Any interest in this kind of art style?

cj0202

Mar 6, 2019
Hi, dev looking to get into making games but unsure of art and looking to gauge interest for different styles

Also what genre of game would you like to see? VN seems to be the most popular

Let me know what you think!

1.png

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I enjoy many different kinds of artstyles, but this... no. This looks terrible, unpolished and cheap. If I played a game with this kind of art, it would take me out of the game. I would prefer to just have a text based game instead. Sorry man, but for me, this style is a definite no.

Reactions: Takomon and Guntag

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Maybe if you add black lines, a nose (please add a nose) and a facial expression that doesn't feel empty.

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
You sir just awaken me from snooze phase effortlessly
thank you and good morning

may this friday bring you a lot of improvement
so later my lower part can response properly to your attempt
thank you again

Sinaxxr

Corrupting A Nun (Dev/Artist)
Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
It's not a very attractive art style. I'd work on it some more. Like someone else suggested, you may want to add black lines. The tits are barely discernible from the arm and body.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
even southpark assets are more colorful than that c'mon at least put some lines on the edges and some shades

trusk rock

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2020
sorry but not many people would like it. i personally wouldn't prefer this either. Check out daz. you can try creating art in there

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it could work if you were great at drawing. but now it just looks like you used a line tool to draw on a photo. which I'm sure it pretty much what's going on here, except for those couple of strands of polygon hair.

if the question is whether this is good enough? no. just no.

if the question is whether it could be made to work? yea, sure. but you'd need to excel at drawing before it stops looking like shit.

if it's the style you'd like to go for to avoid hyperrealism, but lack the draughtsmanship for, maybe you should look at cartoon style rendering of 3d models. not quite like this but sort of the same idea.

Ilyana

May 15, 2018
Sorry but no it just lacks a lot its too flat and nothing is really defined. Honestly kind of scary too look at.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
maybe this could be useful for you. just spotted a game in latest updates with pixel art drawn on top of photos for an 8-bit vibe, and it kinda works like what you're trying to do.

Naked Ambition

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Sorry mate, I'm all for interesting and unique artstyles but this is way too abstract for me. Even if you have a killer story I'd prefer it to be text based. Why not start off using DAZ or HS?

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
sorry but it isnt too much detailed and not many people will like that, but the art style could work for a html flash game like Amanda day 4 - or make it SFW and include shooting and stuff lul