2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

RiQuY

Nov 6, 2018
Yeah, I'm kinda confused why the modding tool requires payment too.

I thought devs give out modding tools so the community can make updates/additions they want without the dev needing to develop them themselves (which in turn might increase the amount of people being interested cause of some of those mods).
Not like their modding tool provides some sort of asset library or anything either where one could argue you pay for using the pre-made assets. (Yes, I ofc know coding takes time too, but still)
Because the dev realized the popularity of the game and decided to ask for more money. Following the anti-consumer practices of big companies, locking content behind a deluxe version and making the mod tools cost money. There will be always someone that will pay for more if the game has a minimum quality.

"Full" game: 10 €
Deluxe game: 20€
Mod tools: 10€
Steam version: ??€

The game even has a popup that stops you and tells you to buy the deluxe version when you are going to see a "deluxe" lewd scene. (For example, the vampire/succubi scene.)

If this trend continues you can expect more paywalled content for users that already paid.

I mean, there is nothing wrong wanting more money, the dev have the freedom to do whatever they want, but you can't expect that everyone accept their decisions, and that's completely fair too. That's why this website exists, I think.

RiQuY

Nov 6, 2018
I genuinely thought it's an alright thing but god i was wrong
As I said, it's fine if you want to get paid for it, your content, your rules.

But the appeal of modding tools is trying to gain new users because modders make content interesting for people that didn't know about the game. If there are less modders because the tool cost money you have less chances to attract people.

For example, a modder discovered your game and makes a Hatsune Miku skin or any popular character. Then some random user will search for NSFW games with Hatsune Miku and it will find your game because of that mod.

acekagayaki

Sep 21, 2021
Because the dev realized the popularity of the game and decided to ask for more money. Following the anti-consumer practices of big companies, locking content behind a deluxe version and making the mod tools cost money. There will be always someone that will pay for more if the game has a minimum quality.

"Full" game: 10 €
Deluxe game: 20€
Mod tools: 10€
Steam version: ??€

The game even has a popup that stops you and tells you to buy the deluxe version when you are going to see a "deluxe" lewd scene. (For example, the vampire/succubi scene.)

If this trend continues you can expect more paywalled content for users that already paid.

I mean, there is nothing wrong wanting more money, the dev have the freedom to do whatever they want, but you can't expect that everyone accept their decisions, and that's completely fair too. That's why this website exists, I think.
pretty much yeah this website existe also for the people who want to play the game but dosent have the money to do so (for my part tho , i play lots and lots of visual novel but i dont have the money to pay for the majority of them or lot of them are not translated but fan on here does the translation)

ctx93

Jul 29, 2024
Hello, friends :) This is neat. :D Anyway, I'm giving away some free download keys on my discord in an hour, you don't have to do anything. In case anyones interested here hehe.

I'm reading everything so guys I'm learning :)
If you're being sincere (which I'll assume) then you've completely fucked this up my gal but I will try to explain why

The first problem (and the main one) is you've offering a "Full Version" which isn't the full version - This is not only against Itch's terms but just kind of a dick move; Anyone who's paid for the full version now has to rebuy the game at double the cost to actually get all the content, which means they pay 30$ instead of 10$ as you advertised originally.

That makes everyone who bought into your game when there was only thirty inputs and six H scenes because they wanted to see it grow feel like they've had the rug pulled out from under them, which I'm sure you've seen in your comments. Hell, if you wanted to raise the price of the full version to 20$ then you have every right but this just feels bad.

Charging for the modding tool is another weird option, but mostly because I don't think your game is complex enough to warrant it: I don't mean any offense but beyond a text parser and the texture in the cup what are you offering that warrants a 10$ fee? If you genuinely think that's worth 10$ then again, you do have the right to charge as much. I think this is more of an odd choice than one that feels disingenuous like the Deluxe Version, so I wouldn't hold it against you but I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

IDK, I imagine you're just looking for more money but you're going to get it at the cost of continued support. I would imagine you'd get more support if you offered the modding tools for free and only had one paid version, because at least then I could feel like I was getting a full package by buying it. I hope you reconsider things, because I'd love to see this flourish but as of right now I can't support what you're doing

edited to correct pronouns, thanks RiQuY

Last edited:

acekagayaki

Sep 21, 2021
I genuinely thought it's an alright thing but god i was wrong
if you want my best advice like i know its your first game and you are still learning so my advice is more my personal opinion so you do what you want with it ,
i recommande letting your "full version" for free as the demo version for everyone and the "deluxe version" to everyone who payed for the game that way you get continuous support and a way to give those who buyed a little bonus content that way people might complain less and be more inclined to buy it and support you
i like your game cause it's easy and help passing time when bored but the way the things are now i feel conflicted to buy it

Last edited:

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
Just a heads up to those who might be interested. You should look into the SCP lawsuit case, before talking about money.

Nightblaze

May 7, 2021
Just a heads up to those who might be interested. You should look into the SCP lawsuit case, before talking about money.
the only lawsuit i know of related to SCP was some guy living in russia decided to basically claim the entire RU SCP website was His works and extort anyone making merch related to it, including filing a Trademark with the ECU(Eurasian customs union) for it when he was completely unrelated to the community, so a handful of the creators banded together and sued him to get the copyright removed, which they didn't get the Trademark removed, but it did rule that "SCP foundation", it's logo, and the site weren't protected under the trademark, nor was any merch made by others.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017
If only such a thing were real, the machine could help me make the perfect queso for my nachos. Smoked gouda is great, but doesn't retain the smokiness I'd like when I make queso. If this thing could just spit out liquified bothwell smoke gouda, it'd be phenomenal.

Reactions: Sesquipedalian

RiQuY

Nov 6, 2018
If only such a thing were real, the machine could help me make the perfect queso for my nachos. Smoked gouda is great, but doesn't retain the smokiness I'd like when I make queso. If this thing could just spit out liquified bothwell smoke gouda, it'd be phenomenal.
It could, you should check the SCP-294 lore.

Reactions: Sesquipedalian
2.80 star(s) 5 Votes