Seeking Any games where a certain naming the relationships affects the gameplay.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
I have noticed that the most common way for developers to bypass Patreon's ban on incest content is the option to name relationships with certain chareacters.
So the dafault option might be for example "roommate" instead "sister" and you can change it to "sister".
Are there any games which works differently with different relationships naming or the name of the relationship is always just a cosmetic change and the games assume a family relationship with the characters where you choose the names of the relationship?
To make it clear I don't like incest content so if I can choose, I prefer games without incest. However, just different name does not make a big difference if the story obviously assumes that the "roommate" is your sister. I know I can avoid games that include incest. However, I think some are still worth playing, even though I do not like this fetish.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
They're almost always just a substitution, and if anything does change it's removal of content rather than changing. That said, there are a few games that have been made since the change to patreon's rules that have found more clever methods of circumventing the ban. For instance, Timestamps. In that one you're an 18 year old male who is living with a family friend, iirc. The fact that the woman is a friend of your mother's makes the taboo elements of an incest game work in ways that the typical "roommate" scenario doesn't. Similarly, a game that started before the ban but did what I think was a clever circumvension is Babysitter. Instead of being her uncle, as you are in the base game, you are instead her god-father. This removes any blood relation, but still makes the fact that you've known her since she was little make sense. It would absolutely work the taboo angle still, in the exact same way that it does with timestamps.

Then there's a game like the one I'm developing. The original premise is a romantic relationship between twins, but because I will likely be forced to release it on Patreon, there will be a version wherein rather than living with their mother and father, each of them are orphaned after some tragedy and live with a god-mother and her husband. Either way the game opens with the husband/father sexually assaulting the male twin after a long shift as a police officer. The sister wakes up to go to the restroom and stumbles on the scene, retrieves the father's discarded pistol from the ground and kills him to save the brother. This causes a new relationship to brew between them, the brother hero-worshipping the sister and the sister worrying about and caring for the brother. They begin sleeping in the same room, as the brother doesn't feel safe in his own, and this leads to a scenario in which the two of them grow ever closer.

Now, of course, since I'm writing this with Patreon's rules in mind, I'm doing a few things I might not do otherwise. The siblings always refer to one another by name except in instances where their sibling relationship would add a taboo sexuality to the content. A fantasy in the first episode has the brother imagine the sister giving him a hand-job and in the end she says "cum for me." if the incest is enabled, she follows that initial one up with a "cum for your sister" So, if anything, the result makes it more like I'm modding incest into it, rather than modding it out, like the older games do. The taboo also still works, because a major part of the sister's arc is that she feels dirty, even guilty for having these feelings for the brother, as she feels that makes her just as bad as the father, taking advantage of his need for her to get what she wants out of him. This works whether they're related or not.

On the other hand, there are games like Milfy City which barely try to hide it at all, going straight for the roommate bait and not trying to make the story make sense in that context any more than the older games of the same ilk did.