Daz Annoying AreaLight - HeadLamp Blocker

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
Why does Daz keep creating "AreaLight - HeadLamp Blocker" ?
I don't use headlamps on my camera's and it keeps popping up.
Often while editing a scene (not even adding/removing/editing lights), I ALT-Tab to look something up, then back to Daz and there it is again!
Is there a hidden setting somewhere that disables this?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
go to rendering settings then select Environment Options where the says Environment Mode a select Scene Only or in General select Auto Headlamp and change it to never

1676218882179.png 1676218913395.png

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
"Auto Headlamp" is set to Never.
Do you mean that "Dome and Scene" results in random Headlamp Blockers?
It doesn't always happen, days go by without me seeing it, then the same scene suddenly needs a blocker.
I keep deleting it, but it drives me mad.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
"Auto Headlamp" is set to Never.
Do you mean that "Dome and Scene" results in random Headlamp Blockers?
It doesn't always happen, days go by without me seeing it, then the same scene suddenly needs a blocker.
I keep deleting it, but it drives me mad.
I think it's the asset that loads it? I get it with some assets - load them into the scene and it loads the blocker too. Probably not Daz fault.

Reactions: BzPz

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
I think it's the asset that loads it? I get it with some assets - load them into the scene and it loads the blocker too. Probably not Daz fault.
That could be it.
I'll try to keep a look-out for when it happens again.
Thanks.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
That could be it.
I'll try to keep a look-out for when it happens again.
Thanks.
I learned to never save anything with environment. That way the scene dictates the environment and not anything you load after. For example, a figure you created and customized. Because anything you add may have their own environment which will overwrite the current one you have in your scene.

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
Found it by shrinking the scene bit by bit.
It was a lamp with UberAreaLight shader.

Thing is, that lamp was in there for a long time, and I know I've played with the scene since I added the lamp and not seen the Blocker.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Found it by shrinking the scene bit by bit.
It was a lamp with UberAreaLight shader.

Thing is, that lamp was in there for a long time, and I know I've played with the scene since I added the lamp and not seen the Blocker.
UberAreaLight is from the old 3Delight render engine. It is useless if you are using Iray. Either you are using a very old asset pack... or you have included it by mistake.

BzPz

Jan 16, 2022
UberAreaLight is from the old 3Delight render engine. It is useless if you are using Iray. Either you are using a very old asset pack... or you have included it by mistake.
Yeah, from an old asset pack that had some things I liked the look of.

Reactions: osanaiko