Anonfile download site

Raknor

May 12, 2019
What is going on with the Anonfile download site. Yes, granted they are slow and have always been slow. But now, they are turning all the files you download into Disc Image Files. Why? I trust it even less with this happening. And the site is horrible anyway when it constantly will have pop-up windows come out when you click on Download and it takes several tries to actually get the real download to start. It seems the only download site worth using is Mega, but if you are a free user, you can only get a limited amount per day and when the download is 6.0 GB, that might takes several days.

drashypoo

Mar 10, 2018
Yes, adblocker.... you'll need that on most of these download sites and about speeds:
For me, if the download speed begins slow, stop downloading and start it again. Usually it goes closer to my "normal" speeds then. Also download manager might help with speeds.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Yes, I understand that. But why is Anonfile turning all the downloads into Disc Image Files?

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
It could also be that it doesn't know what to open the file with. Try right clicking on the file and going to open with and selecting 7zip and see if that works. I remember at one time with windows 10 that a bunch of people were having trouble with their files coming back with solitaire name. It turned out that it was because the system didn't know what kind of file they were and how to open them. But once you set it up the files changed to the correct format.

But as stated it could also be because your downloading a redirect file and not the actual file.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It could also be that it doesn't know what to open the file with. Try right clicking on the file and going to open with and selecting 7zip and see if that works. I remember at one time with windows 10 that a bunch of people were having trouble with their files coming back with solitaire name. It turned out that it was because the system didn't know what kind of file they were and how to open them. But once you set it up the files changed to the correct format.

But as stated it could also be because your downloading a redirect file and not the actual file.
Do you want viruses? This is how you get viruses.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
That is why I don't open them. As soon as I see that (and the file is a .zip file in the name field), I click on it once and then hit delete and then go and delete it out of my recycle bin.