[Ren'Py] Anna Exciting Affection: Unofficial Ren'py Remake [v1.5] [Osmcuser132]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
I agree that this Ren'py version is way better that rpgm. I just hope that when anna eventually wraps up whatever game he makes next is in Ren'py. I would also love to see Manila shaw get a Ren'py Version too if possible. Eagerly waiting for the update! Thanks for your work! :)

icarlc

Dec 27, 2018
I am not sure what you mean, do you have some example??
I think everything is ported
Actually, I apprently got confused as to which game I was playing here. I finally got the RPGM to play on my comp and realized that there were no options where I thought they were. I also remember writing on the forum of that version on the game that I felt it felt like the decisions really didn't seem to matter because she would wind up in a bad situation no matter what choice she made.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Thank god for this. Wish people would just give up on RPGM, it's so woefully ill-suited for about 99% of the RPGM games on here.
While I don't hate RPGM as much as it seems most people do, I agree that a majority of games that use it that really should be using Ren'Py instead. Anna is one that works better in Ren'Py for sure. If DeepSleep is really keen on have the map/city travel stuff, it would be better served using a map with various clickable areas like many Ren'Py games do to move to different areas, instead of the wandering around in RPGM.

Goldgear613

Sep 21, 2016
While I don't hate RPGM as much as it seems most people do, I agree that a majority of games that use it that really should be using Ren'Py instead. Anna is one that works better in Ren'Py for sure. If DeepSleep is really keen on have the map/city travel stuff, it would be better served using a map with various clickable areas like many Ren'Py games do to move to different areas, instead of the wandering around in RPGM.
Yup been saying this for a while, i see no reason as to why this is done in rpgm it is just there to waste time and easy yo make excuses that comes with the engine. While i love anna, if one must use rpgm for anything then make sure to utilize it, like noxian nights and adorevia for example. Games like anna and elena become awfully annoying to replay after a few updates. Those 3 or 4 hours saves you got are all from walking from one corner the other and or the forced slowmo walk nonsense for a "event" taking place, am very very thankful for the renpy version of this game and eagerly awaiting for its release. Hoping at one point we can get a few more remakes from similar games to this eventually.

goobdoob

Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yup been saying this for a while, i see no reason as to why this is done in rpgm it is just there to waste time and easy yo make excuses that comes with the engine. While i love anna, if one must use rpgm for anything then make sure to utilize it, like noxian nights and adorevia for example. Games like anna and elena become awfully annoying to replay after a few updates. Those 3 or 4 hours saves you got are all from walking from one corner the other and or the forced slowmo walk nonsense for a "event" taking place, am very very thankful for the renpy version of this game and eagerly awaiting for its release. Hoping at one point we can get a few more remakes from similar games to this eventually.
My guess is when he started the game he knew about RPGM, but not about Ren'Py. I agree that this game would be much better if it was originally built with Ren'Py. Now he's too far along to switch, but maybe he'll start his next game in Ren'Py - he's made a couple bonus games in Ren'Py, so he knows how it works now.

icarlc

Dec 27, 2018
I am like you on this. There are a few games that I like on RPGM, and am not sure they would be better on another platform. This one, because of the way it is written, just works better on Ren'Py. There again there are a couple that I think would work better on RPGM than Ren'Py, and would love to see them done on that platform.

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
Wednesday Evening CEST (probably around midnight). Tuesdays are my busy days so there was no chance of a release today.

Most of the work is already done, however last week I started rewriting the code that generates the replay room to make it with pages and thumbnails and add a filter to weed out the minor scenes.
There are still some bugs in it though and depending on how far I get, the first release of this new replay room might be with just black squares instead of actual thumbnails. But there will be a scene title underneath them.

RichterQ87

Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Wednesday Evening CEST (probably around midnight). Tuesdays are my busy days so there was no chance of a release today.

Most of the work is already done, however last week I started rewriting the code that generates the replay room to make it with pages and thumbnails and add a filter to weed out the minor scenes.
There are still some bugs in it though and depending on how far I get, the first release of this new replay room might be with just black squares instead of actual thumbnails. But there will be a scene title underneath them.

Goldgear613

Sep 21, 2016
My guess is when he started the game he knew about RPGM, but not about Ren'Py. I agree that this game would be much better if it was originally built with Ren'Py. Now he's too far along to switch, but maybe he'll start his next game in Ren'Py - he's made a couple bonus games in Ren'Py, so he knows how it works now.
True enough and yeah he has some of the smaller or side stories done in Ren'py. Right now I am fine with whatever he is doing as we get a nice ren'py version even if it is a bit later but worth the wait and very thankful for the beautiful person doing this in their free time. I am also hoping that with his next game he just straight up goes with Ren'py however if he feels he MUST use the RPGM then I hope to god it actually has more to it, Noxian nights for example I enjoyed it very very much, there was combat there was stats that took place and decided events and etc so with all that in it RPGM was a perfect choice and by all means did it pretty well, its just these corruption games that are done on RPGM NON of them have anything to them that would make it invalid or not able to be done on Ren'py, The thing I have also noticed with all these games is that all the dev's literally reuse and recycle excuses for delays and or technicality issues, not a dev or whatever myself but at some point that just becomes suspect when you say you are having certain issues when all you are doing is technically giving us a VN with time wasting mechanics of making us walk from point A to B for fuck all reasons. Not saying Deepsleep is guilty of this as I have not exactly paid attention to his discords or patreon for delays or whatever. But that is just how I feel about it. I actually like his Ren'py side stories and hope he expands on them eventually.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Another possible reason could be that, for someone that knows absolutely nothing about programming, RPGM's point-and-click GUI based interface is easier to learn than the Python coding required by Ren'py.

And if the game developer is also learning 3D modelling/rendering at the same time they may find generating city & room overview layouts easier to do using RPGM (because of it's tile sets), because laying out / lighting / rending / correcting such scenes in applications like Daz 3D is very time consuming.

Reactions: WaySheGoes
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes