as criticism is constructive, it's a win-win for the developer. ;)
The criticism is constructive the first time it's made and maybe even the second. But after the 10th occasion, it's merely a bad deja-vu.

Lac

Jul 2, 2017
I never mentioned you dude. Your comprehensive skills are off kilter. A sayiing in the South goes, "A hit dog will holler." Furthermore, if you Are trying to do fan art, you should be The Last person being critical about someone's update timeline since you just admitted that you haven't posted because they need improvement. I take that to mean that, you haven't put anything out according to Your timeline because it's incomplete. Yeah, okay.
Now, it's one thing to be critical. EVERYTHING that falls under human scrutiny Will be criticized. I gots NO problem with that. It becomes Bitching when you feel the need to double-down on a point then elaborate on it, particularly when a person who's told you that they have the inside scoop and explained the causes, creates a response from you akin to saying, "You don't care", then mildly insult that person by calling them, in Your words, a "white knighter." Seems to Me that You're the one bothered by, not just criticism but a reasonable explanation from a reasonable and knowledgeable person. Things that make you go "Hmm", anyone??
So if someone is thinking about making fan art and wants to improve disqualifies him of being able to criticize the dev?
And the rest is just obedient chatter. Another mindless zealot.

4.00 star(s) 137 Votes