Anonfile

dragonflame

Mar 9, 2020
I don't trust it. Every time I try to download a game on anon file. I end up download something that I didn't even download. One of them contains a scam.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Use an adblocker like a normal person.
Or a download aggregator like JDownloader2, it works as fine.

Alternate solution, instead of left clicking on the "download" button, right click, copy the link and past the link into the URL zone of the browser ; worked fine two weeks ago and should still works.

Reactions: fuck925

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
is anonfiles fully dead now?
Last I saw earlier this week is that they were asking for donations because they said they were more popular than their ad revenue was creating to keep server load reasonable.

It was ok 2 hours ago. Be patient, use another hosting server to download and go back later.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
i wasn't being impatient or anythingh, jsut curiosity as i clicked one of the links and it lead to a 404, then i used a different one, and i'm just curious about if they said some kind of farewell or anything

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i wasn't being impatient or anythingh, jsut curiosity as i clicked one of the links and it lead to a 404, then i used a different one, and i'm just curious about if they said some kind of farewell or anything
This is the plea I saw on the site a few days ago:
1663303469798.png

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Last I saw earlier this week is that they were asking for donations because they said they were more popular than their ad revenue was creating to keep server load reasonable.
When you remember that NOPY and their ~6,000/month pledges on Patreon was financially viable, it make you wonder if they are bad at designing their service, or bad at getting ad revenue. Especially if you take in count that they aren't this popular since they've one of the slowest download speed in some countries/networks.

Reactions: Count Morado

Kiratalle

Sep 18, 2022
When you remember that NOPY and their ~6,000/month pledges on Patreon was financially viable, it make you wonder if they are bad at designing their service, or bad at getting ad revenue. Especially if you take in count that they aren't this popular since they've one of the slowest download speed in some countries/networks.
To be fair, Nopy needed $6000 a month to pay for their servers. That kind of money is virtually impossible to pull in with pure ad revenue anymore. Maybe if they covered all of their website with adds like Mediafire does, they could manage it. But even then it's a bit doubtful since mediafire limits total file size and anonfile didn't. I'm amazed they were ever sustainable off ad revenue.