Seeking Any games that has art styles like Waifu Academy and Harem Hotel?

Mar 3, 2019
Title says it all. I just can't get into art styles of most of the top vn games here like Depraved Awakening and The Deluca Family. I like their story at least but the art is just not for me unfortunately.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019
Reactions: Fantabaldu

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Since the art style in those VN/Games' characters was done using Honey Select... There are an epic crap ton of other HS based VN/Games in this market... As to their degree of quality? That varies from one VN/Game to another, as each developer goes with varying versions of the HS utility and varying degrees of resolution on the characters... The biggest theme (which I typically get really annoyed by) is the use of overly sized breasts and overly sized butts with skinny hourglass waists... Most of which are so ridiculous looking, and/or defy the laws of gravity and body design...

Some folks have already listed some better examples, but there are dozens and dozens more out there...

ZIp

Reactions: Fantabaldu
Mar 3, 2019
Since the art style in those VN/Games' characters was done using Honey Select... There are an epic crap ton of other HS based VN/Games in this market... As to their degree of quality? That varies from one VN/Game to another, as each developer goes with varying versions of the HS utility and varying degrees of resolution on the characters... The biggest theme (which I typically get really annoyed by) is the use of overly sized breasts and overly sized butts with skinny hourglass waists... Most of which are so ridiculous looking, and/or defy the laws of gravity and body design...

Some folks have already listed some better examples, but there are dozens and dozens more out there...

ZIp
Yeah me too I find that trend to be personally unfavorable but maybe it's just a western thing with everything being so out of realistic proportion. I really don't understand as someone coming from Asia lol

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah me too I find that trend to be personally unfavorable but maybe it's just a western thing with everything being so out of realistic proportion. I really don't understand as someone coming from Asia lol
I'm sure there are folks out there who have a big breast fetish, or a bit butt fetish... So in essence I don't really get disturbed when I see larger breasted characters... I more or less get disturbed when they don't appear to properly fit the body frame, or they defy gravity, or the clothing is stuck to their body shape, or they walk and do things without any consideration for the immense health problems women face when they have breasts that insanely huge... It throws the immersion completely out the door... More so when a majority of the women in the VN/Game have the same issue... Which is way more prevalent in Honey Select designed VN/Games then models made in other modelling engines...

I don't think it's as much of a Western Culture thing then it is a Eastern Culture thing that migrated into the Western Culture, for this niche of the market... The exaggeration of things like body parts and character age visuals, seems to be a theme found in many Adult/Erotic Manga, Anime, and Hentai... And since the Asian market has really been the leader of these styles of Visual Novels and Games, way before the popularity boom in the Western Markets, they kind of set the benchmark... And really it's not completely black and white... It's varying shades of grey, at least in the current market over the last several years... And based on what we've seen in many Honey Select designed VN/Games, even those made my Western developers... Then mixed in with the easy acquisition of this Japanese developed utility, which is being used illegally by most western developers, you see a trend for a majority of the VN/Games made using HS, to incorporate these particularly over the top visuals...

Zip