Any daz hair like rachel's from zombies retreat?

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I know of this one for G8F that is close, but not exactly the same-same. It allows you to give the bang a separate colour from the rest thou.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There could be better ones out there that fit what you need.

Reactions: lobotomist

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
I know of this one for G8F that is close, but not exactly the same-same. It allows you to give the bang a separate colour from the rest thou.

There could be better ones out there that fit what you need.
Excuse but could you teach me your ways?? How did you change the color of the bangs?

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Once you load the hair, set the black color material for it, then go to the Surface tab, and select the "Thin", scroll down to the "Cutout Opacity" and set it to 0, that will make part of the hair invisible that will cover the blue bang.
Next, select the "Bangs", and modify the "Base Color", the "Translucency Color", the "Glossy Color" (and eventualy the "Top Coat Color ", but you can leave the "Top Coat Color" for now, the three others have a more visible effect), change just the colors, not the textures. Make them light blueish.
You will have to experiment to find the blue color you want, but here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Also, you can keep the "Thin" part of the hair visible if that's the look you want, you just turn the "Cutout Opacity" back up to 1 to make it visible again. Experiment and see what you like.

And this way, you know how to change the color of each individual surface of the hair, if you ever want to. Just remember that if you apply a material from the hair folder, it will overwrite all your settings, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: lobotomist

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
And this way, you know how to change the color of each individual surface of the hair, if you ever want to. Just remember that if you apply a material from the hair folder, it will overwrite all your settings, so keep that in mind.
One more technic that is useful to know is that you can "copy and paste" material settings from another object in the scene. You can even copy and paste only to a specific material surface, not only to the whole object at once.

Using this technique, you could potentially load up a second figure and hair into the scene, set that second hair to a specific shader you might like (any of the "Texture Expansion" hair shaders from Out of Touch would be good for this sort of coloring), then copy and paste the specific material into the "bangs" material slot on you primary figure's hair. It might not always work (especially if the shader artist used bitmaps for some of the textures, rather than pure iray synthetic calculated shaders) but it might be worth a try!

Reactions: Madmanator99